I love being able to help people out by giving them some advice on items I know a little bit about.
Great Features, Great Price
I bought the Samsung Chromebook Series 3 for a little under $200.00 at Walmart. Amazon sells them for around the same price, even cheaper if you buy a refurbished one. I was looking for a "small affordable" notebook that I could tote around with me. So once I spotted this Chromebook (fun-size electronic book of knowledge) I just couldn't pass up such a great deal. The Samsung Chromebook 3 is lightweight, portable and was exactly what I was looking for. It offers tons of other unique features as well, which is something that you wouldn't usually expect to get from such a small machine.
- It comes with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron N3050 processor that has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of EMMC storage, it actually runs pretty fast, I mean your internet speed will play a part in this as well.
- An integrated Graphics Coprocessor., which is a GPU built into the processor.
- It also has a spill proof keyboard, which comes in handy for clumsy people such as me. I mean, obviously you can't submerge your Chromebook into water. But you should be okay with a small spill here and there.
- It uses the Chrome OS, which is a pretty secure and easy to use.
- The battery life on this Chromebook can last up to 11 hours, but mine has been known to last up to as long as 12 hours or as few as 10 hours when I watch YouTube a lot.
- The screen is 11.6" which is just big enough for watching videos.
- Comes with a front-view camera, which can be used as a webcam I'm not going to lie the quality is just okay.
- It has 1 USB 2.0 Port and 1 USB 3.0 Port
- It weighs only 2.5 pounds, so it is pretty light.
- Offers a Max screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, so no grainy videos like you sometimes get on your phone or tablet.
- It also has a headphone jack and a place for a microSD card
- Automatic updates and cloud storage backup.
The list could go on and on. There are so many features.
- The Samsung Chromebook Series 3 runs super-fast, even faster than my regular computer.
- It is lightweight and thin, which makes it easy to carry around.
- The battery life on this Chromebook lasts an incredibly long time, I watched videos, browsed the internet and listened to music all at the same time and the battery was still over halfway charged.
- The screen has an HD Anti-Reflective display with imaging enhancer, so watching videos on it is a far cry from my old tablet. The quality is so clear and good, that it even beats watching videos on my regular computer.
- You can take pictures and do simple edits using your webcam, which is pretty convenient, you can chat and take pictures at the same time.
- It uses the Chrome OS so it comes with tons of apps you can get from both the web store and Google Play.
- Because it has both a headphone jack and USB Ports, you can use different types of headphones.
- The volume is pretty clear and loud, for something so small.
- Because it is kind of small, editing photos can be kind of hard. Well, at least professional editing; simple one click editing does not seem to pose much of a problem.
- It has a lot of storage for a Chromebook, but if you are wanting to download tons of movies and pictures your best bet would be to get a regular computer.
- Chromebooks are mainly for online usage because you have to be connected to the internet to use most of the apps.
- Not every accessory you use on your regular computer is compatible with Chrome OS.
None of these things have seemed to be too much of a problem for me but may for you if you are looking for something that runs exactly like your computer.
Similar Products to the Samsung Chromebook Series 3
Acer Chromebook Laptop
Intel Celeron processor, 16GB SSD, 2GB Ram, HDMI Port, 2 USB Ports, 11.6" HD Screen
Chrome OS, 16GB SSD, 4GB Ram, Intel Celeron processor, 13.3" screen, 1.6GHz CPU
Intel Celeron processor, 4GB Ram, 16GB SSD, Chrome OS, 14" screen, 1.8GHz CPU
Dell Chromebook 11
Touchscreen, Intel GPU, Chrome OS, 11.6" screen, 2.58 GHz, 4 GB Ram
I personally think the pros outweigh the cons. This is an awesome little Chromebook and offers a lot of different tools and accessories which I have found very helpful when doing my daily tasks online such as writing, checking emails, social networking, etc... This is a great product, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something that is handy and portable. This Chromebook would be great for students, bloggers, teachers and small business owners on the go.
The pros and cons I have written are my own personal opinions based off of the experience I have had using the Samsung Chromebook Series 3.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Jennifer Bates from West Palm Beach on November 26, 2018:
I just got a Chromebook and I love mine. It is quick and perfect for what I need. It is a very affordable device.
Dianna Mendez on February 19, 2017:
Not a bad deal for the price! I will consider this next time I am needing an update.