A Complete List (database) Of Google Software, Products, Services. Plus, Google Secrets - Your One-Stop Google Stop.
Introduction: About Google
Google is much more than just a search engine: They are one of the biggest and most powerful companies in the world. From machine learning, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, to virtual reality, smart-phones, laptops. Smart-home devices, self-driving cars and much more, Google has its fingers in all the pies.
They're always experimenting, researching, and developing new software-hardware products and gadgets to help both big and small businesses grow and to make life easier for everyone globally. They are also making substantial contributions to fight global warming.
Google Name and History
American computer scientists and internet entrepreneurs Larry Page and Sergey Brin were at Stanford University in California US. They created a search engine called 'Back Rub' and needed a new name. After lots of thinking, they went with Google - a play on the word “googol,” the mathematical number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Note: This page will remove discontinued products, such as Google Answers', 'Google +', 'Google Buzz', 'Google Now, 'Google Shoelace', 'Google Talk' etc.
More 'about Google' below. Don't forget to bookmark and share!
Google's parent company Alphabet is never far from the top 5 most valuable companies in the world. Alphabet was prompted by a desire to make the core Google Internet services business "cleaner and more accountable" while allowing greater autonomy to group companies that operate in businesses other than Internet services.
Google Name. Information. Release/Launch Year.
- AdMob. Generate revenue from your mobile apps. Multiple formats to suit your app needs. 2006.
- AlphaGo Zero. A program designed by Google's DeepMind's artificial development division. Self-learning Artificial intelligence 2015.
- AdSense. Generate revenue from your blogs and website with the most popular and trusted revenue-generating program on the web. 2003.
- Adwords. Create ads and keywords. For websites and blogs. Advertise to an audience that is already interested in your product. 2000.
- AdWords Express. Get more customers with easy advertising. Set up your online ad in 15 minutes and let Google do the rest.
- Alerts. Specify a topic and receive email updates when news breaks on any news you want. Alerts automatically notify you when Google has anything new to offer. 2003.
- Analytics. A useful tool to help you learn even more about your website or blog visitors, and how they interact with your site. 2005.
- Analytics 360 Studio offers powerful and integrated marketing and makes it easy to create dynamic reports. 2015.
- Android Auto. Make apps appear on your phone screen or car display to control maps, navigation, calls, text messages, and music. For Android 9 or below, you will need the 'Android Auto app' on your phone. With Android 10, Android Auto is built in. 2015.
- Anonymous location data was created to allow governments and researchers to determine the effectiveness of lockdown protocols during the coronavirus - Covid-19 pandemic. 2020.
- Apps. (Google Play Store). Games, news, fitness & health apps. Apps for transport, video, entertainment, business, finance, social, sports, weather and many more.
- Arts And Culture. Explore up-close artefacts and artwork from over 1,000 museums from around the world. 2011.
- Assistant. Installed in various hardware devices. A virtual personal assistant that can engage in conversations with its voice-activated speaker. 2016.
- Audio Indexing. (GAudi). Widget for iGoogle which indexes politicians' audio at YouTube. 2008.
- Augmented Reality (AR) opens up new ways for your devices to be helpful by letting you experience digital content in the same way you experience the world. Search for things visually, simply by pointing your camera at them. 2015.
- Authenticator. Set up a '2-Step Verification code' for your devices for stronger security, by logging into your Google Account.
- Base. Google 'Merchant' Centre has replaced Google Base. 2006.
- BERT. (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers). Google’s latest search algorithm to better understand natural language and improve search results. 2019.
- Big Picture Group. Google explores how information visualisation can make complex data accessible, handy and fun. 2013.
- Blogger. Free web page/blog you can create with no PC skills. Used by amateurs and pros alike. Plus, free web hosting. 1999.
- Book Search. Search for the full text of books of all genres. World's Most comprehensive list. 2004.
- Brain. Deep-learning artificial intelligence research to make machines intelligent and Improve people's lives. 2010.
- Business Solutions. Attract new customers with your free Google listing. Show your opening hours, phone number, and directions on Google Search and Maps. 2014.
- Calendar. Organise your schedule and share events with friends. Keep track of all the events in your life, coordinate schedules with friends and family, and find new things to do. 2006.
- Camera. Software to make take great pictures on Nexus phones running Android 6.0 and above. 2014.
- Cardboard. A virtual reality fold-out cardboard viewer designed to be used with smart phones.2014.
- Careers. An opportunity to work with Google. From sales and services support. Engineering and technology and more.
