The online industry changes at a very fast pace and you have to keep yourself updated if you want to succeed. As a website owner and entrepreneur, you always dreamt of building a successful online business. But you do not know how to get more traffic to your website.
Let us discuss up-to-date website optimization tips that will increase traffic and sales and also keep you ahead of the competition.
Tip #1: Optimize Your Website Design and Code
Design plays a significant role in retaining visitors to your website. It prevents them from hitting the back button as soon as they land on the site.
But do you know, what are the features of a good website design? If no, you can check the list below:
- It has clear information about your brand, services, and products.
- It must be easy to navigate. Do not use complex design elements. Your visitors will get confused.
- Keep updating your site with new and valuable content that your readers will love to read.
- Create an effective about us page. Let your audience know who you are and why they should trust you.
- Add your contact information. It creates reliability.
- If you sell services or products, include a separate testimonial page to build trust.
- Optimize your site for search engines.
- Include a clear call to action. It can be in the form of an email subscription or ask them to leave valuable comments at the end of each article.
- Include the date in posts. People love to read updated stuff.
- Include links to social media accounts. Ask your readers to follow you to get updated regularly.
- Mention the copyright date and information on the footer.
If you are a non-technical person like me, then hire a web designer and developer to take care of your site designing and coding. Get rid of unnecessary coding to increase your website speed. Search engines rank sites higher in the search results that load faster.
Also, optimize your site for different devices. More and more people are using mobile devices for browsing. If your website is not optimized for mobile devices, people will hit the back button. It will increase your bounce rate. Your site will be considered less useful by search engines. It will further lower your search engine ranking.
Tip #2: Secure Your Website From Getting Hacked
Spammers are all around. They are always looking for ways to hack sites. Whether you are new to the online world or an experienced professional, your website is at risk. It can happen to anyone. So if you want to regularly deliver valuable content to your readers without getting attacked by unknown forces, secure your blog. Have ‘HTTPS’ in place of ‘HTTP’.
Spammers send emails containing messages that can damage your blog. So, do not open emails from unknown sources.
Tip #3: Improve Your Website Content
Do not keep adding post after post. Focus on adding original and valuable content. Your post should motivate people and guide them to solve the problems they are facing. Try to create evergreen content.
A few tips for writing a great piece of content:
- Create a short and catchy headline that can get you enough clicks. Write at least 10 headlines before finalizing.
- Include at least 4-5 paragraphs with subheadings. Use an active voice and only one idea per paragraph.
- Keep an eye on the current interests and problems of your readers.
- Create an emotional bond with your readers. Include emotional words or a story that relates to their problem. Solve a specific problem as it will help you connect with new and targeted readers.
- Create shareable content by adding relevant images and videos to your article.
- Include relevant keywords. Do not overstuff your article with keywords. Distribute them naturally all over the article.
- Use original images and videos. You can also use copyright-free images that require no attribution.
- Add proper captions to the images and videos. Try to include long captions that describe them completely.
- Proofread and edit your article before publishing. Keep the quality high and terminology simple.
- Do internal linking. Include links to your other posts or pages in the current article to increase retention time.
Tip #4: Use Various Monetization Techniques
Are you also a blogger who is stuck generating money through a single source? Then try not to focus on one income source only. There are many money-making techniques available that you can implement to multiply your income like:
It is a one-time offer that appears once your prospect either make a purchase or submits an email in return for a free download. You can include combo offers also. Try to sell when they are in the buying mode. It is easy to sell at this point rather than selling by sending follow up emails.
Add Coupon Codes to Your Affiliate Offers
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn extra revenue from your website. Adding coupon codes will make your offers attractive to your visitors as they will get a better deal. Offer discount codes to your buyers on your website. So they do not have to search Google for coupon codes. Else they will leave your website and buy from some other site.
Also include price and feature comparison table. It will convince them that your recommended offers are the best. Even if they plan to buy another product, then also you will earn.
Tip #5: Track and Analyze Your Website Traffic
Most of the bloggers do not understand the importance of tracking and analyzing. It gives you an idea:
- What is the click-through rate?
- What is the average time visitors spend on your website?
- How many times did people leave without buying?
- What is the age group of your visitors?
- From where do you get the most traffic?
You can get answers to all your questions by using Google Analytics on your website or blog.
Whenever you find something wrong with your site, change it. It will improve your blog quality. Your ultimate goal is to get more people to visit your site. It will not only increase your sales but also establishes you as an authority leader in your niche.
Do you have other tips that can prove helpful in improving site quality?
If yes, then please share it in the comments below.