Sleigh rides are a great outdoor activity for those cooler crisp days. Where I'm from we don't get much snow and I've never actually been on a sleigh ride. It's definitely on my bucket list. I conducted a little bit of research online looking for some nearby sleigh rides. I thought I'd share my findings with you. Be sure to call ahead before driving any distance as there are many factors that could cause them to not be operating the day you plan to attend.
Sleigh rides are very dependent upon the weather. Another factor could be the health of the horse(s) and the driver. They could also have a private party booked, etc. It's just best to check before you go.
You should also ask any questions you may have regarding the type of sleigh they have, the length of the journey, and whether you should bring blankets. Make sure you also know the price and if you have the correct form of payment. It's not likely that every mom and pop sleigh ride takes Visa and Mastercard.
As you go through the list below you'll find that many of the sleigh rides are held at tree farms. Many of the Christmas tree farms include sleigh rides because it's a natural fit. Imagine how much fun you and your family can have searching for that perfect Christmas tree
- Silveyville Pumpkin and Christmas Treefarm - 6208 Silveyville Road, Dixon, CA 95620. Phone: 707-678-2304. Fax: 707-678-5152. Email: email@example.com.
- San Martin Christmas Tree Farm & Pumpkin Patch - 13865 Monterey Road, San Martin, CA 95046. Phone: (408) 683-2368. Or Phone: 408-683-2055. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breckenridge Sleigh Rides - PO Box 8569, Breckenridge, Colorado 80424. Phone: 970-453-4405. Fax: 970-453-8991. Email: email@example.com.
- Nordic Sleigh Rides - Breckenridge, Colorado 80424. Phone: 970-453-2005.
- Two Below Zero - Breckenridge, Colorado 80424. Phone: (800) 571-MULE (6853) or (970) 453-1520.
- Dutch Iris Inn Bed and Breakfast - 239 Salmon Brook Street, Granby, CT 06035. Phone: (877) 280-0743 or (860) 844-0262. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flamig Farms - 7 Shingle Mill Road, West Simsbury, CT 06092. Phone: (860) 658-5070. Email: email@example.com.
- Black Iron Ventures, LLC - 214 Bear Swamp Road, Andover, CT 06232. Phone: 860-742-9080.
- Foxglove Farm - 318 Grassy Hill Road, Lyme, CT 06371. Phone: (860) 434-7302. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allegra Farm - East Haddam, CT Phone: 860-680-5149 or 860-537-8861.
- Cedar Knoll - 57 Kimball Road, Lisbon, CT 06351. Phone: 860-376-8110. Email: email@example.com.
- Loon Meadow Farm - PO Box 554, Norfolk, CT 06058. Phone (860) 542-6085. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Wood Acres Farm - 68 Griffin Road, Terryville, CT 06786. Phone: 860-583-8670. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whispering Pines Ranch and Carriage Company - 2030 Curryville Road, Chuluota, FL 32766. Phone: 407-365-1507. Email: email@example.com
- Kims Trees - N5864 Cty. Rd Z, Portage, HI 53930. Phone: 628-587-6796. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trail Creek Sleigh Rides - Sun Valley, ID 83353. Phone: 208-622-2135. Email: email@example.com.
- Forest View Farms - 16717 S Lockwood Ave, Tinley Park, IL 60477. Phone: 708-560-0306. Fax: 708-560-0236. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greattings Horse Farm - Waterloo, IL Phone: 618-458-9986.
- Stage Coach Trails Livery - 5656 Stagecoach Trail, Apple River, IL 61001. Phone: 815-594-2423.
- Saylor's End of the Trail - Walkerton, IN 46574. Phone: 574-586-7970. Fax. 574-586-2677. Email: email@example.com.
- Prairie Pines - 4055 North Tyler, Maize, KS, 67101. Phone: 316-722-1145 or 316-264-4662. Fax: 316-264-1960. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High View Farm - 48 Leander Harmon Road, Harrison, ME 04040. Phone: 207-595-1601. Email: email@example.com.
- Northern Heights Farm - 211 Rice Road , Waterford, ME 04088. Phone: 207-595-3377. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pleasant St Christmas Tree Farm - 187 Pleasant Street, Rehoboth, MA 02769. Phone: 508-252-6206. Email: email@example.com.
