An excited visioner of the internet and digital marketing which will be the next-gen marketing technique compared to traditional style.
Digital marketing styles.
(please refer to part 1 of this article for understanding traditional marketing styles and their development)
- Social Media.
Marketing Products & Services on various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, 70% of marketers prefer these sites for brand awareness. Creating & promoting brand pages across platforms with regular posts and events.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Placing ads under widely preferred search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Startpage, Qwant. SEO techniques improve business websites and promote brand-associated content. They show Ads only to targeted, desired, and related to local customer behavior.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Marketing through digital services like Google AdWords, Facebook ads. You buy keywords, ad space related to business for a specific audience for a particular period. They charge according to the number of views or per click on ads as per service hired. 33% of seekers click on ad banners because ads responded to their search queries.
- Creating and promoting through videos.
Few eminent video platforms like YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, Twitch, Veoh, Daily Motion, and other popular sites where anyone can create and share their talent and build community. Once a handsome community gets built various brands vouch for such influencers, and video creators, to endorse their products & banners in the community. Like endorsing at the beginning of the video or under description with links directing to their webpage. It would limit community and influence to a specific niche, like health experts, hair stylers, cooking, and other trending entertaining topics.
- E-mail marketing through customer database.
This modus operandi practiced since the internet, with email campaigns launched to exchange the data later started promoting merchandise to explicitly collected people’s data. A single or set of emails shoots after every few days to selected people sending straight to their Mailbox with one click. For example, The E-commerce Amazon site constantly drops emails to their inboxes about the latest or related products searched on their website.
- Content marketing
Around 56% of salespersons believe in content-centered articles, blogs, videos, social pages, and similar tailored content collectively which develops brand image and connects with people. Specific content for likewise folks and explicit ad campaign for them, Period! Here content is the king.
- E-brochures and E-pamphlets.
Single or multi-page catalogs designed through digital technology apps like Photoshop, CorelDraw are a few extensively used by proficient, or veteran players but not novices if you care about your first impression. Sharing and promoting digital E-brochures limitlessly on social networking sites, emails, social apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, and similar.
- Graphic games.
Mobile games dominate by 90% here almost compared to computer games. Billboards appearing at the bottom, top, or middle of the game or any mobile apps with brand names and encouraging graphics. In-Game ads are getting popular among marketers as they forecast mobile users to grow to 7+ billion in the next few years.
- App creation concept.
When a thing becomes popular and gets tagged as a brand or franchise. Its branches grow into many areas like retail stores, merchandise, sponsorship, app development, and many other brand primitive concepts. For example, Marvel Studios movies on superheroes and The Walt Disney Studios are extremely popular and stalwarts in the industry. Disney+ app developed by Walt Disney is the next step taken for brand enlargement. Your own business customized app can offer a completely unique experience to your audiences.
- Sharing through apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, telegram, and other social apps.
Broadcasting daily to certain groups and followers on WhatsApp, Telegram, and Instagram particularly is free. Though paid promotions are also available for the fast-spreading of the word. Generating leads and interests among folks without spending a penny.
Influencers or ambassadors promoting products on their digital channel or profile through posts, videos, or sharing reviews. You might have seen actors, sportspersons, leaders, trendsetters, and other such popular people advertising businesses commercially on their social profiles are getting paid. They promote and drive traffic of their fan followers towards your line of work. This differs from ambassadors targeting and promoting on TV ads to general people, however, the target here is only the particular influencer’s social media fan followers. Their website, social profiles, followers, and community set the benchmark of audience and budget size for brand promotion.
Pros about digital marketing:
- It can market every product and service irrespective of location, promoting to any corner of this world.
- Villagers can conveniently buy and sell without traveling to the city or other state’s marketplaces through e-commerce sites.
- Can check views and reviews before finalizing the decision.
- Budget wise various marketing products are available for many promotions.
- Targeting and promoting against a specific set of interested people.
- Possible to track the ad performance and analyze entire the campaign.
- No middle man to connect you to influencers like actors, and sportspersons, where earlier you required a mediator to connect with them. Now social profiles, emails, and social handles are easily accessible to any popular person.
- Free lead generation to a certain extent by sharing posts and information on social media.
- Can market products and services digitally for free to a certain limit through Google business suite, Facebook group or page, social profiles, blogs, free video platforms.
- The Biggest benefit as a digital marketer should be to save paper, ink, and printing banners, saving trees which ultimately affect the environment.
- Not all information from unknown persons is true, the possibility of fraud is more with such unknown people or websites promoting products.
- Can’t guarantee the success rate of the ad campaign.
- The audience needs to verify the other side of the unfamiliar promoting company.
- They include malicious links in email marketing from unknown sources leading to phishing and data stealing.
Future trends of digital marketing
- Creating online stores through Google business suite, WhatsApp store, Facebook online store are some of the popularly known digital stores.
- Company & product listing on B2B, B2C platforms like IndiaMart, Alibaba, Amazon, Flipkart, and similar mediums.
- Generating leads and finding clients for every product and service with little effort for free and paid subscriptions.
- Selling cross-state and cross-country products with ease like delivering an electric scooter for $300 from the US to India.
- Digital ads based on cache and searched keywords, coming across advertisements familiar to your web searched history.
- Location-based targeted folks like promoting a designer cloth shop to nearby people looking for a similar type of custom cloth shop in their locality.
- Data science would help marketing digitally more intensively and accurately. Data analysts would play an important role in finalizing the exact keywords, location, and spectators.
- Digital business visiting cards getting inserted in the email.
- Email shoots of data-based collected from third-party portals and surveys.
- Marketing through mobile-based apps like banners, and websites.
- SEO and SEM-based advertising campaign for the near-perfect targeted community.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2021 Hiren V