Patrick, a computer technician, is a dedicated writer who wishes to make the world better by informing individuals who seek more knowledge.
The Livebox Internet Gadget
Recharging Livebox Internet Gadget
Many people in Kenya, especially in Nairobi's CBD and its environs, depend on the Orange Livebox as a source of their Internet. It is also being used in homes. This is as a result of other options available to them being too costly to maintain or even thinking of venturing into them.
An Orange Livebox is an ADSL router available to customers of Orange's Broadband services in Kenya and other countries. You can follow these steps to recharge your orange Livebox using a prepaid card. Before you begin the process, check that you have the following with you: - Your top-up card, your user name, and password, Internet access.
1. Log in to the orange website or use this link:- http://www.telkom.co.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125&Itemid=145
2. Locate the orange ADSL portal link on your right-hand side and click on it.
Tip: Or you type this IP Address on the address bar to take you directly to your User Account - 184.108.40.206:8001
3. After clicking on the ADSL portal link, you are presented with a dialogue box to fill your user name and password. Fill in the correct details and click okay.
4. A page containing your account details opens. It consists of the following details:- Your Account Name at the top, User ID, Account Status, Product Type, Change Product, Current Account Balance, Balance from Previous Period, Time Balance, Volume Balance, Promotion Amount, Expiration Date.
5. On your left hand go to the option refill account and click on use prepaid card.
6. Enter your card number and click on continue, card password is not necessary. You will get a confirmation if the card has been accepted. Continue entering your card numbers depending on how much you are reloading for.
Purchase Package You Want
7. After you are done entering the card numbers, the next step is to purchase the package you use. Locate services link on the right-hand side. After clicking on services, click on available packages.
Choose Package You Want
8. A list of available packages will be displayed. You are going to use the right-hand side of the table to purchase the bundle you want. But remember to heed the warning, ‘when you purchase PAY AS YOU GO bundle if you have remaining MB balance then it will not be carried over.’ This means you have to wait for your previous bundle to end before buying another one. Any package you purchase is an unlimited bundle for a whole month. After one month of using or not using, it expires.
9. After purchasing you will get a message confirming if your transaction has been successful. You should also click on the home link and check the details like the status, expiry date etc.
Dear readers, this is now an obsolete technology. A new gadget called Flybox was introduced in the market. This gadget is wireless meaning it does not require a fixed Telkom landline. It has a Telkom Simcard inside.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2011 Patrick Kamau
Patrick Kamau (author) from Nairobi, Kenya on March 19, 2015:
JOSEPH you can contact Orange customer care for help.
JOSEPH on March 12, 2015:
If u forget the old password and you want to reset to a new one what do you do?.
Patrick Kamau (author) from Nairobi, Kenya on October 16, 2013:
shed kimeu, for this question will be tough for me to answer. You can check with the Orange people for more assistance. Thanks.
shed kimeu on October 16, 2013:
I have subscribed to the 1Mbps bundle option per month. what numbers do i expect to see in the ADSL CONNECTION STATUS of the live box for Downstream and Upstream. Currently I have 244 Kb (Intlv[LP0]) for downstream and 124 Kb (Intlv[LP0]) for upstream. I am in Mombasa, Kenya.
Patrick Kamau (author) from Nairobi, Kenya on October 22, 2011:
Yes, I agree with you, sometimes their connections speeds are very slow. Let us hope they will improve their services.
lucy patrick on October 22, 2011:
i think if i was to keep the cyber Orange is the last network i will select.
Patrick Kamau (author) from Nairobi, Kenya on September 13, 2011:
@ lucy patrick, thanks too for reading.
lucy patrick on September 13, 2011: