Database of browsers for all operating systems and devices. Plus, tips to make your browser more secure and faster.
There are so many browsers on the market today with newer ones popping up all the time. Within this database, you'll be amazed at how many alternative browsers there are and how advanced they've become, and why installing/trying a new browser can be very beneficial.
They include browsers for all devices, operating systems and ages. Take them for a ride and see how they perform. You can install and use as many browsers simultaneously as you like. Change your browser and experience faster speeds, improved security, better performances, newer features, anonymity, sleeker designs and more.
Why Would I Need Another Browser?
Everyone has different ideas when it comes to browsers needs such as, how much system resources it uses up compared to your existing browser - the speed, durability, the extensions, plug-ins, add-ons, or the number of skins it may have. Is it possible to import bookmarks from an existing browser. Is it user-friendly? How easy is it to customise? The anonymity feature and the extra security tools some browsers have will all contribute to why people should be very particular in the browser they choose.
If you want to experiment and modify a browser then choose another browser to experiment with. Inspect every element of a browser from the settings. Right click in various places of the browser including the various tool-bar tabs to see the choices to easily customise it.
So, forget spending hours or days trying to fix, or configure a browser, trying to make it more suitable for your personal needs, because a simple change of a browser can help resolve many browser issues such as the problem with viewing and streaming videos, and a browser that won't keep crashing.
Search for Browsers by Operating System
Browsers ideal for very young children and the senior generation at the bottom of page.
Browser. Compatibility. Information. Release date.
- 1st Browser. W - M. Fully customisable browser with thousands of icons and colourful designs to choose from.
- AirBrowser. A - iOS Desktop browser for your Apple TV. 2013.
- Amaya Browser. M - W. Open source. Browse and edit the web easily. Create and update documents to web-pages. 2012.
- Avant Browser. W. A browser with low memory usage yet packed with useful tools, accelerators and very secure. 2004.
- Baidu Browser. A - W. Lightweight and customisable. Account syncing, mouse gestures and lots of useful tools. 2011.
- Beaker Browser. A. L. W. Free and open-source web browser currently in development by Blue Link Labs. Deploy a website from your computer; no server required.
- Bitty Browser. W. Easy customisation tools to keep track of your favourite sites.
- Boat Browser Mini. iOS. Lightweight browser with a simple user-face. Packed with useful features. Incognito mode and fully customisable. 2012.
- Brave Browser. A - iOS - L - M - W. Browse the web faster. Automatically blocks ads and trackers that violate your privacy. Donate to content producers that you like anonymously. 2017.
- BriskBard Browser. W. E-mail client. FTP client. Media player. Newsreader and IRC client. Browse securely with triple protection. 2016.
- Browsix Browser. Un. A Unix-like operating system in your web browser. It allows unmodified programs expecting a Unix-like environment to run directly in the browser.
- Browse 3D browser. W. Simple, nippy and very visual. View multiple pages at once. 2005.
- Citrio Browser. W. Smooth, fast and lightweight. Includes a download/torrent manager. 2014.
- Comodo IceDragon Browser. W. Fast, easy to use. Lightweight. Built on the Firefox Core. 2017.
- Dolphin Browser. A - iOS. HTML5 video player, Ad-blocker, tab bar, incognito browsing and flash player.
- Dragon Browser. W. Based on Chromium. Good security and privacy features. Fully compatible with Firefox plug-ins. 2017.
- Elinks Browser. L. A text-based console - for Unix like OS. Auto-blocks all flash, Java and images for faster page loading. Highly customisable. 2009.
- Epic Browser. W. Incognito mode. Packed with security and privacy features. Network privacy with free Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities. 2010.
- Firefox Browser. A - iOS - L - M - W. Easy to use. Useful tools and a multitude of extensions. Private browsing with tacking protection. 2002.
- Google Chrome Browser. A - L - M - Ub - W. Simple and secure browser with new and improved tools and features. 2008.
- GhostBrowser. M - W. Ghost proxy control. Securely manages all your multiple on-line account identities with ease. Import your Chrome extensions. 2017.
- Ghostery. A - iOS. Browse the web safer with privacy and faster page loading. 2017.
- Green Browser. W. Easy to use. Useful AD filter, mouse gestures, auto-fills forms, and many useful plugins. 2016.
- iCab Browser. M. Many useful tools. A non-free version and a limited use of their free version are available. 1998.
- InBrowser. A. Incognito private browsing mode. Auto-deletes history, cookies after every session. Auto-erases data when exiting sites.
- Internet Explorer 11 Browser. W. Check compatibility - will not run on all systems. 2013.
Browser Speed-up Tips
Browsers get slower the longer we use them. Speed things up by doing the following: Remove unwanted applications you don't use. Clear Internet cache files regularly. Reduce browser plug-ins as well as Spy-ware and Ad-ware. Disable images within the browser settings especially if you're only using them for script-based searches. Turn off the flash, Java, images and sound. Close all tool-bars and other add-ons when not in use.
Or instead of turning off individual features from your existing browser, try installing another browser and then turn off all those features you don't use; this will enable faster page-loading and provide more time for surfing and researching. You can simply switch to your existing browser when you need to view images and videos etc.
- JonDoBrowser. L - M - W. Surf the web anonymously. You control how strong the protection should be.
- K-Meleon Browser. W. A simple, nippy lightweight browser easily customisable. Includes mouse gestures. 2000.
- Konqueror Browser L - Ub. Ad-block and pop-up blocker. File and password manager. PDF viewer and custom plug-ins. 1996.
- Knowtilus Browser. A Text editor. RSS reader. Text to speech, spell checker and page translator with over 50 voices. 2013.
- Links Browser. L - Un. Open source text and graphic web browser. It can render complex pages. 1999.
- Lunascape Browser. A - M - W. World's first triple engine integrated into one browser. Fast and versatile with a simple interface. Includes add-on support
- Maxthon Browser. A - M - W. Customisable, speedy and easy to use. Powerful ad-blocker and free cloud service. 2002.
- MI. Xiaomi's official web browser comes pre-installed on all its phones, and the app is compatible with other phone and tablets and devices.
- Microsoft Edge Browser. A - iOS - W. Pre-installed on all Windows devices. Easy to use. Built-in Cortana personal assistant. 2015.
- Midori Browser. L - Ub - W. Open source. Fast, lightweight and very powerful. 2007.
Video: How to Install a New Browser
- Nano Browser. A - L - M - W. Lots of useful features. Password protection and internet security. Back-up all your browsing contents and contacts. 1995.
- Oh Browser. A. Revolutionary, next generation user interface. 2018.
- OmniWeb Browser. M. An advanced version of Safari. Sidebar tabs and built-in HTML editing capabilities. 1995.
- Opera Browser. A - L - M - Un - W. Sleek and smart. Turbo mode. Free VPN. Built-in ad blocker. Customisable and very stable. 1995.
- Opera GX. L - M - W - A This browser includes unique features to help you get the most out of gaming and browsing. 2019.
- Opera Mini Browser. A - iOS - W. The most popular and efficient mobile mini browser. Compressed downloads, ad locker and built-in news-feed. 2005.
- Pale Moon Browser. W. Open-source web browser with customisation and configuration options. Support for many Firefox extensions. 2011.
- Puffin Browser. A - iOS - M - W. Cloud powered flash supported browser. Fast, sleek and secure browsing. incognito mode.
- QQ Browser. China’s largest internet service portal. A - iOS - M - W.
- QtWeb Browser. M - W. Open source, lightweight, fast and secure. Unique user interface and privacy features. 2008.
- QupZilla Browser. A - L - M - Ub - W. Fast and sleek. Simple to use. Lots of useful features. Ad-blocker. 2010.
Browser Facts: Did You Know...
- In 1990 the English computer scientist Sir Tim Burners-Lee invented the first web browser called the 'WorldWideWeb'.
- In 1993 the American software engineer 'Marc Anderson' released 'Mosaic' which was later renamed Netscape, this browser was much easier to use than Burners 'WorldWideWeb' browser.
- In 1995 the American software company Microsoft then entered the picture by releasing the first version of Internet Explorer.
- in 1998 Netscape launched the Mozilla Foundation which created Firefox.
- Safari Browser. A - iOS - M - W. Lightweight and sleek interface. Built-in privacy feature helps keep your browsing your business. Handy tools help you save, find, and share your favourite websites. Safari works with iCloud to let you browse seamlessly across all your devices. 2003.
