Most people used to use rejuvenating products without even letting themselves get aware of their actual effects on the skin. Most people only use products without knowing how they will affect their skin entirely. They thought good reviews were quite adequate, but the product itself would bring no good or benefit as you have it for long-term use. I have seen this to be very common to us folks which is alarming to the extent that it passes to young ages already.
What are rejuvenating products doing to your skin?
How rejuvenating products function is it removes the outer layer of your skin. So, what the rejuvenating products remove is the epidermis to remove skin cells from the target layer of your skin to be the second and middle layer of your skin called the dermis. The upper parts of your dermis are your rejuvenating product targets to remove. But what is the role of the epidermis, or the first outer layer of your skin? It is the first outer layer of your skin that protects your body from harm. It keeps your body hydrated. It is also the one that produces new skin cells and contains melanin which determines the color of your skin. The task of melanin in your body is it protects your skin from harmful rays like UVA, UVB, UVC, and blue light. The upper layer of the epidermis is called the stratum corneum, which is your skin barrier. The skin barrier has a vital function. It carries a lot of natural ingredients that prevent allergens and bacteria and the one that keeps moisture. It is supposed to be the first in line to defend your body from external threats, and because you are using rejuvenating products, you are destroying it. The verbatim is you are damaging your skin to have some effects because once your Epidermis or Dermis is destroyed and damaged, you will not have protection from UV rays, harmful infections, environmental pollution, and external threats. It can shove off your body to be unsecured and get prone to infections as nothing will defend your body from those dangerous aspects.
Skin Layers Destroyed (Repair)
The two main layers of your skin are the epidermis and the dermis. If one or the two main layers of your skin has impaired, the dermis needs to regenerate first before the restoration process of the epidermis of the skin repair mechanisms takes place. But that is if the injury is too minor because, in severe injury conditions, the skin repair mechanisms are impossible to repair the skin to its original state.
Learn About the Caution
Know the period when you should only be using the product. One of the common mistakes I have seen frequently is not knowing or following directions. There is always caution. There could be directions that need to implement by using this kind of product, or else you will damage your skin permanently. You need to know everything you need to know before using a product so that you would not walk through something blindly. In other words, you would not go through doing something you do not know about and afterward be surprised and left with nothing to do already when your skin gets damaged. It is always best to consult a dermatologist before using something on your skin because we have different skin types, and each differs in the kind of care it needs. Each skin type has a variety of factors that you must consider in dealing with it. By being aware of your skin type, you can know the proper way to care for your skin. You will have easy access to information about the correct care you only have to give your skin and learn what you can do and can not. In dealing with your skin, you should be accurate and ensure you are not guessing things and experimenting. It is vital that you only give your skin the correct care it needs to ensure the beautiful outcome you desire to have.
Things you should keep in mind before or when using products like rejuvenating sets to ensure that you use them properly and responsibly
(So as not to treat your skin too harshly. These will guide to lesser possibilities of unfavorable side effects.)
- When picking a brand, do not just choose to use any brand. Picking the cheapest brand of product is also a wrong approach either. If you like to try rejuvenating products to have the baby-like skin effect that people who use them get, you have to choose an established brand.
- When done using the first set, rest your skin for a month or two. Let it heal and breathe from harsh skincare products before going back to using another set again -if you would want to go back. After resting, use a milder rejuvenating set. Then, apply the same process that we mentioned previously. After done with one rejuvenating set, rest for a month or two, then go back to using it with a milder set. On the third set, pick the gentlest only if there is one, as maintenance.
- When using a rejuvenating product, you should always wear creams that come with it, which are moisturizer and sunscreen. It is a set because they have different purposes that are certain to be vital, supporting the contents of each product. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher. I see this a lot with people using a rejuvenating toner, but they do not use other products that are supposed to come with it. If you only use a toner, always remember to use a moisturizer because the peeling property that the toner has will dry your skin out as it exfoliates it. The moisturizer will soothe the drying skin, and sunscreen will protect your skin from sun rays. And if in case, you are only using the rejuvenating soap, you still need sunscreen and moisturizer as well. Do not misdo it because what you are doing is mistreating your skin. Forcing it to react the way you want to but not supporting it to react the way you want. It will only lead to an undesirable effect after using it.
- Using rejuvenating sets is usually not recommended for pregnant or lactating moms. Except if indicated that it is safe for use.
- Do not experiment by mixing different brand products in the set you are using. Do not experiment by mixing various brand toners, creamers, or sunscreens. It is a set for a reason. Usually, brand companies cooperate and coordinate each of their products. One product supports anothers' contents. The brand set it as a set most often due to the products' cooperative benefits with each other. But as said earlier, if you are using only one product in the rejuvenating set of a brand and using another brand to support your skin by using it, make sure that the product you are using has a favorable effect on your skin. Make sure that the brand is well-known to the skin care industry to be effective by most people, and make sure it is mild and safe to coordinate with the specific product of one rejuvenating brand product you are in use.
- Keep away from using retinol as the rejuvenating products already contain retinol. Retinol is an exfoliating acid, and overusing it can only do nothing but damage your skin.
Learning the proper way and steps to use a product first is essential before diving into using it because it is the health of your skin that you are risking, especially a product like rejuvenating set. Be responsible in knowing all the necessary and correct steps, ways, or products you still need to use together with one specific product to ensure your skin is in good condition. Always remember that trying skin care does not guarantee the effect that you desire or expect to have. Skincare has a different effect on different skin as we all have different skin types and histories, which is why a Dermatologist like Nikki Paderna said skin care is not a one-kind-fits-all thing on her website blog.
Before using any products, fully educate yourself all about them. Not only do you have to look for the reviews, but study the ingredients it contains and the benefits it brings to your skin while thinking about what only your skin needs. Before doing anything like this one, you always need to consult your dermatologist to have the best recommendations and pieces of advice for your skin health.
Take note that your body parts are clever already. You only have to learn about it to deal with it properly because if you do something irresponsibly, the probabilities are high that it will cause effects on you that you will not like. Sadly, if it is too late, it is too late and can not be restored. That is why being responsible around the clock and ensuring that you are fully aware of what you are dealing with is vital.
© 2022 Briavry