- Badger Evergreen - 1552 116th Avenue, Otsego, MI 49078. Phone: (269) 672-9515.
- Janke Trees - 2676 111th Avenue, Allegan, MI 49010. Phone: (269) 673-7367
- Leber Christmas Tree Farm - 2439 36th Street, Allegan, MI 49010. Phone: 616-673-3378. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pinecrest Christmas Tree Farm - 4403 Spring Creek Road, Galien, MI 49113. Phone: (269) 545-8125. Email: email@example.com.
- Butler Tree Farm & Campground - 21515 Crane Street, Dowagiac, MI 49047. Phone: (269) 782-4650, Email: info@ButlerTrees.com.
- Discount Tree Farms - Corner of Clark & Chandler Rds, Bath, MI 48808. Phone: (517) 676-8733
- Good’s Christmas Trees - 1144 W. Kalamo, Charlotte, MI 48813. Phone: (517) 543-7864. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Runyans’ Country Tree Farm - 10235 Webster Road, Clio, MI 48420. Phone: (810) 687-2476
- Austin Tree Farm - 2840 North Okemos Road, Okemos, MI 48864. Phone: (517) 351-7851. Email: email@example.com.
- Tannenbaum Farms - 2515 Sandhill Road, Mason, MI 48854. Phone: (517) 332-2094.
- Horrocks Nursery Farms, Inc. - 3355 Dildine Road, Ionia, MI 48846. Phone: (616) 527-0990. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gwinn’s Tree Farm - 4226 Farwell Lake Road, Horton, MI 49246. Phone: (517) 688-3230
- Badger Country Christmas Trees - 6800 Sprinkle Road, Portage, MI. Phone: (269) 217-6740.
- Hart Tree Farm - 8778 Young Avenue, Rockford, MI 49341. Phone: Res. (616) 874-7930, Bus. (616) 874-1804.
- Red Flannel Christmas Tree Farm - 507 Cedar Springs Avenue, Cedar Springs, MI 49319. Phone: (616) 696-7729.
- Blake Orchard & Cider Mill - 17985 Center Road, Armada, MI 48005. Phone: 586-784-5343.
- Opper Land Pines - 59500 Frost Road, New Haven, MI 48048. Phone: (586) 749-9888. Email: email@example.com.
- Santa’s Pride Tree Farm - 36 Mile Road, 2-½ miles W. of VanDyke (M-53), Romeo. Phone: (586) 752-5549.
- Rockin' R Ranch & Rodeo - 8805 Thirteen Mile Road, Bear Lake, MI 49614. Phone: (231) 864-3539. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matthes Evergreen Farm - 13416 Lulu Road, Ida, MI 48140. Phone: (734) 269-2668. Email: email@example.com.
- Bosch's Countryview Nursery, Inc. - 10785 84th Avenue, Allendale, MI 49401. Phone: (616) 892-4090
- Kluck Nursery Inc. - 1020 Van Wormer Road, Saginaw, MI 48609. Phone: (989) 781-1650.
- Krause Tree Farm - 2950 Applegate Road, Applegate, MI 48401. Phone: (810) 633-9935
- Western’s Tree Farm - 3375 French Line Road, Applegate, MI 48401. Phone: (810) 633-9411. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Centennial Pines Farms, Inc. - 2775 Bricker, MI 48027. (2 mi E. of Emmett on M21—1 mile S. on Bricker Rd). Phone: (810) 384-6662.
- Country Christmas Tree Farm & Gifts - 8122 Bricker Road, Greenwood, MI 48006. Phone: 810-387-9712. Email us at: email@example.com.
- Dunsmore Blue Spruce Tree Farm - 804 N. Mayer Road, Smiths Creek, MI 48074. Phone: (810) 367-6091.
- Mutch’s Hidden Pines Christmas Tree Farm - 303 West Newark Road, Lapeer, MI 48446. Phone: (810) 667-2711. Email: toomutch@iavbbs.
