Max holds a B.S. in mass communications from SIU, an M.A. in communications from U of I, and is pursuing an MBA from Webster University.
The Anker SoundCore lineup of Bluetooth speakers are highly portable, have impressive battery life, and support a strong range for connecting to other Bluetooth devices. Common problems with Anker SoundCore speakers include pairing problems, audio issues, power problems, and more. This guide walks you through how to try working through those problems on your own before contacting someone else for help.
Can't Pair With SoundCore
- The easiest thing to do is make sure that Bluetooth functionality is enabled on the device you want to connect to the Anker SoundCore speaker. Refer to your device's manual if you're not sure how to locate the Bluetooth settings. Most devices will have Bluetooth turned off by default.
- Try moving the two devices within a closer proximity to each other. They should be as close as possible, but no greater than three feet from each other for pairing purposes. Also, make sure there are no devices between them that could prevent them from communicating.
- Try clearing previous Bluetooth pairings from the Anker SoundCore's memory to see if this resolves the issue. You can do this by pressing both the "Volume Down" and "Volume Up" buttons for roughly three seconds. Try pairing the Bluetooth speaker with your device again to see if this resolves the issue.
Phone Call Support
A fair amount of Bluetooth speakers offer some degree of support for sending and receiving phone calls. However, the Anker SoundCore does not offer a built-in microphone, so while you can make phone calls through your phone and hear audio through the speaker, you'll need to speak into your smart phone for the person on the other end to hear your response.
Power Button Doesn't Work
The likely cause the Power button not working is that you have a device connected through the 3.5mm audio input. This is not an issue but rather a design choice. You will need to disconnect the device before you can turn the Anker SoundCore Bluetooth speaker off.
Anker SoundCore Speaker Review
- The problem may not be with the SoundCore speaker, but rather with the device connected to it. Un-pair the two devices and try listening to the same audio file or audio source again to see if there are still issues.
- As long as there is a clear line of sight between the two devices, the SoundCore speaker and the connected device will be able to communicate up to roughly 30 feet. However, beyond that, connection issues can result in the audio that gets played through the speaker sounding choppy. Try moving the devices closer together to see if that fixes the problem.
- If the audio is turned up all the way on the Anker SoundCore speker and still sounds low, check the connected device and verify that the audio is turned up on it as well. You have to remember that having the volume down in either place will affect the final audio output level.
- Another cause of poor audio or connectivity issues can be a low charge on either the SoundCore speaker or the connected device. If either of the devices are indicating that the charge level is low, charge those devices back up before resuming using them to see if that resolves the issue.
© 2017 Max Dalton
Brian on October 28, 2020:
Same issue as Bobby below. The speaker would just stopped working out of the blue like straight up I'm listening to it and then it just shut off and won't turn back on literally weeks after I bought it
Bobby on September 04, 2020:
Nothing up there explains why the speaker would just stop working out of the blue like straight up I'm listening to it and then it just shut off and won't turn back on literally 2 weeks after I bout it and I can't take it back because of the carina virus
DLC on August 07, 2020:
I guess I should feel lucky, I got two months out of mine before that happened.
Michelle on June 01, 2020:
My anker will not shut off, and it will NOT connect either.
David Pickering on April 30, 2020:
My Soundcore has the annoying fault of Noise gate volume reduction. I have lots of tracks where there is no audio or very low volume. If I play through WIRED head phones directly from my Android phone or MacBook or Laptop there is NO click or problem. If I use the Soundcore 2 on Bluetooth there is no problem except for the other issues people report with Bluetooth connectivity on these Anker Soundcore, but if I use WIRED, there is a noise gate click. At first I blamed my MacBook but then found it didn't happen on Bluetooth.
Its a bit long in the tooth now and there are better models (The new Soundcore and the JBL charge) so I might just bin this Anker and buy better - its just annoying with that damn click!
