I am a Freelance Software Developer since last 8 years. I have worked with clients all over the globe.
- Open the "Disk Uitlity' app.
- Select disk
- Set partition format.
- Set partition size.
- Crea partition.
Visual Steps to Create Partition
Steps to follow
- Click Launchpad
- Click Utilities or Other
- Open "Disk Utility" app
- Select "Machintosh HD" in internal on right hand side.
- Click "Partition" button located at top.
- A popup will open with title such as "Apple File System Space Sharing". Click "Partition" button inside popup.
- Click the "Machintosh HD" in round shaped graph.
- Click "+" plus sign below the graph.
- Edit the "Name" under Partition Information.
- Select "Format" of new partition.
- Edit the "Size" and set it to a number you prefer to be the size new partition.
- Click "Apply" button.
- A popup window will appear for final confirmation. Click "Partition" button inside that popup.
- MacOS will start erasing any existing data and formatting the new partition. It will take a little time depending on the size you specified for new partition.
- A new partition will be created. I would suggest to restart the Macbook after last step.
- How to install Ubuntu on Macbook Pro ?
Simple steps to install ubuntu alongside MacOS on Macbook Pro.