- Ruby Farms of Michigan - 6565 Imlay City Road, Ruby, MI 48049. Phone: (810) 324-2662. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arend Tree Farms #1 - 3512 Notten Road, Grass Lake, MI 49240. Phone: 734 475-7584
- Urquhart’s Tree Farm -230 S. Steinbach Road, Dexter, MI 48130. Phone: (734) 433-8733
- Rum River Tree Farm - 21050 Lake George Blvd. N. W., Anoka, MN. Phone: 763-753-4595. Email: email@example.com.
- Goldenman Christmas Trees - 11055 245th Avenue, Zimmerman, MN. Phone: 763-856-4304.
- Hampton Hills Tree Farm - Highway 56, Hampton, MN. Phone: 763-753-4595. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy Land Tree Farm, Inc. - 16706 Groningen Road, Sandstone, MN 55072. Phone: 800-860-7819. Fax: 320-245-5189. Email us at: email@example.com.
- Lazy Acres Plantation, LLC- 596 Lazy Acres Road, Chunky MS 39323 Phone: 601-655-8264, Fax 601-655-8263 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beartooth Wagon & Sleigh Rides - PO Box 63, Red Lodge, MT 59068. Phone: 406-446-2179 or 406-425-0152.
- Rainbow Carriage Services, Inc. - 651 Steel Bridge Road, Kalispell, MT 59901. Phone: 406-755-9801 or 406-257-3347.
- Borges Sleigh Rides - P.O. Box 5905, Stateline, Nevada 89449. Phone: (775) 588-2953 or (800)726-RIDE. Fax: (775) 588-7583. Email: Info@sleighride.com.
- Darby Field Inn and Restaurant - 185 Chase Hill, Albany, NH 03818. Phone: 603-447-2181. Reservations: 1-800-426-4147. Fax: 603-447-5726. Email: email@example.com.
- Bretton Woods Mountain Resort - Route 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03575. Phone: 603-278-3320.
- Franconia Inn - Easton Road, Franconia, NH 03580. Phone: 603-823-5542. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Toll Free 1-800-473-5299.
- Waterville Valley - 1 Ski Area Road, Waterville Valley, NH 03215. Phone: 603-236-8311.
- Windy Ridge Orchard and Christmas Tree Farm - 1775 Benton Road, North Haverhill, NH 03774. Phone: 603-787-6377. Email us at: email@example.com.
- Charmingfare Farm - 774 High St, Candia, NH 03034. Phone: 603-483-5623. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ragged View Farm - 111 Bradley Lake Road, Andover, NH 03216. Phone: 603-724-7511. Email: email@example.com.
- Hidden Hollow Farm -78 Depot Road, East Kingston, NH 03827. Phone: 603-642-8128. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ledgewood Belgian Farms - 216 Pleasant Street, Epping, NH 03042. Phone: 603-679-4373. Email: email@example.com.
- Point of View Farm - 160 South Road, Deerfield, NH 03037-1711. Tel: (603)463-7974. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Farm by the River - 2555 West Side Road, North Conway, NH 03860. Phone: 1-888-414-8353 Toll Free
- Nestlenook Farm Inn - Route 16, Jackson, NH 03846. Email: email@example.com.
- Stonewall Farm - 242 Chesterfield Road, Keene, NH 03431. Phone: 603-357-7278. Fax: 603-357-6018.
- Washburn’s Windy Hill Orchard - Route 123, Greenville NH 03048. Phone: 603-878-2101 or 603-878-2111. Fax: 878-3319
- Andrusz Carriage Service - 12067 Nice Road, Akron, NY 14001. Phone: 716-542-5767. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wrangler Farms - 102 Young Rider Lane, Grandy, NC 27939. Phone: 252 491-5090. Alternate Phone: 252 619-5745. Email: email@example.com.
- Windy Hill Tree Farm - 2435 Fisher Road, East Liverpool, OH 43920. Phone: 330-386-3917
- Ma & Pa's - 15161 Main Market Road (State Route 422), Troy Township, OH 44021. Phone: 440-548-5521. Fax: none. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brandywine Falls Adventure at Carriage Trade Farm - 8050 Brandywine Road, Northfield, Ohio, 44067. Phone: 330-467-9000
- Bee Tree Trail - P.O. Box 434, Shartlesville, Pa. 19554. Phone: 484-645-3411. Email: email@example.com.