- Chromebook. Google's laptop which runs Chrome OS. Very stable and fast. 2011.
- Chrome Browser. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer and easier. 2008.
- Chromecast. A small dongle style gadget that lets you enjoy online video, music and anything from the web. Plug it into any HDTV. 2014.
- Chrome Web Store. Google's online store for its Chrome web browser. Customise and Personalise Chrome on your desktop computer with extensions, themes and Apps.
- Classroom. Everything teachers and students need to work better, together. Classroom helps students and teachers organise assignments, boost collaboration, and foster better communication. 2014.
- Cloud Next ’20 is the most deployed on-premises file share and collaboration platform. Watch on-demand keynotes, sessions, demos, and more–wherever you are, whenever you want. Search by speakers, topics, or industries, then bookmark your favourites to build your all-digital schedule.
- Cloud Platform. Build and host applications and websites, store data, and analyse data on Google's scalable infrastructure. Future-proof Infrastructure. 2011.
- Code competitions. Google's Coding Competitions. Put your coding skills to the test. 2003.
- Contact Lens is a wireless chip and a miniaturised glucose sensor in lenses. It aims to assist people with diabetes by constantly measuring the glucose levels in their tears. Chip & antenna receives power and sends info. 2014.
- Crisis Map. To notify everyone about up n coming weather, hazards, and emergency preparedness. 2012.
- Crowdsource. Help Google get better by doing micro tasks.
- Custom Search. Create a customised search experience for your community. With Custom Search Engine, you can harness the power of Google to create a search engine tailored to your needs. 2006.
Calico LLC is an American research and development biotech company backed by Google with the goal of combating ageing and associated diseases, focusing on 'health, well-being, and longevity.
Carbon neutral since 2007. Carbon free by 2030
Google leads the way in innovative and advanced technology and business solutions. They work with research lab experts, engineers, computer programmers, designers, finance and business strategists, among a plethora of other professions.
- Dart is a programming language developed by Google as the language of the modern web app. 2011.
- Dashboard Widgets. Customise your dashboards and widgets for Mac OS X dashboard. 2006.
- Data Studios. Turn your data into informative reports and dashboards that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customisable. 2016.
- Daydream View. Travel anywhere and everywhere in virtual reality. VR headset required. 2016.
- DeepMind is the world leader in artificial intelligence, research and its application for positive impact. Behind both versions of Alpha Go and Alpha Go Zero. 2014.
- Dictionary. Online dictionary service of that can be accessed by using the 'define' operator in Google Search. 2010.
- Digital Garage. Online courses, designed for you to grow your career or business. Choose your course, register, and start learning today. 2015.
- Digital Skills provides products and training tools to help people find a job and grow their career from anywhere in the world. 2016.
- Docs. Create basic documents from scratch, including making bullet lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts and more. 2007.
- Doodle. Google redesigns its Google 'logo' to commemorate, celebrate or remember an occasion, person or special event. 1998.
- DoubleClick for Publishers. Make the most of your ads and grow revenue on all screens, with innovative ad formats that work in every sales channel.
- Drive. Access all your stuff wherever you are on the web, at home, or in the office and on the go. 2012.
- Duplex is a free service that uses artificial intelligence to call restaurants and make reservations. 2018.
- Earth. Google Earth combines Google search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings to put the world at your fingertips. Google Earth Pro is now free. 2001.
- Easter Eggs. Search for virtual Easter eggs hidden inside things such as a film, book, DVD, CD, computer program, video game or web page. 2000.
- Endangered Languages Project. Access and research endangered languages. 2012.
- Expeditions. Ideal for Schools and education. Explore in virtual reality anywhere. From coral reefs and the planet Mars to bring the environment to life. 2015.
- Family Link App. Ideal for parents who want to set digital ground rules for their children while they play, learn and search online. 2019.
- Feed Burner provides services for blogs and RSS feeds. Web-based tools. Extensive feed and blog advertising network to help publishers and pod casters to promote, deliver and monetise content on the Web. 2004.
- Fiber. Google's broadband & TV service. The USA only. 2010.
- Finance. Features business and enterprise headlines for many corporations. Includes financial decisions. News events. Stock information and interactive charts. 2006.
- Fit. Health and activity app. Get to a healthier and more active life with Google Fit! 2020.
- Flight. A flight aggregator and search tool, showing routes and fares offered by the majority of major airlines. 2011.
- Forms. Create online surveys and quizzes and send them to other people, then analyse the results. 2006.
- Google Fridge. A website enabling anyone to set up a lightweight, single-serving social network and organise their private online groups.
