Do you have a black saree but is unsure about what kind of blouse to pair with it? Then you have come to the right place. As today we will discuss how you can wear your black saree in different ways by just playing a little with the blouse. It is good to remember that blouses are the canvas on which the saree rests. Black being a versatile colour ready to adapt and co-ordinate with other colours from the chart makes it very easy to style. You can get as creative as you want when thinking of a blouse to be worn with a black saree. There can be some limitations depending on the material and fabric of the black saree. Nevertheless, we will show you many ways in which the blouse can be styled and fashionably worn with your black saree.
No we are not discussing Amy Winehouse's back to black song. We are about to see how gorgeous black blouse can look on black saree. A black blouse whether it be embellished with sequin, embroidery or just sheer backed, looks very appealing with a black saree. This look is perfect for formal occasions and evening parties.
- Indian actress Kajol looks like a Spanish diva with an ethnic Indian twist in her jet black saree with full sleeve saree blouse design with small round neckline. She styled her evening look perfectly by pinning that deep red rose on her left ear.
- For a more casual and flirty look take a note of the below photograph of the lady in net black saree with all over buti work and simple border. She paired her black saree with a simple sleeveless cotton blouse with a deep neckline at the back with a bow tied at the end. She looks charming in this attire.
- If the saree is French silk or printed silk then a clean halter blouse with band neckline will look neat and sophisticated. This style can be worn by ladies who have slender arms and long neck.
Golden blouse paired with a black saree is a very regal amalgamation. Golden blouse can be very simple such as made of just a golden tissue fabric or gold satin. On the other hand intricate designs on gold fabric also look gorgeous. It all depends on the type of black saree it is to be paired with.
- Gorgeously embellished gold blouses look great with plain transparent black sarees or with sarees with minimum embellishments. Tip to remember: if the saree is simple go for a gorgeous blouse and if the saree is gorgeous and has a lot of designs then better to go for a simple one tone blouse with minimum embellishments.
Mirror work blouses are a must have for all ladies irrespective of their age or body type. Blouses with mirror designs are a gem that must exist in your closet. They bright a festivity to the saree look and one mirror work blouse can be paired with different sarees and even lehengas. If you are thinking about wearing a black chiffon saree or black net saree on a fun loving party then consider getting a mirror work blouse. For a more refined evening look get a black thread encrusted mirror blouse and for a more wedding vibe get a multicoloured mirror work blouse.
If you even is a formal evening gathering and you want to look sophisticated and classy then get a brocade blouse to pair with your black saree. Brocades come in various colours and styles.
- Black and gold brocade patterns are a gorgeous combination and can be styled in many ways. Black and gold brocade blouse goes well with silk banarasi sarees and also any type of chiffon or see through Georgette sarees.
- Three quarter and full sleeve brocade blouses are perfect for formal occasions and suits women who are slim to slightly chubby. However, if the brocade fabric is thick and requires lining then a full sleeve is not recommended for overweight ladies as it can add visually extra weight. Brocade blouses look great in short sleeves and even sleeveless.
- A little bling is great with a net or chiffon saree. Especially if the saree is sparsely embellished with sequins and embroidery then it would look great with a gorgeous sequin embellished blouse. Gold coloured sequin embellished blouses are perfect for weddings and parties.
- Black on black sequin design blouse also looks very sexy. Sharing below a picture of a black saree with red piping and all over black sequin work blouse.
Sarees have evolved from the days when we only used to stich blouses out of the fabric provided with the saree itself. Now fashion pioneering ladies have taken the blouse game to a different level. Imaginative ways of combining prints with their saree is a very smart move. Sarees are no longer the attire of calmly ladies but is a style statement of who you are as a person. If you are a strong willed wild child you can still make that aspect of you come out through the way you wear your saree.
- Sharing below picture of how a hipster look was carried out so flawlessly by Mini Mathur. She wore striped blouse with a plain black saree. She held the look together with a cool belt.
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on April 05, 2017:
Hi Jasmeet Kaur thanks for commenting and liking my hub on what type of blouse to wear with black saree.
Jasmeet Kaur from India on April 02, 2017:
Loved it.. Very informative!