- Tinsel Time Christmas Tree Farm - 18477 fm 1485, New Caney, TX 77357. Phone: 832-368-1103. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hardware Ranch 15 miles east of Hyrum, Utah, in Blacksmith Fork Canyon Phone (435) 753-6206
- Charlie Horse Sleigh And Carriage Rides – 4361 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672. Phone: 802-253-2215.
- Edson Hill Manor - Innsbruck Inn at Stowe, 4361 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672 Phone: 802-253-8582 Toll free: 800-225-8582.
- Stoweflake - Reservations taken at the Mountain Vacation Planners Desk at Innsbruck Inn at Stowe, 4361 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672 Phone: 802-253-8582 Toll free: 800-225-8582.
- Stowehof - Reservations are made at the Front Desk of Innsbruck Inn at Stowe, 4361 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672 Phone: 802-253-8582 Toll free: 800-225-8582.
- Mountain Valley Farm, LLC -1719 Common Road, Waitsfield, VT 05673. Phone: 802-496-9255. Email: Info@MountainValleyFarm.com.
- Adams Family Farm - 15 Higley Hill Road, Wilmington, VT 05363. Phone: 802-464-3762.
- Old Mine Ranch - 17504 Mine Road, Dumfries, VA 22025. Phone: 703-441-1382. Fax: 703-441-2473. Email: oldmineranch@aol,com.
- Leavenworth Sleigh Rides - 7935 East Leavenworth Road, Leavenworth, WA. Phone: 509-669-1518, (in season) For advance reservations call 1-800-497-3912, For same day or next day reservations call our sleigh phone at 1-509-669-1518. Email: email@example.com.
- Lowes Creek Tree Farm -S9475 Lowes Creek Road, Eleva WI 54738. Phone: 888-878-4166. Email: Christmas@lowescreektreefarm.com.
- Northwoods Sleigh & Carriage - 3100 Junction Road, Ashland, WI 54806. Phone: 715-682-4963. Alternate Phone: 715-292-2252. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sleigh Ride Adventures in Jackson Hole - Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Phone: 800-544-3582. Email: email@example.com.
More Christmas-Related Hubs by KCC Big Country
- Countdown to Christmas Calendar
Days 'til Christmas-The Christmas Countdown When do you start counting down the days until Christmas? As a child, we seem to start that process pretty early since we're anticipating Santa's arrival and a...
- Christmas Decorating with Outdoor LED Christmas Lights
I remember when I was a child, around mid November my mother would dig out her boxes of outdoor Christmas lights. She had strands and strands of colored strings of lights and yes, like most people, they...
- Buy a Christmas Card Holder for This Christmas!
Now is a great time to buy a Christmas card holder for Christmas! There are so many styles to choose from. Some of them are even free-standing! When I was growing up, we lived in a very small house and...
- Christmas Decorating with Christmas Wall Switch Covers
With Christmas just around the corner, many people begin to climb up into the attic Thanksgiving weekend and pull down all of the Christmas decorations. There's a decorating idea that many of you have...
- Best Christmas Lights in Texas for 2010
In Texas we seem to do everything in a big way. Christmas decorating is no exception. In 2009, I assembled a list of the best light displays I could find around Texas. I provided links to each one so that...
- Christmas Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Christmas stockings should be filled with things that make the recipient squeal with delight on Christmas morning. I appreciate "tradition" but I like creating my own traditions. Stockings were always hung...
- Christmas Shopping Safety
Christmas Shopping (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons) With Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us, Christmas shopping is in full gear. It's that time of year when everyone is involved in the hustle and is...
- An Organized Christmas Begins NOW
Did you know there are websites to help you plan and organize your Christmas holidays? Guess when the organized begin getting ready for Christmas? September 1st is when they recommend you begin getting...
- Baby's First Christmas Keepsake Ornament
If you, or someone you know has had a baby since Christmas 2008, then Christmas 2009 is going to be ultra special. Christmas 2009 will be Baby's First Christmas. Proud mothers and grandmothers create and...
- Tropical Christmas Ideas
Tropical Santa I've lived in Texas all my life so it's hard for me to imagine what it's like to experience a white Christmas. Someday, I hope to travel somewhere snowy for Christmas just to see what it's...