- Google Guice is an open-source software framework for the Java platform released by Google under the Apache Licence. It provides support for dependency injection using annotations to configure. 2018.
- Glass. Wearable headset/glasses with a view-able computer display. Controlled by a touch-pad built into the side of the device. 2013.
- Global Advertiser. Powerful marketing and translation tools to reach the billions of internet users.
- GMail. Free Email. Efficient and useful. Lots of storage, less spam, and mobile access. 2004.
- Groups. Online discussion, or over email. Create rich, custom pages. Customise looks and graphics. 2001.
- G Suite. Reach your colleagues wherever they are. Store files and find what you need, instantly. Everything you need to bring your project to life. Manage users, devices and data securely and easily. Use shared calendars to see when others are available. Schedule meetings with automatic email invitations and video conference. Work with colleagues wherever they are.
- Hang Outs. Hangout on air with. Share and record live group discussions on air to a global audience. 2013.
- Health. Puts you in charge of your health information. Organise your medical records from doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. 2008.
- Home. A hands-free smart speaker to control your home. Ask it any question and get answers for directions, recipes and reminders. Voice control your music and smart devices. Works with Chrome-cast, Nest. 2017.
- Home Mini. Hands-free help from Google Assistance. 2017.
- Home Hub. Hands-free Google assistance plus a display screen. 2018.
- Hummingbird was a search algorithm used by Google. 2013.
- Image Labeller is a feature of Google Search that allows you to label images to help improve the quality of Google's image search results. 2006.
- Images. Search for almost every image and photographs that are available on the web. 2001.
- Jamboard. Experience productivity, whether your team is in the same room. Sketch ideas, whiteboard-style, while benefiting from the access and connectivity of an interactive canvas, or across the world using the Jamboard app on mobile. 2017.
- Jobs. For websites and small businesses, Google's job postings from across the web to help job seekers easily find their next job and make job postings appear on Google search. 2017.
- Knowledge Graph is a knowledge base services to enhance its search engine's results with information gathered from a variety of sources. 2012.
- Lens: Google Lens (android) app lets you search and identify anything using your smartphone. Easily identify products, pants, animals, landmarks, restaurants.. 2017.
- LLC is an American multinational technology company that specialises in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising.
- Maps. Get directions, and search for local businesses and services. 2005. A new feature in Google Maps called "crowdedness predictions", which tells you how long your bus or train will be. 2005.
- Maps for mobile. Never get lost again. View maps, and get directions on your phone via GPS. 2019.
- Mars. View some of the most detailed maps of Mars created by NASA scientists. 2006.
- Meet. Premium video meetings. Invite guests to join an online video conference from their computer using any web browser or device. No software to install. 2017.
- Merchant Center. A tool that helps you upload your shop and product data to Google and make it available to Google Shopping and other Google services
- Mobile - Cell. Lots of useful apps for your Google Nexus and other Android devices.
- Moderator: Collaborative Q&As for group events to help keep discussions on track by allowing users to both suggest questions and vote on other questions. 2008.
- Moon. Similar to Google Earth. Instead, explore and take a tour of the moon. 2005.
- Moonshot. Technologies that aim to make the world a radically better place by creating radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s hardest problems, such as Waymo self-driving cars. 2010.
- My Activity. Find your search history, browsing history, and other activity that's saved to your Google Account.
Google helps the disabled, blind and deaf, and work continuously and relentlessly in developing new ways to treat cancers and diseases to make life easier, safer, and healthier for everyone, including those in 3rd World countries.
- Nest is a brand of Google LLC (Limited Liability Company) used to market smart home products including smart speakers, home hubs, smart displays, streaming devices, thermostats, smoke detectors, routers and security systems, smart doorbells, cameras and smart locks. 2010.
- Nest Cam. Indoor and outdoor cams with a built-in mic and speaker so that you can hear what’s going on and talk back using the Nest app. 2018.
- News. Now with an archive, search thousands of news stories. 2002.
- Newsstand. A digital store to download apps, games, TV shows, books and movies. For Android phone's, Nexus, and Nexus tablets. 2013.
- Google News. Help for journalists in the digital age to thrive, with Google's tools.
- Nexus. A line of consumer electronic devices that run the Android operating system. 2010.
- Ngram Viewer. Enter phrases into the Google Books Ngram viewer to display a graph showing how those phrases have occurred in a corpus of books over the selected years.
- Ocean Layer. Dive beneath the surface and explore the ocean with top marine experts. Discover new places including surf, dive and shipwrecks. 2010.
