The Finished Updo: Loose Waves
Every wedding should have an amazing bride with an amazing hairstyle. Here is an easy-to-achieve wedding hairstyle if you have long hair. The steps are easy, and this look should turn out to be amazing if the steps are properly carried out. Feel free to experiment a little if you know a technique that might work better.
Your hair is the ball gown that you never take off.
— Jo Robertson
How To Achieve This Easy Updo
- Wash your hair with a volumizing shampoo and blow dry it upside down, to create volume at the crown. Stop right before your hair is about half dry. (If you plan on using heat instead of the no-heat method described below, then dry your hair all the way and curl it with a curling iron instead).
- For this updo, it is easier to skip the heat and go all natural by curling hair in rollers or using the “paper-bag” method. (Click this link, to see the video on how to curl your hair with paper to make it look exactly like this. Or see the video at the bottom)
- After your hair has dried in the paper curls (do not leave it in more than half an hour to 45 minutes, the because the paper bag curls hold VERY well, and get curly VERY fast). Take the strips of paper out and run your fingers lightly through your hair. Loosen out the waves.
- If you want to use a curling iron, spray your hair with a heat protecting spray before hand which will help the hair shaft stay undamaged and make the final look as un-frizzy as possible since we want a sleek look, no hair out of place, this time.
- In order to get that side swept look you'll need to gather all of the curls to one side of the head so choose a side that you like best and continue the following steps on that side of your head.
- If your curls are very springy and too tight, smooth some anti-frizz cream into your hands and run your fingers through your hair some more. Do not use a wax because wax is designed to give your hair even more “spring” and bounce. Make sure to keep the curls on one side of your head.
- Spray some shine serum onto your hair or if you have naturally shiny hair, you can focus a bit just on the ends of the hair or wherever there is some frizz.
- Now for the accessories, you can choose to go with some sparkly clip in flowers that match the dress or go with a long sparkling necklace that flows throughout the hair like in the example picture above.
- Since your ears will be exposed, choose a pair of matching earrings to compliment the look. Either go with something subtle to keep the focus on the hair or go with a more dramatic earring to draw more attention to the jawline and cheeks.
Natural Paper Bag Curls
Get beautiful before the big day!
- 3 Easy Ways To Get Healthy Glowing Skin
These three easy ways will show you how to get beautiful and healthy clear skin as well as skin care products for glowing and clear skin.
- Wedding Hair: Beautiful Wedding Hairstyle For Long H...
If you are planning the perfect wedding, you should make sure that all the details are taken care of, and that means your hair too. This is an easy wedding hairstyle that you can do. It works with any hair length and...
- How To Do Simple and Easy Everyday Makeup!
This is a very easy and simple look that will look natural and perfect for everyday wear. How to guide step by step. Cosmetics and eye shadow eyeshadow mascara and eyeliner makeup. How to achieve this look
- Top 10 Makeup Mistakes: How To Apply Makeup
Here are the top 10 makeup mistakes women make when applying their makeup. Learn how to avoid these top ten makeup mistakes. Makeup mistake 1...
kristina (Connecticut Wedding DJs) on February 11, 2011:
Perfect, that’s exactly what I was looking for! This might be it for my fashion accessory ;)
RTalloni on February 08, 2011:
Beautiful idea and hairdo!
Rhonda Musch from The Emerald Coast on January 26, 2011:
What and interesting hairdo. I loved it. Different but great.Voted up awesome.
Sweet wishes Rhonda
Donna Janelle from Oklahoma on January 26, 2011:
This is a gorgeous updo! I have never tried paper curls before, but this has really interested me in trying them sometime!