- Samsung Internet Browser. A. Simple, fast, & reliable. Experience more secure web browsing with secret mode, Biometric web login and contents blocker. 2012.
- SeaMonkey Browser. L - M - W. Advanced email, newsgroup and feed client. SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers Firefox and Thunderbird. 2006.
- SlimJet Browser. L - W. Fast, smooth, efficient and secure. Ad-free with security and protection features. 2018.
- SRWare Iron Browser. A - L - M - Ub - W. Based on the free source code "Chromium". Private and secure with simple design and features. 2008.
- Sunbird Browser. W - M - L. Clean and simple interface. Useful calendar, schedule and task management extensions. A good complement to Firefox and Thunderbird. 2010.
- Thunderbird Browser. L - W. Open source free email application that’s customisable. Lots of great features such as add-ons and themes. 2003.
- Tiny. This tiny web browser is under 50kb in size.
- Tor Browser. iOS - L - M - Un - W. Search the web securely with cool anonymity and security features. 2002.
- Vivaldi Browser. L - M - W. Customisable keyboard short-cuts, themes, mouse gestures and appearance. 2016.
- Waterfox Browser. A - W. Open source and customisable. Personalise themes, extensions and add-ons. 2011.
- Whonix Browser. L - M - W. Designed for extra security and privacy. Stay anonymous. Defend against network surveillance. 2012.
- Yandex Browser. A - W. Simple and easy to use. Turbo-mode for faster page loading. Secure and clutter free. 2012.
Safe Browsing for Very Young Children & Teenagers
- SafeSearchKids. A home-page to browse the web, view images and videos securely. Includes a Wikipedia. Practise maths & English. Suitable for children aged 1 - 13.
- Swiggle is a child friendly search engine for kids to search the internet to keep safe.
- ZillaDog. A home-page with free parent password protection email service for kids. Complete with a home page with games, film trailers and more. Kids can stay connected with friends and family with excellent child safety features and educational news to keep children safe online.
- Zoodles Browser. Create your child's perfect playground with free learning games, videos, and books for your kids to educate them in a safe environment.
Safe Browsing for the Older, Senior Generation
- Eldy. Software to turn any standard PC into an easy-to-use computer. Easy interface for email, internet, chat, video-conferencing and more.
- SilverSurf. Ideal for the elderly - computer training for seniors. SilverSurf will help with all your online needs.
What Is The Best Browser?. Reviews, Comments and Poll.
List of all Google products. Google is much more than a search engine and advertising company.
© 2011 Tony Sky
What's your favourite browser?
rodocop on February 21, 2018:
Please, fix the K-Meleon info: browser is still developed and the latest dev.build was published 10 days ago.
Virat on September 22, 2017:
Checked out Polarity Browser and I was pretty pleased with how light weight it was.
Salvador Diaz Fau from Spain on March 01, 2017:
Other articles only include the usual 3-4 browsers and this makes it clear that there are many more options.
rodocop on July 15, 2014:
Dear Author! You need to fix your info about K-Meleon.
The development was restarted in November 2013 and the last beta updated a week ago!
And new K-Meleon is fully compatible with all new web techs!
Callum Yates on March 07, 2014:
ps. It has it's own built in browser!.
Callum Yates on March 06, 2014:
Anyone on Kik messenger? Wanna talk, browse and share what you love? What's not to love? It's free for smart Phones only.
Mike on November 23, 2013:
Bookmarked! and a very useful page!
krushnach80 on October 31, 2013:
use linux OS ..keep those bugs away..
Dave_69 on September 30, 2013:
I'm so shocked AND surprised at the amount of browsers available today. Is it really necessary for so many browsers to be available!? Surely, it should be quality and not quantity! But I guess these days, everyone wants a slice of the cake!
krushnach80 on June 30, 2013:
use linux OS ..keep those bugs away..
Umm, on November 03, 2012:
I use Firefox for my PC and Dolphin for my iphone. I have just installed Opera and it;s pretty cool!
Brian Clark on November 01, 2012:
I have Internet Explorer installed. It was on my PC when I purchased it many years ago, and I had no idea there was such a wide range of choice!
Thanks for sharing.