- Page Rank Checker. An algorithm used by google search to rank websites in their search engine results. Check the page rank of any websites or blog. 1998.
- Panda was a change to Google's "search results ranking algorithm". 2011.
- Pay (previously Wallet). A feature for mobiles. Make your phone your wallet to send and request money. 2011.
- Penguin launched this update to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results. 2012.
- Patent Search. A search engine designed to index all US patents and patent applications. 2006.
- Penguin is a code word that Google used when they decided to update their algorithms to stop websites that use illegitimate tactics to get highly ranked by search engines. 2012.
- Person Finder helps people reconnect with friends and loved ones in the aftermath of natural and humanitarian disasters. 2010.
- Pigeon is the code name given to one of Google's local search algorithm updates. 2014.
- Pixel. A line of smartphones. Smaller and thinner design than its predecessor. Unlimited online photo storage. 2017.
- Pixel Buds. Performs instant translations between many languages. 2018.
- Play Store. A wide selection of top films, music, books, apps & games to enjoy online & offline. Enjoy on multiple devices. 2012.
- Podcasts for Android iOS and window users. Discover and listen to the world’s podcasts. Subscribe for free and download episodes for offline playback. 2018.
- Podcast Manager. Get to know your audience and reach new listeners and see how your audience listens across devices like smart speakers, smartphones and desktops. 2020.
- Public Data Explorer. Search through databases from around the world, including the World Bank, OECD, Eurostat and the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Project Loon. Project Loon balloons travelling on the edge of space. Designed to give Internet access to people in rural, and remote areas worldwide. Announced as a Google project in 2013.
- Python Class. For people with little programming experience who want to learn Python. Includes written materials, lecture videos, and lots of code exercises. 2014.
- Quantum. An advanced computer Google used to achieve "quantum supremacy" for the first time, surpassing the performance of conventional devices. 2019.
- Question Hub (QH) tool mainly focuses on the unanswered questions on the internet. QH uses various search algorithms to collect unanswered web search queries for content creators. Only available in a few countries. 2019.
Google has affected most peoples lives in one way or another. In fact, the word, Google is officially a verb according to the Oxford dictionary.
- Recover Together. Resources for addiction recovery in the United States. 2019.
- Reverse Image Search. Find the original source of photographs and profile pictures. 2011.
- Robotics. Machine learning, via close collaborations between machine learning researchers and roboticists, to enable learning at scale on real and simulated robotic systems. 2019.
- Safe Search. A search engine designed for children to surf, view and explore the Internet safely. Plus, a Wikipedia for kids. 2009.
- Safety Centre. Due to a significant rise in online scams related to Covid‑19. Google has provided these tips to help you spot and avoid these scams to keep you safe online. 2020.
- Search Console Insights. Get help to improve your online content. Whether you're a blogger or a professional SEO, 'search content' offers you helpful insights on how your content is performing to improve it. 2021.
- Search Engine. Google's famous search engine. 1997.
- Secrets: Google secrets are interactive fun things and games to play: Type 'Atari Breakout' into Google Images, and you'll be able to play the classic Atari arcade. Type 'Google Gravity' in the search bar and click on I'm Feeling Lucky, then watch all the icons at the top of the site falling down. Type 'Google Pacman' in the search box to play the classic arcade game, PacMan. (See more in video below)
Fun Google Secrets
- Scholar. Search scholarly literature across many disciplines from academic publishers, professional societies, universities and other websites. Find relevant work across the world of scholarly research. 2004.
- Sheets. A spreadsheet program to create, edit and collaborate with others on spreadsheets from your Android phone or tablet with the Google Sheets app. 2006.
- Shopping. Search online for products, and compare prices. 2002.
- Shopping Ads. Get in front of people searching for products you sell, whether they're shopping at home or on the go.
- SketchUp. Premier 3D design software that makes 3D modelling with a simple to learn tool-set that empowers you to create a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, engineering, film and video game design.
- Slides. Create a new presentation and edit with others. Get stuff done with or without an internet connection. Edit PowerPoint files. Hundreds of fonts and themes. 2007.
- Socratic. The uses artificial intelligence to recommend relevant resources and tutorials to students. 2019.
- SOS Alerts. To inform us when a natural disaster or other crisis hits. 2017.
- Spoon. Designed especially for people with Parkinson's disease. Google's smart spoon lets you eat without spilling. 2014.
- Stadia. On-demand streaming service for video games. Streams to games via a TV, Chromecast, Android devices and PCs with Chrome browser. 2019.
