10 Things to do in Williamsburg Unrelated to History
Yes everyone knows that the Williamsburg area is full of historic landmarks, museums, plantations, and civil war education, but did you know that the area has an abundance of other activities? Williamsburg is a great vacation for history enthusiasts everywhere, and it is also a vacation that can be filled with outdoor activities, adventures, and thrilling rides. Here are 10 things to do in Williamsburg that have nothing to do with history.
1. Busch Gardens - One of the top rated amusement parks located on all of the east coast, Busch Gardens offers visitors thrilling rides, great performances, and international shops and food. The roller coasters are fast and thrilling and the park makes updates and enhancements each and every year.
2. Golf - The Williamsburg area is home to 8 championship golf courses. The area is quickly becoming known to golf enthusiasts everywhere. Most of the courses offer beautiful surroundings and challenging courses.
3. Ripley’s Believe It or Not - Remember that show? You can now experience the adventures of Ripley’s Believe It or Not in a half day adventure.
4. Water Country USA - Your kids will love you for planning a trip to Water Country USA. There are a variety of slides, swimming pools and a wave pool. This park offers fun for the entire family.
5. Pirates Cove Adventure Golf - What is a summer vacation without mini golf? Kids of any age love to spend part of their vacation playing put put, and this course will not disappoint.
6. Go Karts Plus - For 20 years, Go Karts Plus has been entertaining families. The tracks are a blast and there are also bumper boats and cars for your enjoyment.
7. Williamsburg Outlet Mall - Of course you can not have a vacation without sprinkling a little shopping in there. The outlet malls in Williamsburg offer you a great value with over 75 stores.
8. Williamsburg Winery - The Williamsburg Winery offers a wide variety of wines and also features lunch and dinner from the Gabriel Archer Tavern.
9. Yankee Candle Company - You know those scented candles that you go crazy over? In Williamsburg you can visit the company and watch demonstrations of how the candles are made. Everyone in your group will love this activity.
10. Haunted Dinner Theatre - Williamsburg is known to be a haunted area, and they create excitement for you by offering a Haunted Dinner Theatre. You can take a ghost walk through the town that will offer you thrills and chills.
Williamsburg is full of education, history, fun and excitement. There are so many activities that are centered around the history of the area, but many don’t know of the abundance in adventure and excitement offered by the non history activities. When you visit Williamsburg, of course you need to experience the history, but when you have had all the history you can take, there are many other things you can do. Oh, and don’t forget about the huge selection of restaurants, pubs and bistros. You can find anything you want in the WIlliamsburg area.
New Guestbook Comments
fullofshoes on January 07, 2012:
very fun lens! I love amusement parks; will have to put this one on my bucket list.
goldenrulecomics from New Jersey on December 28, 2011:
great idea for a lens! We are hoping to visit Williamsburg next year and I bet we'll do some of these things now that we know about them. Thanks!
Barbara Radisavljevic from Paso Robles, CA on December 05, 2011:
About all we had time for was some history, and not much time for that. We had lunch and then my husband was too tired and crippled to do very much walking, so we didn't get past the bookstore in the Living History part of Williamsburg. We had no idea that rest of those attractions were there. We will remember if we ever get back there.
anonymous on November 26, 2011:
enjoyed your article today, squidliked it.