Want to hear candid views on products? You have come to the right place!
I was recommended the mobile app, StepSetGo, by a colleague of mine and I have been in love with this step tracker ever since. The app is available on the Android Play Store and the Apple App Store. It is a free app for anyone to download in India. All you need is a valid email id and phone number to register and create an account.
What makes this app different from other apps?
This app motivates you to walk every day. It gives you points in the form of SSG coins. For every 1000 steps, the app rewards you with 1 SSG coin. These coins can be then used to purchase things and deals, like iPhone XR, a Smart Fossil Watch among various others.
These coins can be redeemed at what is called the BAZAAR, which is also a part of the app itself.
The Levels in the App
There is a daily limit on the number of coins that you can be rewarded in a day depending on which level you are on. Currently, there are 5 levels in the app.
Below is a structure of how many points you can collect based on the level:
Level 1 - A maximum of 2 SSG coins
Level 2 - A maximum of 5 SSG coins
Level 3 - A maximum of 10 SSG coins
Level 4 - A maximum of 15 SSG coins
Level 5 - A maximum of 20 SSG coins
To upgrade to another level, one needs to reach the minimum limit of that level for 3 days in a row. For example, if I am at LEVEL 1, to upgrade, I need to walk a minimum of 2000 steps for 3 consecutive days to upgrade to LEVEL 2. Once I am on the next level, I could also get demoted to the previous level in case I do not reach a threshold number of steps of that level.
Once a person has completed the goal of steps for the day, they can even increase the limit of steps for the day by watching additional ads. They are constantly coming out with new features from time to time.
Other Ways to Earn SSG Coins in the App
Apart from walking you can earn more coins in the following ways:
- Inviting people – The app lets you invite your buddies to join the app. Every time your friend joins the app and completes 5000 steps, you get 10 coins. You can invite upto 100 friends and earn points.
- Daily Rewards – This section allows you to earn a total of 5 coins daily by watching ads. Every ad watched equals 1 coin, and so you can watch a maximum of 5 ads in a day. The ads renew at a gap of 15 minutes each.
- Challenges – You can also participate in goal-based challenges on the app. The challenges require you to complete a certain number of steps/kms/calories in a given span of time. Once the challenge is completed, you get rewarded for successfully completing the challenge. This option is available in the ARENA section of the app. These challenges are even personalized according to the user's activity, which is an added bonus.
Leaderboards & Friends' Activities
This feature allows you to compare your progress in the week with your friends who are added in your list or you follow. This is a great way to motivate you to do better.
You can also find your friends' activities on clicking on the 'Friends' tab and clicking on the 'Activity' page.
My View of the App
The app helps you set a goal in terms of rewards and deals and this motivates you to walk and stay fit. If you do not complete the threshold number of steps of that level, there is always a danger of getting demoted. This motivates you to go more, just to avoid getting demoted. You can also follow your friends, so as to see where you stand in terms of the number of steps covered in a week. New features are continuously added to the app from time to time, which further keeps a user engaged.
I would give the app a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages according to me:
- If you need motivation like me to walk, it does a great job at motivating a person. The risk of demoting and the advantage of upgrading to a higher level to get more points is a great way to motivate you to walk.
- Once, you reach the minimum coins required to purchase something, you can redeem the coins for an item or a deal.
- It has a good user interface.
- It is very easy to use and understand.
- You can further get motivated by adding friends on the app and compete with them to rank higher in terms of steps.
- If you walk outdoors, you can earn 1.25x times, which means one only needs to walk for 800 steps for 1 SSG coin. During lockdown, they reversed the order. Which means, walking indoors will earn you 1.25x times whereas walking outdoors will earn you 1x times.
- There is even a feature for battery optimization to reduce the load on the phone's battery.
- If you don’t have Internet connectivity, the steps are not registered and you will not be able to earn those coins.
Overall, I think one should definitely give it a try. This app has been motivating me to stay fit, to keep walking and tracking my activity to balance my steps. You get rewarded for walking with a bonus of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Click Here to Register on the App
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 PGupta0919
KnowYourThings on May 26, 2019:
The article helped me understand how to be motivated to be fit and make best use of the application.
Thanks for explaining each aspect so deeply. It is very helpful.