- Static Maps. Create your map, and display it as an image in your apps and websites.
- Store. Shop for all kinds of goods and accessories.
- Street View is a feature of Google Maps and Google Earth that provides 360° panoramic street-level views to allow users to view cities and their surroundings. 2007. Including Google Street View underwater. 2014.
- Suggests. As you type into the search box, Google Suggest guesses what you're typing to offer suggestions in real-time. 2004.
- Surveys. Curious to know what people really think about things? Get answers fast with surveys. 2012.
- Symptom Card. Dr Google; a Google app to help search for your symptoms of various ailments. 2017.
- Tag Manager. Quickly and easily update tags and code snippets on your website or mobile app. For traffic analysis and marketing optimisation. 2012.
- Test My Site. Most sites lose half their visitors while loading. The free tool provided to assess the speed of your mobile site and provides recommendations to enhance your mobile site experience.
- Think With Google. Marketing research and digital trends tools with data reports, articles, guides and infographics. 2011.
- Tour Builder. Show people where you've visited and share your experiences along the way using Google Earth. Put your story on the map. 2013.
- Translate. Translate any text or documents to a language you can understand. Includes docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, and xlsx. 2006.
- Translate for Mobile. Hover your mobile device over text for a live translation that can help you read signs and menus. 2017.
- Translate For Animals. An app to help animals and humans communicate with each other. 2010.
- Trends. Enter up to five topics and see how often they've been searched. How frequently the topics have appeared in Google News stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them the most. 2006.
In 1998, Larry Page and Sergey Brin rented a garage from a friend, American technology executive, Susan Wojcicki. They worked for a number of months and developed what would be known as Google. Wojcicki was named one of Time's 100 most influential people in 2015. She also worked on the first Google Doodles.
- Universal App Campaigns. Universal App Campaigns help you promote your iOS or Android app to billions of users across Google, all from one campaign. Let Google’s machine learning help you find the best users and make the most of your budget.
- Video. A telephony service that provides call forwarding and voice-mail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google account customers. 2005.
- Voice. Stay in touch from any screen. A free number for life. Use your free number to text, call, and check voice-mail all from one app. 2009.
- Voice Access. For people with mobility problems. Helps manage and control devices using just your voice. 2018.
- Where Is My Train? India only is a train app that displays live train status and up-to-date schedules. The app can function offline without the need for the Internet or GPS. 2019.
- Web Search. A specialist search tool to help you search the billions of web documents at AAAI. (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence) 1997.
- Webmaster Tools helps webmasters and bloggers with detailed information about your website or blog and offers tips to improve your search engine ranking. 2006.
- Wi-Fi is an enhancer that works alongside your home router and Internet provider to bring you reliable coverage. 2014.
- Wonder Wheel A graphical representation of related search terms that can help you explore your search subject and topic. Discover keywords for niche topics and categories. 2012.
- X. Google X is an American research and development facility founded by Google in January 2010.
- YouTube. View some of the best videos on the web with the biggest and best collection of videos. Submit your own videos. 2005.
- YouTube Ads. Reach potential customers when they watch or search for videos on YouTube – and only pay when they show interest.
- ZOO. Google’s elite business solutions unit, creating innovations for the tech giant's major clients, 'think tank 'for brands and agencies. Its mission is to push the limits of creativity thanks to Google's platforms and technologies
Google's Building Complex In Mountain View, California
Google’s mission. "To organise the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful for everyone".
Video: An Inside Look - Working at Google
- Googleability. A term usually applied to private individuals rather than a company. Meaning how easy it is to trace someone.
- Google Bomb: This term means to manipulate search results by exploiting the way Google counts links to misrepresent the popularity and relevance of a site.
- Google Bot is the software used by Google to collect data from the web to help Google's search engine index appropriate pages.
- Googleganger is when you Google your name, and you come across people who share your name.
- Doppelgänger is a non-biologically related look-alike or double of a living person.
- Google Juice. To link one site from lots of others to ensure that the linked web page appears near the top of any search on a relevant subject.
- Google Universe and Googleverse refer to Google's world of everything Google.
- Google Whack. Is when you enter a phrase to search which results in one result.
- UnGoogleable. This is quite rare when someone or something just cannot be searched for via the World Wide Web.
Google - Year in Search - 2020
More by this author
How Can I See My House LIVE - On The Internet? Easy! Nothing to do with Google Earth, yet very possible to see your home - Live Online!
© 2007 Tony Sky
What's Your Favourite Google Products?
Anoki Sultan on July 18, 2018:
Online internet explorer 9