Max holds a B.S. in mass communications from SIU, an M.A. in communications from U of I, and is pursuing an MBA from Webster University.
The DKnight MagicBox is a portable speaker that features Bluetooth 4.0 technology, 10-watt playback, and a built-in microphone. The speaker also gets roughly nine hours of audio playback on a single charge. Problems with the DKnight MagicBox speaker include power issues, pairing challenges, audio quality issues, and challenges with older technology. Troubleshoot these challenges to try handling them on your own before bringing in a professional for help.
- The battery life for playback on the DKnight MagicBox depends on the volume you use when you listen to audio through the speaker. If you listen to everything at the max volume, you will get roughly six hours of audio playback. However, if you listen to everything at the lowest volume level, you can get upwards of 12 hours of audio playback. Try lowering the volume level to see if this extends the battery life.
- If the problem is that the Bluetooth speaker won't turn on at all, ensure that the power is actually turned on. The Power switch is located on the side of the device, directly above where the Micro USB port is located.
- Finally, in the event that the life was left on by accident and the power drained, try charging the DKnight MagicBox to see if that resolves the issue.
- The DKnight MagicBox Bluetooth speaker can only be paired with one other device at a time. Additionally, it automatically pairs with the last device it was paired with. If you have a device that you've previously paired with the Bluetooth speaker, but isn't currently pairing, this is likely the issue. You'll need to unpair the previous device the DKnight MagicBox was currently paired with (that it's connecting to), and then try connecting to the Bluetooth speaker again.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on the device that you're attempting to connect to.
- If not other devices are currently connected to the DKnight MagicBox, try restarting the Bluetooth speaker to see if that resolves the issue.
Rate DKnight MagicBox
Device Doesn't Have Bluetooth
You may find that older devices that you want to connect to the DKnight MagicBox may not support Bluetooth technology. As a result, you'll have to get a Bluetooth USB adapter in order for the two devices to talk to each other. Bluetooth USB adapters can be found at most stores where electronics are sold, or online.
DKnight MagicBox II Review
- Position the audio source device and the DKnight MagicBox Bluetooth speaker within 15 feet of each other, and also guarantee that there are no obstacles between them. Distances greater than 15 feet and any obstacle standing between the two devices can cause audio playback problems through the Bluetooth speaker.
- If the audio source device is a smartphone, computer, or any other device that can be running multiple tasks, try closing other tasks that may be running, as those tasks could be affecting audio playback.
- Ensure that both the DKnight MagicBox and the audio source device have a decent charge level. At lower charge levels performance on many electronic devices can be compromised because they may be operating in a low power mode.
© 2016 Max Dalton