I am a versatile and prolific writer with prowess, acumen and flair for writing.
Smart Contract Business Process Enablers For Blockchain
Smart Contract and BlockChain
A computer application, a crypto contract, or a smart contract automatically and directly reigns digital assets in transit among parties in specific scenarios. The operation of a conventional contract and an intelligent contract are the same in the sense that the contracts are enforced automatically. Intelligent contracts are essentially programs executed precisely according to their coding and programming set up by software developers. Similar to a conservative agreement that can be legally enforced, codes are the building blocks of a smart contract.
Nick Szabo, a cryptographer, and a legal scholar took cognizance of the fact or realized that decentralized ledgers must be applied to smart contracts. According to him, theoretically, it may be feasible to write these contracts in the form of code that could be replicated and stored on a system with supervision from the computer networks that the blockchain is comprised of. These intelligent contracts, possibly could aid and abet in the transfer of crypto-assets amongst the dealers in some scenarios.
How Do Intelligent Contracts Operate?
Typically an intelligent contract is simply a digital contract integrated with the blockchain security coding. It is equipped with permissions and details coding required a precise event sequence to occur accordingly triggering the stipulated terms of the intelligent contract. It may be inclusive of the time limitations or contract deadlines.
The blockchain is embedded or integrated with the smart contract and therefore it is decentralized, inexpensive, immutable, and transparent. The blockchain notes all smart contract addresses. The address of a smart contract enables interactions with the contract the presumption being there has been a network broadcast of the contract.
Variants of intelligent contracts were initially used by the bitcoin network for value transfer amongst individuals. A smart contract entails employing basic stipulations including ensuring that the value amount slated for transfer reflects in the account of the sender.
Later on, the new and emerging and far more powerful Ethereum platform programmers/developers were able to create bespoke contracts using Turing-complete language. In this context, it is worth mentioning at this point that Turing-incomplete language was used to write all bitcoin network contracts limiting the bitcoin network’s potential adoption of intelligent contracts.
The notion is as simple as the logic is driving the execution of smart contracts and it is known as the IF-THEN scenario:
- IF there is a send-receive of object A between two individuals, THEN there will be a transfer of the amount of cryptocurrency
- IF a sum of digital assets or cryptocurrency; Ethereum, bitcoin, for example, is transferred THEN object A will be up for a transfer
- IF the work is finished, THEN the mentioned digital assets of the smart contract would transfer to an individual
The WHEN limitation can be added to be including the intelligent contracts time element. It is easily noticeable that smart contracts aid and abet setting criteria to comply with the contract execution agreement’s terms. The THEN or IF condition to include in an intelligent contract is limitless.
- Faith: Since the intelligent contract is integrated with the blockchain, therefore it is safe and secure.
- Precision: A smart contract is as precise as the programmer’s coding. In other words, the precision of a smart contract depends on the extent of accuracy in the programmer’s coding to execute the contract.
- Speed: Software codes are used for the automation of tasks in smart contracts, resulting in saving time in navigating the maze of processes involving human interaction. Since coding is the key to the execution of a smart contract therefore once the time lag in coding is over triggers the execution of a smart contract.
- Copy: Each node of the blockchain keeps the common ledger, offering perhaps the top-notch backup service.
Sovereignty: There isn’t any third-party involvement. An individual creates the contract and shares it directly amongst parties without any involvement of intermediaries minimizing hassle granting full power to the parties to the contract. Furthermore, the intelligent contract is executed and maintained by a network of nodes, thereby eliminating hegemony.
Safe and secure: Cryptography can ensure that assets are secure and safe. Even if the encryption is broken, the sequential blocks after the hacked block have to be modified by the hacker. This task is extremely complex and requires intense calculations and therefore for an SME, it is not feasible.
- Savings: Intelligent contracts result in savings monetarily since they remove agents as a part of the procedure. Moreover, with zero to minimal paperwork, there is huge cost-cutting.
Solidity, Blockchain, and Smart Contract Course – Beginner to Expert Python Tutorial
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Avik Chakravorty