Tammy Winters is an online article writer and Website Designer. When she isn't making money online, she is a State Home-care Worker.
Twitter Follower with Envelope Icon!
How to tell if someone is following you back on Twitter
Twitter Followers following you back?
If you are a Twitter user like myself, you are probably wondering if the people you are following are actually following you back. This was a concern of mine a long time ago when I opened my Twitter account and started following other Twitter users. I wrote an article awhile back about this but Twitter has changed the way you tell if some one is following you back. So I decided to do some research and this is what I came up with.
Remember that you are welcome to follow anyone at Twitter no matter if they are following you back or not. I just like to keep my Twitter Following and Followers numbers around the same so I tend to un-follow those who are not following me.
This is what you do to see if your Twitter Followers are following you back.
- Login to Twitter. Go to your profile page. It will show under your photo how many followers you have and how many people are following you.
- Click on your Following list, not the number of followers but the number of people you are following.
- Click on the name of the person you are following on Twitter. Information and options will appear on the far right page.
- You will see an envelope icon to direct message the person on twitter if the person is following you back.
- If the person isn't following you back on Twitter, you will not see the envelope icon like in the image I supplied in this article.
- You now have a choice to keep following this person, or you can simply click and un-follow him/her.
As the years go by, your twitter page may look different. As of September 23rd 2020 the method is still the same but the envelope color has changed.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2011 Tammy Winters
LivingFood on November 07, 2011:
Thanks for the info! I was looking for a program to do that for me a while back, but couldn't find one. This really helps. :)
Tammy Winters (author) from Oregon on November 06, 2011:
Thanks prasetio30 for reading and commenting on this Hub....The more people you follow, the harder this is to do lol. I spent at least 2 hours yesterday unfollowing people who weren't following back.
prasetio30 from malang-indonesia on November 06, 2011:
Wow...this was a good news for me. I have never give attention to this and I learn something "new" about twitter. I should practice this soon. Thanks for writing and share with us. I'll bookmark this one. Rated up!