Elin loves writing about her beauty treatments and experiences.
When it comes to finding the right bra size, there are a lot of variables to consider. But once you have your measurements, you can start to narrow down what size will work best for you. And if you're ever unsure, you can always compare your bra size to fruit! Here's a quick helpful bra size compared to the fruit guide:
- Plum - this should be probably around an AA cup or something a bit smaller.
- Lemon - again you want to be aiming in the region of an A cup.
- Orange - this is typically somewhere around a B cup.
- Peach/Small Apple - we are getting into the area of a C cup.
- Large Red Delicious Apple or a Small Grapefruit - you want to start thinking about a D cup bra getting on to DD.
- Grapefruit - should be getting on for a E or FF cup.
- Watermelon - this is typically a G or H cup.
So there you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to determine your breast size compared to fruit. Now you'll never be stuck trying to figure out what size you need again.
Of course, this should only be used as a quick reference guide only as different fruit sizes can vary and there are a lot of other factors to consider when finding the perfect bra size for you. But it's a fun way to visualize what you might be looking for! Plus, it should give a quick reference point for anyone who is unsure about their size.
Bra Size Fruit Comparison Chart
|Fruit||Bra Cup Size|
Plum or Kiwi
Lemon or Nectarine
Peach or Large Apple
Grapefruit or Pomelo
E to FF Cup
G or H Cup
Measuring For Your Bra Cup Size
There are a few key things you need to measure in order to find your perfect bra size.
- Firstly, you will need to measure around the base of your chest. This is where the band of the bra will sit and you want it to be snug but not too tight.
- Secondly, you need to measure around the fullest part of your bust. This is usually around the mid area and you want to make sure the tape measure is level all the way around.
- Finally, you need to calculate the difference between these two measurements. This will give you your cup size.
If the difference between your chest measurement and your bust measurement is:
Less than 1 inch - you are an AA cup
1 inch - you are an A cup
2 inches - you are a B cup
3 inches - you are a C cup
4 inches - you are a D cup
5 inches - you are a DD or E cup
6 inches - you are an F or FF cup
7 inches - you are a G or GG cup
8 inches - you are a H or HH cup
9 inches - you are a J or JJ cup
10 inches - you are a K or KK cup
11 inches - you are a L or LL cup
12 inches - you are an M or MM cup
13 inches - you are a N or NN cup
14 inches - you are an O or OO cup
15 inches - you are a P or PP cup
16 inches - you are a Q or QQ cup
17 inches and over - you are a R or RR cup
As you can see, there is quite a range in bra sizes! And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are also half sizes, different styles, and brands that can all affect your perfect fit. But hopefully, this guide has given you a good starting point in finding your ideal size.
What to Consider When Choosing a Bra?
There are a few things you need to take into account when choosing a bra.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that the band is firm but not too tight. You should be able to fit two fingers underneath the band comfortably.
- Secondly, you need to make sure the cups fit well. There should be no gaping or spillage and the cups should completely encase your breasts.
- Thirdly, you need to make sure the straps are not too loose or too tight. They should be firm but comfortable and they should not dig into your skin.
- Finally, you need to make sure that the bra is comfortable to wear. It shouldn't be too constricting or too loose and it should allow you to move freely without any discomfort.
Once you've considered all of these factors, you'll be well on your way to finding the perfect bra!
Types of Bras
There are many different types of bras on the market, each with their own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular types of bras:
These bras have wire in the cups that helps to support and lift the breasts. They are a great option for people with larger breasts or for people who want extra support.
These bras have padding in the cups that helps to lift and shape the breasts. They are a great option for people with smaller breasts or for people who want extra shaping.
These bras are designed to provide extra support during physical activity. They are a great option for people with larger breasts or for people who want extra support.
These bras do not have straps and are perfect for people who want to wear strapless or off-the-shoulder tops. They are a great option for people with smaller breasts or for people who want extra support.
These bras are designed for women who are breastfeeding. They have cups that can be opened and closed for easy access to the breasts. They are a great option for people who are breastfeeding or for people who want extra support.
No matter what type of bra you are looking for, there is sure to be an option out there that is perfect for you!
The Bottom Line
There is no such thing as a perfect bra size. Everyone is different and so are our bodies. The most important thing is that you find a bra that fits you well and makes you feel comfortable and supported. With this guide on comparing breast sizes with examples of fruit, you should be able to kick start your perfect cup size finding journey with ease!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Elin Beck