Tammy Winters is an online article writer and Website Designer. When she isn't making money online, she is a State Home-care Worker.
How To Get Rid of Chapped Lips?
Chapped lips are very irritating and painful. It's common for people to turn to different lip balms and moisturizers trying to rid or heal chapped lips. I had a good friend, his lips would be so chapped that they would crack and bleed. This article will tell you how to get rid of chapped lips without having to use several different types of chapsticks and lip balms. The steps below also share with you how my friend healed his cracked lips.
Get rid of chapped lips by using Neosporin. (Web MD and Physicians will not recommend using this on your lips. However, it does work.)
1. Wet your chapped lips down with water.
2. Take a fingertip full of Neosporin and rub it all over your chapped lips. Make sure you get it in all of the dried cracks that are on your lips.
3. Let your lips dry, do not lick your lips. They will not taste very good.
4. Repeat the steps the following day if needed.
Get rid of chapped lips with Lotion.
If you are traveling or on the go with no Neosporin, you can heal chapped and cracked lips with Lotions. Any type of lotion will moisten your lips until you have access to Neosporin ointment.
My friend showed me this tip on accident when I caught him rubbing my hand lotion all over his lips when he didn't have Neosporin.
Carmex, Blistex, and chapsticks don't always work to get rid of chapped lips but you are welcome to try any of these remedies.
Home Remedies For Chapped Lips - Natural Remedies
Here is a list of The Top 8 Home Remedies that I got from my research to help heal chapped lips.
- Sugar mixed with Honey will help exfoliate your lips. This helps get all the dead cells removed from your lips. Your lips will then have a softer, more natural feeling which will reduce the chances of getting chapped lips.
- Rose Petals mixed with Milk. Form a paste and let the clean rose petals and milk sit for a couple of hours. Apply the paste to your lips. This will help moisturize your lips plus add color to your lips.
- Coconut Oil will also add moisture to your lips that will help get rid of chapped lips. You can apply Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to your lips several times a day as needed.
- Castor Oil is another home remedy for chapped lips. This may not taste great, so you can add a couple of drops of castor oil with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply to your lips in the morning. Then at night wash it off with warm water. Do this until your chapped lips are healed.
- Milk Cream is another lip moisturizer that will help get rid of chapped lips. Apply to your lips daily until your lips are no longer chapped.
- Aloe Vera Gel works wonders for chapped lips because of its healing qualities. Aloe Vera Gel will help get rid of chapped lips by reducing the pain of chapped lips.
- Cucumbers are another natural remedy for chapped lips. Who doesn't love cucumbers? You can rub slices of cucumber across your lips several times a day to heal your lips. It smells good and tastes good also.
- Petroleum Jelly and Honey - Mixing Petroleum Jelly and Honey will help keep them protected plus heal any dryness.
Getting Rid of Chapped Lips by Eating Healthy
Your skin normally looks and feels dry when you are missing something in your diet. Having a well-balanced diet will help your skin and lips look and feel healthy.
Sometimes when you lack vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E in your diet, your lips will become chapped.
Leafy Vegetables, Eggs and Nuts contain the healthy vitamins that will prevent or help get rid of chapped lips.
Tip: Keeping your body and lips well hydrated will help reduce the chances of getting dried and cracked lips. So drink lots of water throughout the day.
I also heard that 100% Pure Lanolin is a wonderful cure for painful and cracked lips. However, this is not recommended for Vegetarians due to Lanolin being wax created by wool bearing animals.
How many people have chapped lips?
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2010 Tammy Winters
Sally on January 07, 2012:
Don't think neosporin is safe to consume and let into your mouth and or body. How do you get rid of chapped lips without using anything at all? No chapstick, water, or anything like that.
Tammy Winters (author) from Oregon on September 05, 2011:
@fashionforward Too much consumption of the Neosporin will make you sick. Thanks for reading.
Tammy L from Jacksonville, Texas on December 13, 2010:
Thanks tammy for the tips. I had been using the Neosporin trick for a while now. It helps me more during my sleeping hours when I'm less likely to lick my lips. I had never tried the hand lotion one though.
Tammy Winters (author) from Oregon on December 12, 2010:
Ty fashionforward for your question. It is safe, however too much of anything is unhealthy. My boyfriend uses it on his lips all the time. It just doesn't taste like strawberries or any other flavored lip balm.
fashionforward from Denver, Colorado on December 12, 2010:
Interesting. Do you know if Neosporin is safe to consume, in case you forget and lick your lips? Blistex usually works for me, but it would be nice to know if this is truly another option.