Alfred is a long-time teacher and computer enthusiast who works with and troubleshoots a wide range of computing devices.
A number of options are available to help bypass iCloud lock on your iPhone or iPad. The need for iCloud bypass may arise if you purchased an iDevice that is attached to an ID that is unknown to you, or you simply forgot the password.
Back in 2014, doulCi magic lines could be used to bypass iPhone Activation Lock. It is, however, a dead solution today.
To bypass iCloud lock today, you can use these options:
- The eMail Address Configured in the mail app.
- Apple ID reset.
- The previous owner.
- Apple Enterprise Support
- Third-party services.
By default, iCloud lock is active on your iPhone if Find My iPhone is enabled.
Once the lock is up and running,
- A thief should not be able to use stolen iPad or iPhone.
- You can use the iCloud website or other Apple device to remotely wipe out data in the stolen iPhone.
- You are able to send a message or tone remotely, alerting the person with your iDevice that it is misplaced or stolen.
The following illustrations explain how you can bypass the iCloud lock in your iPhone:
1. Use the e-Mail Address Configured in the Mail App to Bypass the iCloud Lock
If you have an iPhone whose Apple ID password is unknown to you but one whose Home screen you can still access, use the mail app to reset its ID.
Assuming the mail address is active and accessible via the mail app, simply ask to reset the ID.
To do this,
- Go to Settings, and tap iCloud.
- Tap on the email address attached to the Apple ID.
- You will be prompted to enter the password.
- Enter three wrong passwords.
- iPhone will prompt you to reset the password.
- Tap Reset Password.
- You will be the related AppleID email address.
- Click Next at the top right.
- You will be prompted to choose between email reset and answering of security questions.
- Choose Reset by Email.
- Password reset email will be sent to the email inbox.
- Go to the mail app and follow the link to reset the password.
- Tap Reset now and you will be shown a new window where you will enter a new password, twice.
- You will be alerted that your Apple ID password has been changed.
- If everything works according to plan, you should now have a new password with which to access the Apple ID account.
- You will have bypassed the iCloud lock!
- Then you can log out of the account and create a new one.
Remember this only works on the iPhone or iPad whose Apple ID account is active in the mail app. ONLY EMAIL APP, please!
Also of note is the illegality of using an email address you do not own. Only do this with permission from the owner, or if it is the only option.
2. Reset Apple ID and Password by Answering Security Questions
You can reset the Apple ID if you have forgotten only the password. The online reset procedure should be helpful.
Head over to iForgot Apple ID page and feed in your details to get started. The automated system will help you reset your password.
To do this,
- Follow the procedure illustrated above until when shown the email address.
- Instead of tapping Next, tap Forgot Apple ID? instead.
- You will be walked through the steps to recover either the forgotten/unknown email address or password.
The following are preconditions before you get started:
- Know the answers to the security questions.
- Have access to the email address associated with your ID.
If you still remember the password to the email address in question, simply ask to reset the password and you will receive an email prompting you to do the same. Very simple.
3. Use the Previous Owner to Bypass iCloud Lock
As an informed precaution, always check out the Activation Lock status of the iPhone or iPad you plan to purchase.
To find out its status, navigate to Settings>Generally>iCloud
Make sure no account is listed under iCloud, and that Find My iPhone mode is Off.
If an iPad or iPhone lists an email address, then it is still attached to someone else. Have it removed first.
If that person is next to you, use the email procedure illustrated at the beginning of the article, to log out of the present account, and create a new one for yourself.
You can also use the opportunity to erase iPhone settings to factory state.
To do this, navigate to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.
- He or she will be asked for the passcode and Apple ID password to do this.
If the person is away from you, he or she can log into the iCloud page and disassociate the device in your possession from their iCloud page.
You can as well do it using that person's Apple ID details, using the mail app or browser as illustrated at the beginning of this article.
- Inside the iCloud page, click or tap on All Devices and then the device in your possession. Make sure the device is offline. You can turn the Airplane Mode On under Settings.
- Below the listed Apple device, you will see the word Remove.
- Click on it to disassociate the iPad or iPhone.
If however you cannot get the device image to display, scroll through the All Device list and click the X symbol besides the device to be removed. (see image below) This should also disassociate the device from that person's iCloud account.
- iCloud will warn you that the device will be usable by another person in future.
- Click Remove to deactivate the Apple ID.
