Kevin Samin is a career coach with 5+ years of experience helping job seekers navigate the job search through one-to-one coaching, webinars
The Corn Maze
The Corn Maze - How To Make A Great Corn Maze
Are you looking for a fun and unique activity for your next party or event? If so, why not create a corn maze? Corn mazes are a great way to entertain guests of all ages and can be customized to fit any theme or budget.
Here are some tips on how to make a great corn maze:
- 1. Choose the right location: Look for a flat, open space that is at least 1 acre in size. The larger the space, the more intricate your maze can be.
- 2. Design your maze: Use paper and pencil (or software like Photoshop) to map out your maze design. Remember to leave enough room for paths between the rows of corn so that guests can navigate through the maze.
- 3. Plant the corn: Plant your corn seeds in straight rows following your maze design.Be sure to leave enough space between each seed so that the plants have room to grow.
- 4. Wait for the corn to grow: Depending on the type of corn you choose, it will take anywhere from 60-90 days for the plants to reach full maturity. Once they do, your maze is ready to use!
But how do you make sure you create a great corn maze?
Here are some tips:
- 1. Choose the right location. Look for a flat, open space with good drainage. You don't want your maze to be too wet or muddy!
- 2. Plan your design carefully. A good maze should have plenty of twists and turns to keep people challenged. But don't make it too difficult - you want people to be able to find their way out again!
- 3. Plant your corn in rows that are at least 4 feet apart. This will give you enough room to walk through the maze without trampling the plants.
- 4. As the corn grows, cut pathways through the stalks using a lawn mower or weed whacker.
© 2022 kevin samin