Give us your input
More reasons to save our environment
10 Ways To Save Ourselves, The Planet Will More Then Likely Continue
There are many ways we can help to sustain our environment. Helpful information is available on the web, in our libraries, and in countless books. We are “consumers” in the society of today. Unfortunately because of this fact, we are also trash makers and very wasteful. We have to have the newest this or the newest that as soon as it comes out on the market. Which in turn calculates to a lot of trash. This age of new technology is caused greatly in respect to the technological advances we are making, but the drawback is, when the newest cell phone or computer comes out we have to have it. What do we do with the old stuff? Where does it go? These advancements are also depleting vital resources from countries around the world.
Never before have we had so many technological advances in such a short period of time. If you look back to prior generations who had cell phones, mp3 players and such? All these advancements are causing major problems for us in regards to our environmental impact. Now more than ever we need to be concerned with consumption and waste. Remember little things add up to big improvements, or disastrous problems when thinking on a global scale. If millions of people changed just one or two habits in their life we could make a huge difference.
It is said that we are killing our earth with all the chemicals and trash we are filling it with. There is a point that is not taken very often. The earth is a huge sphere hanging in space, powerful and majestic. Our own deaths from global warming and the negative environmental impacts we have created will almost certainly come first.
1. Turn off the water when your brushing saves 10 quarts of water a time 500,000 quarts in a lifetime
2. Install low flow water faucets saves up to 50 percent water usage, or shower with a friend=-)
3. Take the bus, ride your bike or carpool at least once a week.
4. Cut out or reduce your meat consumption. It takes several times the land and water to produce meat as opposed to vegetables and wheat. You’ll be healthier too. If you’re worried about protein eat beans and remember some vegetables contain protein too..
5. Plant a tree or join www.treefresno.org an organization that plants live trees around Fresno provides more shade to cool the earth and help clean our air.
6. Plant flowers for the bees nature.berkeley.edu/urbanbeegardens/.
7. Plant your own herbs and vegetables, use no chemicals and the food doesn’t have to travel far to your kitchen, no fuel used.
8. Plant your own herbs fresh chemical free and right outside your doo.r
9. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Do this and follow that order. Reduce your consumption there is less to reuse and recycle!
10. Don’t use plastic grocery store bags, bring your own.
Elaine Chen on November 10, 2017:
I like the enformation!
Inaaya khan on August 10, 2015:
Very nyc points....... thank u soo much; it is very helpful to me!!!!!
amy on February 08, 2014:
that is cool
Matt Danniels on May 27, 2012:
extremwly thnxxxxxxxxxxx for d useful tips for conservation of resources
Kimberly Lake (author) from California on January 25, 2011:
Yes, I agree. We are bombarded by advertising directly or indirectly almost constantly. Check my Hub on marketing to Children. Thanks for the comment!
nextstopjupiter from here, there and everywhere on January 17, 2011:
Some useful advices, reducing consumption is very important. But consumption is the result of advertising/manipulation, so let's replace manipulation by education first.