Bandakpur is known for Shiva's temple which is also called as Jageshwar Dham. Bandakpur is a small village in Damoh district which is located in Madhya Pradesh.
This temple has a huge Shiva Linga and right in front is the temple of Goddess Parvati. special beliefs of this temple have been associated with the festival of Mahashivaratri, on this day a large crowd of devotees has gathered to worshiping shiva and parvati also there is small temples of other god and goddesses situated in the premises like radha- krishana, durga and bhairava etc.
Some popular stories about this temple
- It is said that on the day of Mahashivaratri, flags in the temple of Shiva and Parvati are interwoven.
- Many people also say that this place has also been named the 13th Jyotirlinga.
- Shiva rested a few days at this place to escape the terrible demon named Bhasmasura.
- Some time ago a very bright light was seen above the Shiva temple during the day which was considered to be a miracle of Shiva.
- It is also said that Shiva Linga is increasing from time to time.
Journey to the bandakpur temple
Our journey starts from Katni district of Madhya Pradesh in Bandakpur, a distance of 100 km from Katni, in order to aspire to see the Bandakpur temple. If you go through Bandakpur temple, Katni, then you will also see the miraculous temple of Lord Hanuman on the way, which is located in a small village of Muhas. We had reached the city of Shiva in Bandakpur after a journey of one and a half hours.
Beautiful views of nature during the journey
After the journey was over, we rested for a while in the temple premises. After resting for a while, we proceeded to see Shiva and Parvati. Seeing the huge crowd of devotees, the desire to worship Lord Shiva increased in the mind.And finally after seeing all the Gods, the mind got a different peace.