This is an issue I faced recently. So, decided to write about it in case other people get stuck at the same.
Many of us have multiple Google accounts like Gmail accounts and YouTube accounts. We use them for different purposes. If you're using multiple Google accounts on your phone or tablet, you should know how to sign out properly. Here is a guide on how to sign out of a single Google account when using multiple accounts on a smartphone.
Table of contents
- What is the reason for using multiple accounts on a phone?
- How to sign out of one Google account when using multiple accounts on a phone?
- How to sign out of one Google account when using multiple accounts from pc?
What is the reason for using multiple accounts on a single phone?
Many people nowadays use an account for their business and also one for personal interests. You may have a work account and a casual/personal account, and you might want to sign in/out from either of them at any given time. You may even have multiple dedicated business accounts for different businesses. This is exactly the trend these days: flexibility! Having multiple accounts is very convenient, but what if you want to log out from one of your accounts? Well, don't worry because we will show you how.
How to sign out of one Google account when using multiple accounts on a phone?
Follow these steps on your smartphone to remove a logged in Google account:
- Go to your phone Settings (gear icon).
- Tap on the option that is labeled as "Accounts".
- Tap “Google”.
- Tap the account that you want to sign out of.
- Tap “MORE” (this step might not be needed depending on your phone).
- Tap "Remove account".
The account that you selected will now be removed from your phone and you will need to sign in again to get it back.
How to sign out of one Google account when using multiple accounts from pc?
If you don’t have your phone with you and you would like to sign out of an account on it, then you would have to do it remotely using your computer (from your web browser).
Here is a step-by-step guide for signing out of your account on a phone from your pc browser.
- Sign in to your Google account on your web browser using your email and password.
- Tap on your profile (top right corner).
- Tap “Manage your Google Account”.
- Go to “Security”.
- Scroll down to the section named “Your devices”.
- Click on the Device you want to sign out of.
- Now, choose the device again in the new screen that appears.
- Tap “Sign out”.
The account with which you signed in will now be signed out from your phone (or any other device that you selected). It might still be visible on your phone but you will have to log in again to authenticate for further use. This is how you can remotely log out of any of your google accounts from any of your devices. Note that for this to work, you will have to sign in from a separate device than the one you want to sign out of. For example, if you want to sign out from a phone, you cannot use that phone to do these steps. You will have to use some other device (like a computer) for logging in and then do these steps.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to sign out of a single Google account when using multiple accounts on a smartphone. Thank you for reading, we are always excited when one of our posts is able to provide useful information on a topic like this!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2021 Modern Guru