You write every day. It can be in the form of a blog post, email, social media content, college essay, etc. You can express your personal and professional side through writing. You can establish authority and create your brand through writing.
And blogging is one of the best ways to create your online community.
But if you do not know how to write effectively, you will not be taken seriously by anyone.
So, let us discuss six powerful ways to write blog posts like a professional. You will be able to communicate with your audience in a better way.
Step #1: Choose Your Topic
You start your blog with enthusiasm and joy. After some time, it fades away.
Why does it happen?
It happens because you find it difficult to keep coming up with new topics.
So, let us discuss a few ways that will help you choose a topic that will keep your readers engaged:
Choose a topic you are passionate about: Choose a topic you love, to powerfully express your thoughts.
Choose a topic your readers are passionate about: Research the problems your audience is facing. Give the relevant answer to their queries to increase engagement.
Research about a topic you are curious about: Explore the topic you want to learn.
Take inspiration from other writers: Do not copy ideas. Look what your competitors are writing. You can write covering missing information in them.
Step #2: Narrow Down Your Topic
Now you have selected a topic to write about. But, avoid a broader approach. Be specific.
For example, if you select a broad niche, such as blogging, and try to cover all topics, you will get confused. Instead, you can write something specific, such as ’10 Best Niches for Blogging’.
Be selective in your approach. You can write about how-to article, list-based article, autobiography, essay, or tips based article.
Step #3: Organize Your Thoughts
Organize your thoughts before you begin writing. If you do not organize, then you will end up writing something else. You will write randomly and incoherently. If you write like this, no one will read or share your article.
Here are a few tips for writing better and faster:
- Do some quick research. See how other writers are presenting their ideas. Make notes of all the points, and see how you can innovatively convey the information.
- Decide what information you want to share with your readers. Maintain a focused approach.
- Create an outline. Create a structure for your posts, such as SEO friendly heading, summary, introduction, headings and subheadings, and conclusion. If you do not create an outline before you start writing, you will write a random article.
- While writing, only write. Do not edit or research. Once you have finished writing, you can fill in the gaps.
- Write in small batches. Also, you can write about headings first and the introduction later.
- Edit your work to make it coherent and readable.
- After editing, proofread your article for grammatical and spelling errors.
Step #4: Write a Strong Opening
Your opening paragraph is like a trailer for the rest of your article. So, create a positive impression at this stage only.
Here are a few things an opening paragraph does for your article:
- A concise, engaging, and well-written opening paragraph will give your readers a glimpse of your writing style and the quality of your work. An unclear, disorganized, or boring introduction will create a not so good first impression.
- It will hook your readers to stay and read the complete article.
- You can write an opening with an exciting question, a fascinating story, or an example. It will make your readers think about why your topic is important. It is a kind of offer for them to read and engage with your article in the form of comments.
Step #5: Establish an Emotional Connect with Your Readers
Infuse your style in your article. Do not write as if you are writing a research paper. Write in a simple, direct, natural, and conversational tone.
Use emotional language while writing. It means to make your readers feel the topic. The feeling can be of happiness, fear, sadness, hope, etc.
How to write with emotion?
Here are a few ways in which you can create an emotional bond with your readers. You can write about what:
- frightens you
- thrills you
- shocks you
- saddens you
- energizes you
- annoys you
- fills you with love
Write with honesty. The readers will trust you.
Step #6: Write a Strong Conclusion
A killer conclusion will create engagement and encourage your readers to share your post.
Here are a few ways in which you can end your post:
- End without wrapping up.
- Write a summary of the post with a closing thought.
- Create a skimmed bulleted list that might prompt your reader to read the complete article.
- Ask a compelling question. It will help you build a community around your blog.
- Ask to share on social media channels if they liked your article.
- Include social media follow links and email sign up form.
- Promote your products.
Now you know the secrets to write a killer blog post.
So, eliminate the clutter and wordiness from your article, and check for grammar and spelling mistakes.
Are you a blogger or a writer?
Do you have any other valuable tips to write a professional blog post?
If yes, then share your views in the comments below.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Preeti Shah
Preeti Shah (author) from Delhi on January 06, 2021:
I am glad that you found the information useful.
Amit Masih from Jaipur, India on January 06, 2021:
After reading this article, I can say that this is the need of the hour. Lots of values provided by you in this article.