By Profession, Internet Researcher and Search Engine Optimizer
YouTube, a video sharing service that allows you to watch, like, share and upload your own videos. People are now using this YouTube channel for various purposes like some peoples promote their business, some for earning money. So, if your channel gets more subscribers then you will earn more profit from your YouTube channel. But many of us do not know how to get more views on our YouTube videos. That is why YouTube Thumbnail has been introduced to us. YouTube Thumbnail is a tactic that helps viewers to see your videos quickly and instantly while they are browsing YouTube. It will then allow you to create eye-catching and better thumbnail images or clickable images and help you to get more viewers’ clicks. As these images can jump out at users that make your videos stand out and get views. Even these images also display on Google’s search engines.
In this guideline, we are going to elaborate on all the basics of YouTube Thumbnail that you need to learn about. This will help you to grab users’ attention easily.
What is the size of a YouTube Thumbnail?
We recommend your custom thumbnails:
- Be uploaded in image formats such as JPG, GIF, or PNG.
- Remain under the 2 MB limit.
- 1280 x 720 pixels with a minimum width of 640 pixels
- The ratio should be 16:9.
How to use or add YouTube Thumbnail?
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Videos which you want to change or add thumbnail.
- Select a video by clicking on its title or thumbnail.
- Under “Thumbnail”, select Custom thumbnail.
- Choose the file you’d like to use as your custom thumbnail.
- Select Save.
What are the Best YouTube Practices that You Can Follow?
If you want to get the best result, you must follow some best practices for your YouTube’s thumbnail. Here we are mentioning a few of them:
- Always take still images.
- Use the right colors.
- Make Your Thumbnail clean and organized by using white space or negative space.
- Make the title and other descriptive text extremely concise.
Common YouTube Thumbnail Mistakes that You Should Avoid:
While making your YouTube thumbnail, You must remember a few things. Check out the following -
- Do not use too much text
- The length of the text should not be too small
- Choose an image that is relevant to the subject
- Split test the different thumbnails
- Don’t Try to use Click Bait Thumbnails
Easy Guide for Making a YouTube Thumbnail Size:
With the help of some design elements, you could get a professional YouTube thumbnail look. There are many free online YouTube thumbnail makers that are available for you. To make your task easy, we are mentioning all the steps that you can follow step by step.
- Go to the internet and search for the free online YouTube thumbnail makers. These thumbnail makers are strong and allow you to customize and download your product for free. Hence, you do not need to provide your email address.
- Visit the sites and choose one that would be suitable for you.
- Select any of the thumbnail makers’ template or upload a photo from your computer. As per research, most of the cases, human face images to get more attention and like compared to other images as people can quickly relate to someone’s emotions.
- After uploading a picture the next step is to attach text, clipart or a background to the thumbnail. To make your thumbnail stand out, even more, you can add an attractive video’s title, photo, graphic or text. The more you will make your thumbnails bright, more clicks you will get.
- Finally, it's time to save your product. So, go to the top and click on the Save button. Make sure you save it to your computer as a JPG or PNG format. Do not forget to check the recommended resolution-1280 x 720 pixels.
Below Some Image Idea For Creating YouTube Thumbnail
Choose Your Own Change in YouTube Thumbnail
When you add any video YouTube automatically add suitable thumbnail for your thumbnail section but it’s not look good because YouTube take it from video part. It simply does not matter what type of image you are choosing, but maintain the consistency in their appearance.
All custom thumbnail images must follow YouTube Community Guidelines. If thumbnails show provocative content or image. May lead to the removal of your custom thumbnail privileges for 30 days and, ultimately, account termination.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
gmaer on February 18, 2020:
thank you for the information.