- Help for Getting into the Christmas Mood
Christmas Garland Christmas is nearing and we're beginning to see signs of it everywhere. City workers are draping greenery interwoven with big red bows and gold and silver ornaments around every lamppost...
- A Fun Christmas Holiday Scavenger Hunt
This house matches many of the items on the list, but try not to use the same house for multiple clues! The holidays are a great time to get out of the house and ride around looking at Christmas lights and...
- Childhood Christmas Memories
Christmas is always a time of reflection for me. I love reminiscing of past Christmases. It's a time when I think about all the things that make Christmas so special. Being an only child, I don't have fond...
DavidLivingston on December 02, 2010:
Very cute. I like this post.
KRC (author) from Central Texas on November 20, 2010:
Thanks, In The Doghouse! I have now added the two you've been to.
Thanks Laura. The reasons you gave are also a good reason to do this more than once because each ride will be different.
Laura on November 19, 2010:
Sleigh rides are more enjoyable. When going with friends and family, it is something more entertaining. Weather conditions, health of horses and driver decide the ride. Good to have such rides...
In The Doghouse from California on November 18, 2010:
Wow.. tons of great information. Make sure to add Utah to your list with Hardware Ranch, and Snowed Inn in Park City. I have done both of those rides and they are incredible.
Silva Hayes from Spicewood, Texas on October 27, 2010:
The amount of research you do amazes me! I would love to go on a sleigh ride but around here guess I'll have to settle for a hayride!
CASE1WORKER from UNITED KINGDOM on October 27, 2010:
now all you need is the snow- mind you its been a bit parky here!
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 26, 2010:
I know, Sagebrush_mama....I think that's why it interests me so much. Hayrides are fun though too. :) I've been on a horse-drawn carriage ride too. That was fun.
sagebrush_mama from The Shadow of Death Valley...Snow Covered Mountain Views Abound! on October 26, 2010:
Love this! Not much snow in our parts, so not much in the way of sleigh rides...hay rides, maybe!
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 26, 2010:
Thank you Denise. I hope to add more detail to this hub as I get the time. Maybe I can find more in your area.
Denise Handlon from North Carolina on October 26, 2010:
Kcc-what a great hub. Again, the title caught my eye and I was sucked in. I have gone sleigh riding and it is a blast. I am knocked over by the amount of research you put in this...a whole LIST state by state. You took the work out of it for us.
I used to live in MI and am surprised that they are the lead (or at least neck in neck w/ N.H.) in the tree farm/sleigh ride business. Lots to choose from.
Yes, by all means find a place and take a ride. You'll get a kick out of it.
BTW-I notice there is even a place listed for here in NC. :) Sweet.
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 25, 2010:
Thank you Travelespresso! It's been on my bucket list for a long time. I'm determined to do it one of these days. Figured I'd do the research to see where they are. If I'm curious about it, I figured others might be as well.
travelespresso from Somewhere in this exciting world. on October 25, 2010:
WOW - I didn't even know you could do such a thing. I like the sound of this and will definitely take a ride if I'm ever in a cold country during Christmas. Great research KCC.
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 22, 2010:
Thank you Bayoulady.....it's pretty much the same here in Texas. Tractor-drawn hayrides at that. LOL
bayoulady from Northern Louisiana,USA on October 22, 2010:
Wow! You put so much work into this! Awesome! Here in Louisiana, it's hayrides (and buggy ridesi n town) but still loads of fun.
prasetio30 from malang-indonesia on October 08, 2010:
Beautiful information from you, my friend. I love snow, but unfortunately I can't see the snow in my country. But I hope I can see this in person someday. Greta hub. Vote up.
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 06, 2010:
Put it on your bucket list, Eiddwen! It's been on my list for a few years and I plan on doing it! Thanks for stopping by. You take care too!
Eiddwen from Wales on October 06, 2010:
I have never done this before but it sounds brilliant. I don't know if I will ever get round to doing it but it doesn't stop me from daydreaming. Thank you so much for sharing. Take care KCC Big Country.
KRC (author) from Central Texas on October 05, 2010:
Thank you Granny's House! I hope you have one near you to enjoy this winter!
Granny's House from Older and Hopefully Wiser Time on October 05, 2010:
This was a fun hub. Great job