Teedi is a college student who loves to test out creativity in different areas of writing.
In life, we always hear that it's great to sometimes kick back, relax and have fun. We also challenge ourselves to try something new, explore and do new things, meet new people... Whatever is new.
The Fun List
Bucket lists are one of those activities people do as part of all the fun and extreme things they would like to do before they kick the bucket. And from that I’m sure you get why they are called bucket lists.
Bucket lists basically are a collection of goals, dreams and aspiration that you would like to accomplish within your lifetime. It helps you keep track of your goals and to take steps to achieving them in order to have a full experience of life.
It's a fun way to put together all you want to do either alone or as a group. It doesn’t even have to be a before death list, you could do it on a holiday too.
That’s why they come in different categories all pertaining to what you write them based on.
These categories include:
Why Have A Bucket List?
Bucket lists are something we must have heard once or twice or even have ourselves. Some we are yet to start and some we have struck out already; either way, you're doing great
Having fun and trying something new without lists are also great but having a list makes it goal oriented and gives a happy feeling within as you have conquered one and anticipate the next.
The 2007 movie, The Bucket List starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson explains the joys of a bucket list pretty well. The duo play the roles of two terminally ill men with only six months to live, they make a bucket list comprising of all the things they haven’t done before and explore life in the process.
This movie was also the genesis of the term ‘bucket list’ as American and British screenwriter Justin Zackham coined it from his own list which he originally called ‘Justin’s list of things to do before I kick the bucket’. It occurred to him after a while that the notion of a ‘bucket list’ could itself be fodder for a film and so proceeded to write the screenplay.
How To Write Your Very Own Bucket List
Young or old, it gives you something to look forward to and enjoy. The crazier bucket list ideas the better I say. Making a bucket list should not be something you get so much pressure on, here’s a little guide on starting your very own bucket list
- Start with something easy. Always remember, no pressure so you can start up with places that always interested you or things that seem fun enough to try.
- Think about the things you have always wanted to try or what intrigued you as a kid. We all have childhood fantasies, well some can be found in reality and could be quite a good place to start.
- Ask yourself a variety of questions. They could really help your list pivot in the direction of your interests such as sports you’d like to try, events you want to attend, foods you’d like to try, classes you’ve thought of taking and so much more.
- Add some predictable and weird stuff. Get crazy and creative all within your list. Add up regular stuff like getting to your ideal weight and also crazy stuff like joining a clown circus.
- Think about the experience you want. Bucket lists are all about the experiences and feelings attached. So always go with what brings about those desired feelings.
- Move up what’s super important. After you have written you list, scan for your favorite or the ones that hold more weight and move them to the top of your list. The joy of seeing them all there could push you to achieve them
- Ask for suggestions from friends and family. Of course, most of the have travelled or done a lot of things, you could ask what they enjoyed and get some inspiration for your list
Ideas For Your Bucket List
Examples of things that should go on Bucket lists and some which are my personal favorite include:
- Go on a safari
- Ride a mechanical bull
- Watch a sunrise
- Kiss on a Ferris wheel
- See the northern lights
- Join a clown circus for a day
- Meet a celebrity
- Do a cosplay of your favorite movie character
- Attend a concert
- Go on a hot air balloon
- Go sky-diving
- See the Egyptian pyramids
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Ride an elephant
- Learn to surf
- Go to the Super Bowl
- Swim with dolphins
- Go backpacking across Europe
- Milk a cow
Does any sound like the Ultimate bucket list idea to you? Is it something you would like to do with friends? Or even as a couple? Yet to start a list? Well what are you waiting for? It's never too late.
The beauty of bucket lists are you can add to them whenever, no rules so you can work it how you want.
Try something new every day and break out of that comfort zone. The stories you get from these experiences might be your ticket to giving one of your speeches the wow factor tomorrow plus take a break; you need it no matter how busy. I’m sure this is something most of us need to hear
Go out there, work hard and have fun... A lot.
Tiéná (author) from Chikun on February 24, 2021:
Definitely Gina. Thanks for the feedback.
I read your article 'Before I kick the bucket part 2' and I must say it's quite an inspiring bucket list. I even got a few ideas to add up with my list...
Gina Welds from Tampa, Florida on February 24, 2021:
True. Bucket lists aren't just for when death is knocking at your door. It is a way to add fun into life. I have done some interesting things and checked them off my list....still working on a few.