Whenever I am seeing any video on my smartphone with my niece, she keeps on holding it and almost every time she loves to tap on touch screen. Oh god! Will I able to see videos without interruptions? Magically without knowing she knows how to stop a video and play again on a touch screen phone. She is just one and half year old and knows how to operate a smartphone. Gosh, what a smart kid but we are smarter that’s why we are parents/uncle. You can install a child lock in your Android phone to restrict her touching activities. She/he won’t be able to stop your video or do other activities with the player. It’s a simple process and you don’t need an extra knowledge about how to apply child lock. Here I am talking about how to restrict her movement when playing a video but if you want her/his hand away from the smartphone then I will suggest you to lock your smartphone with the puzzle/pattern lock.
Before continuing to install the child lock, be sure you have MxPlayer installed in your smartphone if not then go to Google Play and search MxPlayer and install it.
Now I am going to show you how to install the child lock in your android phone. Here are the steps
- Go to Google play and search child plugin.
- It will show you searches like Kids lock (Plugin), kids place video player and etc.
- Install kids lock (plugin) in your smartphone.
- Child lock is a plugin for MxPlayer and now it’s turn to activate it on your smartphone.
Steps to choose Child lock in MxPlayer.
- Open MxPlayer and select a video.
- Now open the menu and there you will see display (Menu -> Display).
- Tap on display and then go for settings and in setting go for touch (Display -> Settings -> Touch).
- In touch you will see lock mode, tap on the lock mode and there you will see lock, kids lock and kids lock (+touch effects).
- Select kids lock (+touch effects).
Now you have your child lock plugin installed in your MxPlayer. While playing your video, you can see a lock icon in the play bar. Just tap on the lock icon and your player is locked from your kids/niece.
To operate the screen again you have to touch four corners of the screen in clockwise direction. You can start from any corner.
More over because of the lock plus touch effect, whenever your child or a small kid tap on the screen it will show colored figures of animals, geometry, star and etc., on the point where he/she touched. Developers made this lock more interactive and child friendly.
This plugin is really helpful even for you. It can restrict your own movements too while playing the video because sometimes we just accidentally stop or close the player while adjusting our self to watch the video or movie.
I am sure this plugin will help you a lot, at the end I am including a video tutorial so that it will be easy for you to install and use this plugin.
Jel on April 15, 2015:
Cool tip, thanks!
Your Lover (author) from Your Heart on March 16, 2013:
my pleasure. .
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on March 16, 2013:
Well-advised How to Enable Child Lock in Android (MxPlayer), thanks for this helpful hub