Business blogging is one of the best and cheapest ways to establish your authority and brand online. It’s your property around which you can develop your community of loyal followers. People will understand you better.
You can also carry out marketing campaigns on your blog. It will save your time and money in ad creation. You can share your product release or upcoming event information with your audience.
Let us discuss the benefits of business blogging.
Benefit #1: Drive Traffic to Your Website
If you have a website, you will want more and more people to visit your site. Now let us look at a few ways in which people might search you:
- If they know who you are, they will type your name into the browser and land on your site. They will not help you get more traffic as they are your existing followers.
- You could opt for email marketing, blasting your link randomly to people to get it clicked. It is expensive and illegal.
- You could run a paid ads campaign. But it is expensive, and the traffic will stop coming as soon as you stop promoting.
So, how can you drive more traffic?
Whenever you write a new post, it gets indexed by Google. Adding new content gives signals to Google bots to visit your site frequently to look for new stuff.
Your article gets shared on social media. It helps you get discovered by people who might not know you.
Benefit #2: Convert Traffic into Leads
Now you have a blog that gets a good amount of traffic which might get converted into leads.
You can add call-to-action to every blog post. You can offer free ebooks, trials, webinars, cheat sheets, infographics, etc. in exchange for their information. This information can be in the form of an email or a phone number.
How does this system work?
It works in the following way:
- People visit your website.
- They see your free offer.
- They click call-to-action and fill their information in the form on the landing page.
- They receive their free stuff.
Note: It is not necessary that every visitor will get converted into your lead.
Benefit #3: It Helps you to Establish Authority
You must blog around a specific niche and write articles that solve the problems of your readers. In this way, you will become an expert in their eyes.
You cannot imagine the impact of writing an informative post that solves your readers’ queries.
Here are a few ways blogging can help you generate sales:
- If a visitor finds an answer to their question through your blog post, they will trust you. Also, they might get interested in purchasing your product.
- Your prospects regularly read your blog posts. They gain new information regularly. It becomes easy for them to buy from you rather than buying from a stranger.
- You can reach new people who might be interested in your topic. Your readers can interact with you by commenting on your posts. It will create a network of followers.
Benefit #4: It Gives you Long-term Results
Once you have written a blog post, it gets ranked in search engines after some time. Slowly the number of visitors starts increasing. You will get traffic and leads through that post for years to come. The one-time effort you put in today will turn into thousands of views, leads, and buyers in the long run.
You can also monetize your blog. But first, you have to build an influence in your niche.
You can monetize your blog by:
- Placing Google AdSense ads or by selling ad space privately to businesses.
- Selling your digital products and services, such as eBooks, tutorials, consultancy services, etc.
- Selling products of other vendors through affiliate marketing.
- Selling annual membership to access premium content on your blog.
Whether you already have a blog or just starting a new one, you should focus on creating valuable blog content. It will keep your present and future readers updated and engaged.
But, do not expect immediate results. Over time, your traffic will increase. You will be able to generate leads for your business without any additional investment.
So, whether you have a personal or business blog, work consistently to reap long-term benefits from blogging.
Do you also own a business blog?
Or are you just starting?
Share your views about business blogging and what you want to achieve from it in the comments below.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Preeti Shah
Preeti Shah (author) from Delhi on January 06, 2021:
Amit Masih from Jaipur, India on January 06, 2021:
This is very good. You've written it so brilliantly. Thank you for sharing this.