I received my Master’s degree in chemical engineering from SU, USA. I worked as a writer and researcher for Fortune 500 company clients.
What is Digital Marketing.
Digital marketing is marketing or advertising a product over various platforms like social media, mobile applications, email, web applications, search engines, websites.
The platform is very useful for start-ups, upcoming individuals, and business professionals to showcase themselves and their products to a larger audience. It helps gain wide exposure and hence more customers and recognition. In today’s world digital marketing is really beneficial for common people wanting to sell/exchange their items.
Examples of such platforms are search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e-books, Digital marketing offline platforms mobile phones (SMS and MMS), call back, etc.
Understanding Various Platforms
Social media marketing is showcasing your product on various social media platforms. Today, there are so many platforms to choose from like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube. Each having its own features catering to different needs. Like businessmen are more active on Facebook and Twitter to market their products. Whereas, celebrities are active on Instagram to connect with people sharing their likes and lifestyle. Job seekers and companies use LinkedIn to display their educational profile and company information respectively. Artists use YouTube to display their creativity. Now a day many technology companies use YouTube videos to showcase the working of their product providing clear animation to the viewers.
The platform serves as a common place for any potential creativity. Because of this people are able to reach out to the world with their creativity. As a small example, today the YouTube artist have equal exposure as the film industry actors.
Social Media marketing strategies.
On social media one can now use various features to express themselves and let people feel more connected to you and your service/ product. It is a quick and easy way to share news and keep things up to date.
- Chatbots in social media help have immediate access to individual queries.
- Creating community in social media helps narrow down the specific interest.
- One can share the excitement of their product by live streaming. Sharing inspiring stories help people connect with the person behind the products.
- Researching about competitors and their activities help gain awareness. This can help one set their own social media targets.
- If you have been using social media for some time it’s good to examine the current efforts. Analyze what has been working, which audience has been connecting, and modify the existing data on social media accordingly.
- Narrow down the social media platform where customers are showing high responses. For example, you may get more responses on Facebook than on Instagram for your product.
- Post different content on different platforms since the audience for each platform is different. Accordingly, add in your contents on the platforms
- Keep in touch with the latest news related to similar products as yours and post your opinions on it to connect with your customers by creating a thread conversation.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Nikita Nandakumar Thattamprambil