Alessio has reported security vulnerabilities to Google and Apple. He also has a past as a web developer and web server administrator.
The Benefits of Shopping on Google Play Store
Android is an open operating system allowing everyone to install apps even without going through the official Google Play Store.
Despite this, there are several reasons why you should keep purchasing your digital stuff through Google:
- You reduce the risk of getting viruses or other kinds of malware;
- You make sure you always get new updates for your apps;
- You associate your purchases to the same Google Account you use to access other services;
- You get universal support: even if you can't download apps through Google Play on an iPhone, you can still listen to YouTube Music and watch Google Play Movies on Apple, Microsoft, and even smart TV devices.
Google Play Purchasing Issues
Google Play is one of the best online marketplaces for purchasing Android apps, movies, and books. Still, sometimes you may experience issues when buying stuff there or in alternative stores, maybe because of some temporary disruptions that are common in every online service.
Purchasing Items on Google Play Without Receiving Them
One of the most common issues some users experience when purchasing something on Google Play is not receiving the content they have paid for.
This situation may happen because of a temporary issue with payment processing. Luckily, there's nothing to worry about: this issue is as common as easy to fix.
Below are the steps you need to follow to get the stuff you have purchased or your money back.
1. Check If Your Order Has Been Correctly Placed
When purchasing digital items on Google Play or other online marketplaces, it may happen that your order fails for some temporary bugs, even if the payment succeeds. To check if this is your case, you can follow these steps:
- Access your Google Play orders history or your Google Payments section (for the best check, you may look at both);
- See if your order appears correctly.
Your order has not been processed if your recent Google purchase doesn't appear or is marked as canceled.
In this case, there's nothing to worry about, as it is expected that your money will get automatically refunded. Keep in mind that this process can take a few days to a month, depending on the bank's timing.
2. Ask for a Refund
If you see the purchased item in your Google Play orders list but still can't access it, it means a temporary bug caused your money to get deducted and your order to be registered without unlocking the content.
In this case, you may be eligible for a refund so that you can proceed to purchase the digital item again as soon as your request gets approved and your money gets returned.
To ask for a refund, you can follow these steps:
- Access your Google Play orders history;
- Near the digital item you have purchased, click on "Request a refund";
- On the box that appears, select "I purchased it, but didn't receive it," write a short explanation of the issue, then submit the module;
- Wait for a decision from Google.
3. Submit a Ticket to a Google Play Specialist
In some situations, the steps above don't help you get your purchased content or money back. In this case, contacting Google Play support is the only thing left to do. In particular, you may consider reaching a Google Play specialist if:
- Your order was never finalized, and it has passed more than one month without getting your money back;
- Your order appears in your history, you tried to ask for a refund, but the request was automatically denied;
- Other anomalies prevent you from accessing the purchased stuff or getting a refund.
To contact a Google Play specialist, you should follow these passages:
- Visit the Google Play contact form;
- Try to explain your issue briefly in the first section;
- Click on "Other" if you have read all the suggested support pages and you still experience the problem;
- Select the Google Play section you need help with (for example, if you have purchased an app, select "Google Play Apps");
- Reread the eventually suggested support pages, then proceed once you are sure you have tried everything but still, you cannot access the purchased content;
- Select a contact option (usually, you can send an email, make a phone call, or open a live chat).
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2022 Alessio Ganci