4. Contact Genius Bar or Enterprise Support
If you registered for an enterprise account, Apple Enterprise support and Genius Bar should be the first line of rescue if you have messed up your Apple ID.
Following the introduction of Activation Lock, Apple also launched Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Apple Configurator for enterprise support.
The DEP setup which permits centralized registration of all enterprise iPads and iPhones under Mobile Device Management is aimed at educational and similar institutions.
All iDevices are managed under an administrator who can remotely disable Activation lock if required.
When DEP is deployed on an iPhone, it will generate a special bypass code every time its user activates Find my iPhone.
This way, the administrator can bypass any assigned Apple ID and redeploy the iPhone to another user.
A scenario where a disgruntled employee or runaway pupil activates Apple ID, is handled under this arrangement.
5. Chronicunlocks Activation Lock Bypass
Chronicunlocks charges about $150 to help bypass iCloud lock on your iPad and iPhone.
Interestingly, they ask for the email address attached to your Apple ID and as illustrated above, you can use the same, to for iCloud lock bypass at home.
Why not do it at home?
© 2014 Alfred Amuno
Rumona on May 24, 2019:
Nice post thanks for sharing
Sakshi Jain from Jaipur on July 24, 2018:
Such a great information share by you. I do not have iPhone but yes one of my friend is having an iphone.
iPad Went Crazy on November 16, 2017:
My iPad went crazy, and it suddenly asked for the Apple ID and password. The thing is I forgot my apple id and I can't go to the home button or anywhere just to get away of this Activation Lock process. Please help me.
Brian on October 10, 2017:
hi,i'm Brian, i had my friend help me hack my ex's email, facebook, whatsapp,and his phone cause i suspected he was cheating. all he asked for was a his phone number. he's email is (firstname.lastname@example.org)..IF u need help tell him brian referred you to him and he'll help. Am sure his going to help you do it, good luck
Sysy from 900 E Hamilton Ave #100, Campbell on January 13, 2017:
Wow ! it's a great information for iPhone users. Thank you for reaching out your information with us. If you will get time please see my website https://www.ncplinc.com/ and recommendation how to make a great iPhone apps
Murthyraju on December 19, 2016:
Thanks for buying for iPhone
Net Solutions from India on December 06, 2016:
very informative article!!
Alfred Amuno (author) from Kampala on November 17, 2016:
Thanks for appreciating Dina
Dina Destreza from New York on November 15, 2016:
As an iPhone lover, i love this article.
Khalid Rhioui on October 09, 2016:
IcahAts from Indonesia on September 20, 2016:
Iphoe is the best really I like Iphone.
Akramul Haq Sagar from Chittagong on August 29, 2016:
Very useful article ... Thanks!
Blue Ocean21 on August 05, 2016:
Very Useful article.
Iyanu Victor from Ilorin on July 14, 2016:
ilax on July 12, 2016:
Server r offline?
abdallahmaher on July 04, 2016:
Md Nazrul Islam from Dhaka, Bangladesh on May 28, 2016:
patricia111 on March 24, 2016:
friends . Who lost your iPhone, there is a great website where guys looking device . If someone has to be here , to their website . In my opinion , they are very useful ..
iphonetrace.c o m .
People who have to ask for help
Alfred Amuno (author) from Kampala on May 29, 2015:
Sorry Ahamed and Marielle. It must be disappointing for you because all tricks to bypass the iCloud lockscreen have apparently stalled, at least for now. Read https://discover.hubpages.com/technology/The-Truth...
to keep updated on the latest info about this lock.
ahamed on May 29, 2015:
itz ask user name and password how can I give that my ipad is not working now coz last user can't give that password
jun on February 15, 2015:
yes it is working
Rileya82 on September 18, 2014:
Can this be done without doulci server down?? I been searching everywhere and everyone say server down...I did notice they have activation tool but there is limited direction
max on September 08, 2014:
work ok.. itunes ok. Up ipad no.
Alfred Amuno (author) from Kampala on August 01, 2014:
Yes Waqar. You can do whatever you want with the iPad after doulCi.
waqar on August 01, 2014:
hi can i factory restore erase data and setting in my ipad settings,once icloud lock is removed via doulci
mohamed ahmed from Giza, Egypt on July 31, 2014:
Alfred Amuno (author) from Kampala on July 30, 2014:
Thanks Sarah, hope the trick works for you.
Sarah Mcgraw on July 29, 2014:
Great help.. appreciated
Fin on July 29, 2014:
Thanks for the tip!