Patrick, a computer technician, is a dedicated writer who wishes to make the world better by informing individuals who seek more knowledge.
Why Epson Printers are Good for You
Epson Printers are very efficient especially those designed for photo printing. Epson printers have found a good market in Africa and especially here in Kenya.
Epson printers are designed to serve multi-purpose tasks. They fit in a variety of work areas such as home, office, or even business enterprises.
I have been using Epson printers for more than 10 years. These are some of the reasons why Epson printers are good for you.
Epson Label Printer
Some Features of Epson Printers
- High-quality pictures – with the right photo paper, you are guaranteed to get a nice, high-quality picture from any type of Epson printer you might use. Epson printers produce higher dots per inch; thus creating more realistic photo prints. The printers make use of the Smart Valve inkjet cartridge technology that creates a smaller dot that combines the colour into more precise images.
- Speed – most of the Epson printers are capable of printing photos pretty fast.
- Cost – their cost is almost average with that of their competitors thus they are affordable.
- Ink cartridges – this is one of the main reason people tend to love Epson printers. With the introduction of the Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS), you can refill the cartridges and you do not have to keep on buying cartridges.
Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS)
Continuous Ink Supply System CISS Ink system consists of three parts: cartridges which are the same as the original ones, ink tanks (4 or 6 depending on the printer type) and tubes.
The ink from tanks is fed into the cartridges through the tubes. In this way, you eliminate the need to buy original cartridges very often thus you end up saving your money and time.
Marketers claim that you can save up to 95% (20-30 times less) of printing costs using CISS, compared to the usage of original cartridges, which you have to keep on buying once they ran out of ink. For CISS, you just refill the tanks as you wish.
Features of Epson Printers
- Multiple-uses – most of the Epson printers are capable of performing several tasks ranging from normal printing, scanning, and photocopying to advanced tasks like printing Cds and DVDs and also the printing of plastic cards.
Computer support – this is one of the most important features of some of the Epson printers. You can print photos directly from the printer either through the use of a memory card or flash disk without the need for a computer.
This has led to the emergence of paparazzi in public functions like weddings and funerals. I also see them in other public places like church gates, amusement parks and beaches where they look for potential customers.
It is also now possible to get instant passports within a period of fewer than three minutes. This actually a 'hot' business in Nairobi.
- Availability – these printers are readily available in most shops.
- Easy to use – these printers being digital, are easy to use and operate. Any errors that occur during operation are displayed on the printer screen or the computer screen.
An Epson Workforce Printer
Epson Company at a Glance
Its official name is Seiko Epson Corporation founded on May 18, 1942. Its headquarters are in Japan, 3-3-5 Owa, Suwa, Nagano.
Some of the Epson products:
- All in one printer
- Label printers
- Disc producer
- Ink and paper
- Printers accessories among others.
DFX-9000 Impact Printer
In my workplace, I have been using an older model Epson Stylus Photo TX650. The printer has served me well for the time I have been using it.
Most of these old models are out of the market though I have seen many people looking for them.
They claim that they are better than the latest models. There is a booming business as people trade off their old models to those who desperately want them.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Patrick Kamau
Patrick Kamau (author) from Nairobi, Kenya on September 10, 2012:
I agree with you lucy p. Epson printers have made easier the lives of many entrepreneurs. It is easier to use and economical.
lucy p on September 10, 2012:
yes Epson is a good printer if you know how to use it