The author is sharing her personal life experiences and observations through this article.
Travelling; Why It is Very Important in Our Life?
Travelling is an extraordinary experience every person need to try. It reveals a whole new and exciting world out there, opens out your inner strength, and presents with unforgettable adventures. There is nothing quite like travelling, like seeing a new place for the first time or returning to a favourite one. People of all ages, from all around the world, go to foreign places for different reasons- mainly for work, family and leisure. Whether by plane, train, ship or by automobile, travelling is generally a pleasurable experience, at least for the people who can financially afford comfortable and safe methods of travel. But, it has more benefits than satisfying one’s need to make money, like for example, to see loved ones and enjoy oneself on vacation. There are so many other benefits of travelling and some of those are explaining bellow:
1. Gives peace of mind: Travelling lets you unwind from your everyday routine and helps you clear your mind. It helps you to clean your rusted lens and helps you to breathe while you spend time with yourself. It improves your mental health by helping you feel calm. Relieving the tension and stress of your life lets your mind relax and heal which gives inner peace of your mind.
2. Makes memories: Travelling will always create memories with certain experiences that you might face through the time. Memories could be any type; good or bad. These occurrences give us opportunities to learn more and adapt with different situations in life those make strapping memories and move forward to our survival.
3. Improves communication skills: Travelling can improve your communication skills. It puts you in situations you wouldn’t have ended up otherwise. This makes you think outside the box and communicate with other people more. The more you will be able to communicate with people, it will help you to progress more in your professional life; which will open the door of success in your career. This is how travelling can mark you with long lasting effects towards life.
4. Provides with real life education: People get in touch with different people staying in different countries through travelling. They can observe how strange others life could be in live. They can observe the both hardships and ease of multiple countries’ people. This can shape their mindset by acknowledging about real life scenarios of people through out the world. Real life ideas and education is always more effective in learning rather than anything else in this earth.
5. Exploring new cultures: Tourism brings people together from different backgrounds, cultures and traditions. They get chance to get connected with new cultures and values. It is always very exciting to know about new things in life. It effects both tourists and local people as well. For local people, tourism can result in changes to behaviour and lifestyle. On the other hand, tourists immerse themselves in new cultures which provides a constant urge to continued learning in life.
6. Discovery of new cuisines: Food is and always has been an important part of culture. It satisfies the body and opens up avenues for the yearnings of the soul. We can learn about a country’s history, traditions and societal norms through foods of that particular country. Cultural cuisine is a meaningful presence on the table. It is the gateway of understanding the people over the world. This discovery of new cuisines helps travellers to recognize more about different societies and their ways of life.
7. Meeting new friends: We can meet with distinct people through travelling. Sometimes, some of them can turn into our friends which increases our social network. It will be always very interesting to have friends from different traditions in the time of travelling. Having friends is always very precious in our life, where travelling can offer us with this opportunity too.
8. Boosts your confidence: Travelling increases your self-confidence by improving your ability to interact with strangers, speak publicly, be more outgoing and generate more social networks. By travelling you are learning the key social skills and broadening your sense of community which are invaluable tools for everyday life.
9. Makes you independent: Travelling forces you to be more independent. As you make all of the decisions- decide what adventures to embark on and what activities to participate in; and you decide where and how to spend your money. All of these create a strong feeling of self-supporting essence inside you.
10. Broaden your horizons: Travelling widens the senses through new foods, sounds, smells and sights. It awakens our imagination as we realize just how much more is available past our backyards and city limits. Leaving the comfort of your everyday life can make you a more flexible and well rounded person. This is how it helps to broaden your horizons over the time.
11. Enhances creativity: Creativity opens the mind. We are able to gather huge ideas, innovative facts and advices through travelling. It assists us to be more creative and creativity leads us towards success and prosperity in life.
12. Helps in self-development: Through travel, our feet learn how to form their own paths and our heart begins to beat to a different rhythm. The more time we spend away from our familiar routine, the more we learn to embrace the unknown and abandon ourselves into the great vastness of the universe. This is the perfect fodder of travelling in finding yourself.
13. A great stress reliever: Actually, vacations are given to reduce stress by removing people from the activities and environments that they associate with trouble and anxiety. When people spend their vacations by travelling in different places, it gives them pleasant and enjoyable holidays those are just perfect in removing stress from their life and having a quality soul, with full of energy and strength.
Travelling fosters a medium to build human connections one with another by learning about culture, food, new sites, music and the way people live their day to day lives in different parts of the world. It’s the best on-site learning a person can get.
Travelling is the perfect entertainment for a person at any age. It helps people to form a better understanding of themselves, their beliefs and their lives. Overall, consequences of travelling is very much effective and significant in our busy, routine bound life. Travelling offers us with great refreshments and perfect spending of our vacations indeed. It is always true that everyone doesn’t have equal ability to spend money for entertainment. Still, we can do it according to our ability. We should give priority to our soul by keeping it alive in multiple ways. Travelling is one of them. It’s our life and it’s always our responsibility to make it worthy in every steps. Therefore, we should support our mind to move on by enliven it eventually.
I believe by reading this article, you would be able to know why traveling is necessary in our life within certain intervals, or at least whenever it is possible!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Benazir Marjan