Very good news for the Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P and Sony Xperia Tab users; now you can update Sony Tablet S with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The Android tablets made by Sony are of very good quality. That is why these tablets are very popular around the world. The Sony Tablet S has two versions – the Wi-Fi only version and the 3G version. This tablet has a 9.4 inches screen with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution. The tab is powered by a dual core Tegra A9 processor assisted by 1 GB of RAM. There is also a ULP GPS GPU too. Overall, this tablet is very much capable of running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Sony Tablet P has a smaller 5.5 inches screen with a screen resolution of 1024 x 480. Lower resolution makes it more powerful than Sony Tablet S with similar hardware. Sony Xperia Tab is better than these two.
This updating will be done using a small program developed by XDA senior member Condi. It will update the Sony tablet automatically to Jelly Bean. It is just single click update. This is the simplest way of updating your Sony Tablet S with Android Jelly Bean. No, need to do copying or recovering anything.
What is the name of the next Android Version?
1) The tablet
2) It must be rooted.
3) A PC or Laptop.
4) Some free space in internal storage of the tablet
5) A USB cable
6) The updater tool.
List of Supported Tablets
1) Sony Tablet S Wi-Fi
2) Sony Tablet S 3G
3) Sony Tablet P Wi-Fi
4) Sony Tablet P 3G
1) This is not an official update. Therefore, it is expected that there might be some minor bugs. But regular updates and bug fixings are available.
2) If you are a complete novice in the world of Android rooting and updating don’t do this. You can do this update only if you can manage to get help from an expert or a known person.
3) Proceed at your own risk. This website or the author is not responsible for any damage or data loss during this updating process.
4) Backup important data for safety before the updating process.
5) Keep your tab at least 70% charged.
6) Never interrupt during the updating process.
The Sony Tablet Updater Tool
More Android ...
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Format or Hard Reset Guide
Learn how to format or hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Ace Android mobile phone.
- What is Wi-Fi Hotspot in Android Phones and Tablets?
If you are deaf and dumb enough to do not know what a mobile hotspot is then come to this my piece of junk hub to know how to configure it for your Android phone.
- Best Office Apps for Android 2012 - 2013
If you have an office app for your Android mobile then you shall be able to view and edit your documents while in the go. Here is a list with brief reviews and download links of the best office apps for Android for the year 2012-2013.
The Updating Process
Enable USB debugging from Settings menu. Go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
You need to have the Sony Tablet S update tool on your PC. Just click this link to download it.
For the updating you shall have to connect the Sony Tablet S with your PC or laptop. Use a USB cable for connecting the tablet.
Now open the updater tool. The name of the application is “S.onyTablet.S[FLASHER] v2.0”.
Select your tablet model from the list.
The update will begin automatically. Let the program run for some time.
After the completion of the update the tablet will be rebooted. Naturally, this time the booting will take longer time.
In this way you can update your Sony Tablet S or Sony Tablet P or Sony Xperia Tab to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This updating process is invented and regularly updated by XDA developer Condi, a fine developer from Poland.
You can visit Condi's thread from here. Feel free to donate a bit to Condi.
fab on November 11, 2014:
Do all guys writing technical articles just copy the content from one another ?
This is just copy/paste without any inquiry nor test.
It is not possible to put Jelly Bean on a Sony Tablet S (the first version, don't know for Xperia).
victor on October 14, 2013:
does it works??