Sample of a Philippine Passport
If you are a first-time applicant you need to prepare the following documents
- Confirmed appointment at a DFA office where you want to apply for a passport. You can make an appointment at this website https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment
- Accomplished application form
- Original birth certificate issued by the Philippines Statistics Authority
- A valid ID
You can present any of the identification cards mentioned below:
- Digitized SSS ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS E-card
- PRC ID
- IBP ID
- OWWA ID
- Digitized BIR ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- Voter’s ID
- Other acceptable picture IDs:
- Old College ID
- Alumni ID
- Old Employment IDs
5. Personal appearance. You need to come to the DFA office in person to apply for a passport.
Below is a list of Department of Foreign Affairs offices in the Philippines where you can apply for a Philippine passport
A few years ago, every Filipino who wants to apply for a Philippine passport has to go to the DFA main office in Roxas Boulevard.
You don't do that anymore.
You may apply for a passport nearest you. Excited? Okay here is a list of the satellite offices:
If you are in Metro Manila, here are the places where you can apply for a passport
- DFA Manila: 2nd Floor Aseana Power Station, Bradco Ave. cor Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. Aseana, Paranaque City
- DFA NCR West: SM City Manila - 5 Floor, Concepcion Aguila, Manila
- DFA NCR East: SM Megamall - 7th Floor, Bldg C. Mandaluyong City
- DFA NCR North: Robinson's Novaliches
- DFA NCR Northeast: Ali Mall - 2nd Level, Araneta Center, Cubao
- DFA NCR South: Metro Gaisano Department Store - 4th Level, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
If you live in the province, here are the names of malls and offices where you can apply for a passport
- Angeles, Pampanga - 3rd Floor Marquee Mall, Pulung Maragul, Angeles City, Pampanga
- Bacolod City, Negros Occidental - 3rd Level Robinson's Place, Barangay Mandalangan, Bacolod City
- Baguio City - Upper Basement SM City Baguio Upper, Luneta Hill, Baguio City
- Butuan City - 3rd Level Robinson's Place, J.C Aquino Ave., Butuan City
- Cagayan de Oro City - 3rd Floor Centrio Mall, Corrales cor Recto Sts. Barangay 24, Cagayan de Oro City
- Calasiao, Pangasinan - Level 2 Robinson's Place Pangasinan, San Miguel, Calasiao, Pangasinan
- Cebu city - 4th Floor Pacific Mall Metro Mandaue, UN Ave, cor MC Briones St. Barangay Estancia, Mandaue City
- Cotabato City - Annex 1 3d Floor Mall of Alnor Sinsuat Ave., Cotabato City
- Davao City- 3rd Floor SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd. Ecoland Subdivision, Barangay Matina, Davao City
- Dumaguete City - 2nd Floor Robinson's Place Barangay Calindagan, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
- Iloilo City- 3rd Floor Robinson's Place Iloilo Quezon Wing, Iloilo City
- San Fernando, La Union - 2nd Floor Manna Mall, Marcos Highway cor. Diversion Rd. Pagdaraoan City of San Fernando, La Union
- Legazpi, Albay - 3rd Floor Pacific Mall. F. Imperial St. cor. Circumferential Rd. Bgy. Capantawan Landco Business Park, Legazpi City
- Lipa City, Batangas - 2nd Floor Robinson's Place JP Laurel Highway, Mataas na Lupa, Lipa City
- Lucena City, Quezon Province - 3rd Floor Pacific Mall-Lucena M.L. Tagarao St. Bgy. III, Lucena City
- San Fernando, Pampanga - 2nd Level Robinson Starmills, City of San Fernando, Pampanga
- Puerto Princesa City, Palawan- 2nd Level Robinson's Place Palawan, National Highway, Bgy. San Manuel, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Tacloban City, Leyte - SMED Center Sen. Enage St., Tacloban City
- Tuguegarao City, Cagayan - Tuguegarao City Hall, Regional Government Center, Carig Sur, Tuguegarao City
- Zamboanga - 2nd & 3rd Floors Go-Velaso Bldg. Veterans Ave., Zamboanga City
If you want to renew your passport, you need to prepare the following documents
- Confirmed appointment. You need to make an appointment at the satellite or regional consular office where you intend to apply for a passport.
- Accomplished application form
- Expired passport. You have to photocopy the page that contains your photo and other personal information.
- Acceptable ID (at least one)
How much is a philippine passport?
If you apply at a satellite office in Manila:
Normal processing = P950 pesos. Processing time = 20 working days
Express processing (faster processing) = P1,250 = 10 working days
If you apply at a Regional Consular Office:
Normal processing = P950. Processing time = 30 working days
Express processing (faster processing) = P1,250 = 20 working days
If you apply on a Saturday, you will have to pay P1,200. You have no option to pay P950. I think that's their policy.
Senior citizens, pregnant women, persons with disability and children DO NOT NEED to make an appointment. They are called "walk-in" applicants.
People who DO NOT NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to apply for a passport are the following. Just go to any satellite office and bring all necessary documents.
- Senior citizens. You have to present your senior citizen's ID so you don't have to line up with the rest of the applicants.
- Pregnant women
- Persons with disability
- Children. Children have to come with either the mother or the father to apply for a passport. Any other relative will not be allowed to accompany the child unless the parents are out of the country. In which case, a Special Power of Attorney, and the parents' ID have to be presented for the child's application to be processed.
I went to the DFA satellite office in Alimall to renew my expired passport and I was done in less than 20 minutes because senior citizens are given special privilege.
Step 1. Go to the window that says "Step 1" to have your documents checked.
Step 2. Go to Window 7. Present your application form for assessment. You will be asked how much you want to pay. P950 for regular processing which would take 20 days or P1200 for faster processing which would take 10 days. You will be given an invoice indicating the amount you will pay.
Step 3. Proceed to the Cashier to make a payment.
Step 4. Proceed to the photographer's booth for picture-taking. Years ago, every passport applicant has to submit a passport-size picture to be attached to the passport. Now, you don't have to worry about having your picture taken at the studio or having to spend for your photo. DFA will take care of that.
Present your application form and receipt. Then you will be asked to look at the camera in front of you for your photo. You will be asked to make a thumb mark. You need to remove your earrings and eyeglasses if you have any.
Step 5. Proceed to the courier's booth. If you want your passport to be delivered to your residence, you need to pay P150.00. If you don't want to spend P150.00, you can pick up your passport at the very same office on the day indicated in your receipt. You may also have a duly authorized representative pick up your passport for you with a Special Power of Attorney. Without the SPA, the DFA will not release your passport to that representative.