Genesis Thompson on February 20, 2020:
My anker sound core mini shows a blinking blue light with out sound after a week of usage
andy coyle on October 19, 2019:
flashing blue light. no sound
Larry on July 01, 2019:
My soundcore select will not connect with my phone. I have been having it for 10 months with no problems until now. Blue light is flashing and it seems to be no fix in sight.
Steve on June 27, 2019:
A fair number of speakers not a fair amount
Walt on April 30, 2019:
Same as Frank. Charge it 12 hrs. Turn on plays for 10 sec. shuts down.
logan on April 19, 2019:
I have a ANKERbluetooth speker it got dropped in water and isnt working what can i do
Jan on March 04, 2019:
Same as Ruthie
It wont turn on. It was working fine a few minutes ago + it is loading and has enough battery..
Laurie on January 23, 2019:
I can't pair with my smart phone anymore and I can't stop the blue light from flashing, it never did this before, what does the flashing blue light mean?
Florence on December 10, 2018:
Unable to pair the Anker speaker with my Mac tablet. Settings says it is not connected but my son has had no problem with his smartphone. I had no problem before. Please help. Thank you.
Ruthie on October 06, 2018:
Power will not come on on the Bluetooth sits on charger all day never indicates full charge what's going on
Jason Isbell on September 30, 2018:
How do I get my soundcore sport xl out of display mode
Frank on September 25, 2018:
My device keeps shutting down.. (maybe after several seconds of play) I fire it up then it shuts down... continually.
What the heck is going on?
Seems to work fine other than that..
Thanks in advance
haile on September 15, 2018:
it is paired but dose not play anything from my laptop, other speakers work just fine but this one their is no sound. it dose work with my other laptop and with phone fine though. why wont it work with my main laptop?
Richard Lorenz on June 15, 2018:
I have the Anker soundcore bt speaker an since a few days i cannot put it on (probably the power button isnt working). What should I do?
David V. on May 07, 2018:
Have a sound core pro and it pairs but can't get any sound from speakers. Was working good one day turned off and next day could not get it to play sound.
Nancy on May 04, 2018:
I am on my third SoundCore Boost and it just broke. Each have had the same problem. The first one stopped emitting any sound and would not turn off the second day we had it. We returned that one for a new one and it worked for about 3 weeks and did the same thing. We returned that one and now, about 2 months later, the same thing is happening. We can not return this one to the store, they said if this happned again we would have to contact the manufacturer. Has anyone had this happen?
Leesa on April 28, 2018:
Thank you Rohith! Problem solved
Matt on April 07, 2018:
Thanks Rohith, that did the trick! Cheers.
Lamar on April 03, 2018:
My SoundCore Select keeps powering back on and it doesnt charge properly anymore. Its shows the white light indicating its fully charge but it doesnt last more than 4 hrs max. Its suppose to last 24hrs on full charge but now it keeps coming back on after i press the power button to power it off.
Peter on February 10, 2018:
Can't pair my soundcore 2 A3105 with my MAC. It asks for a passkey and have tried "0000" and "8888" but it still won't pair. I've exhausted all resources, need help.
Rohith on February 07, 2018:
Guys the real way to reconnect to your SoundCore if it won’t connect is to forget the device then restart the Soundcore.after that you have to turn it back on.after that go to your mobile device’s Bluetooth.turn it off and then turn it back on.now try connecting.your Soundcore should appear in the Bluetooth devices
patrick on December 22, 2017:
how can i reset it that all previously connected devices are removed
Rene’ on November 27, 2017:
Not getting sound from Anker speaker. Model A3102. This is the message I see when attempting to connect to Anker Soundcore sound—-“Connection unsuccessful. Make sure Anker Soundcore is turned on and in range”. iPhone is 5” away from speaker. Bluetooth is on. I see inside the speaker screen the “on” blue light. But the blue light is flashing. It usually is not flashing. Does the speaker just need to be recharged? Can this speaker be UNmuted?