Patrick, a computer technician, is a dedicated writer who wishes to make the world better by informing individuals who seek more knowledge.
Working With the Insert Menu of Microsoft Office Excel 2003
The insert menu has useful commands that help us to insert several things into a worksheet.
- Cells – Use this command to insert cells you may have skipped or additional ones you want. Specify whether you want to shift cells right or down.
- Rows – this command helps you to insert a row. For instance, if you want to insert a row between rows 3 and 4, click on row 4 the go-to insert > rows.
The Insert Function Wizard of MS Excel
- Columns – use this command to insert columns into your worksheet. Using an example like the one above, if you want to insert a column between A and B, click on column B then go to insert columns. An empty column will be inserted.
- Worksheet – this is the command you use to add extra worksheets.
- Chart – this tool is for inserting charts that can be used for data presentation and analysis.
Inserting Symbols in Excel 2003
- Symbols – Use this command to insert symbols and special characters into your worksheet.
- Page break – this tool is for inserting a page break on your worksheet. This can be useful when defining pages before printing.
- Functions – Functions are predefined formulas that perform calculations by using specific values, called arguments, in a particular structure. This command is used to launch these formulas where you choose the one you intend to use.
Inserting Comments and Pictures in MS Excel
- Comment – use this command to insert a comment on your worksheet cells. These comments could be anything from something you want to remember to an elaborate formula explanation.
- Picture – this command is useful for inserting several items for instance clip arts, auto shapes, word art, and organization chart.
- Diagram – use this tool to insert the diagram type you want. This could be an organization chart that is used to show hierarchical relationships, cycle diagrams, radial diagram, pyramid, Venn diagram, and target diagram.
More useful tutorials
- Introduction To Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Microsoft Office Excel will help you to perform various calculations, produce graphs and analyze your data with ease. This free tutorial introduces you to Excel basics. It is a comprehensive and easy to use tutorial.
- Working with Microsoft Office Excel 2003, Things You Need To Know
This hub gives you some basic and important tips on working with Microsoft Excel 2003. Before you start using Excel, you ought to go through this tutorial so that you know how to manipulate your Excel worksheets
Inserting a Hyperlink
- Objects – this command can be used to insert objects like flash document, media clip, Microsoft Equations 3, Microsoft graph chart, video clip, calendar control, windows media player and many others.
- Hyperlink – a hyperlink is a link from a document that opens another page or file when you click it. Use this tool to link to a web page, picture, email address, a program or even another file.
How to Insert a Hyperlink
Click on where the link will appear. Go to insert a hyperlink, type the web address on the address area at the bottom of the dialogue box.
Alternatively, if you want to link to a file saved on your computer click on it by selecting it from the list provided.
You can type the text to display, this could be like the heading of the file being linked. Indicate the screen tip, this is the message that appears once you hover your mouse on top of the link.
Inserting Chart in Excel
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Patrick Kamau