Does it seem difficult to maintain a skincare routine and you are constantly having breakouts on your skin? Are you even worried that your skin might not go back to the way it was before your breakouts?
Don't worry because I have the perfect basic skincare routine for you that will not only nourish your skin but is super easy to follow. This skincare routine should not take you more than 5-10 minutes a day.
This skincare routine has an order, which has to be maintained and followed as it is otherwise you will not be seeing any benefit on your skin. Our skin is a part of our body and it takes time to reap the benefits of the positive changes around us.
A Basic Skin Care Routine has multiple components, and they consist of:-
- Face Washing
- Applying Sunscreen.
By following these steps in order, you will have understood the most basic skin care routine that you can follow.
1. Face Wash
The first thing you need to get started is by using a good quality face wash. Washing your face is the primary part of achieving healthy skin. Washing your skin gets rid of the dead bacteria, sweat, and germs on your face that were accumulated over the day.
It is essential that we know which type of face wash to be used. Everybody has a different skin type and you should go according to yours. If you have oily skin, then you should use products meant for oily skin. Using a different skin type product will have a negative impact on your skin.
Our skin is more delicate than our skin on the body and that is why we should carefully deal with our skin. Do not rub it aggressively, but firmly roll clockwise on your cheeks ( this promotes blood circulation) and also repeat the same rolling movement for your forehead and nose.
It is essential to exfoliate your skin after washing your face. Exfoliating your skin helps open up the pores on your skin and also improves blood circulation. It helps the products to better penetrate and gives a second layer of cleansing.
You can exfoliate your skin by using a face scrub or by incorporating it with your face wash, by using a foaming face wash. Everyone has a different preference and I prefer using a scrub to a foaming face wash.
I personally feel using a scrub is much more effective than using a foaming face wash, mainly because a foaming face wash does gentle exfoliation and that is not enough for my skin. But both are excellent ways to exfoliate and you can choose what suits you the best.
The same rolling movement applies here too, but please be a little more gentle.
Moisturization is another vital component of building a skincare routine. Using moisturizers helps hydrates the skin
Moisturizing has multiple benefits such as fighting wrinkles, helping your skin stay young and glowing, reducing the chances of skin problems, and helps fight acne.
Using the correct moisturizer according to your skin type is also very important. A good moisturizer should be non-comedogenic. It is detrimental to know which skin type you are so that you can correctly invest in and take care of your skin.
After applying the moisturizer, let it be absorbed by your skin and that is when you will get the full benefit of the product.
4. Using Sunscreen
Using sunscreen every day is a must. It does not matter where you are in the world, using sunscreen is vital because it helps protect the skin from UV rays.
To end your skincare routine, you need to apply sunscreen which is between SPF 30-50. Sunscreen is a very light liquid and that is why if you are out in the sun for long hours and are sweating excessively, the sunscreen can come off. That's why it is advisable to carry a little bottle of sunscreen if you are out and far for long.
It is important to use sunscreen according to your skin type and I advise you to research about what will suit you the best
Things To Keep In Mind
There are a few things we need to keep in mind to follow this skincare routine.
- It is necessary that we wash our face 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the night. We should also wash our face after workouts and so that we do not let the sweat sit on our skin.
- Avoid using soap on your face, because soap is harsh for your face and is only suitable for the body. Also, keep in mind that the Face wash itself shouldn't contain any harmful chemicals and should be free of sulfates, parabens, SLS, and other harmful chemicals.
- You can even use Face Packs if your skin is in the worst conditions. I recommend using natural packs ( you can search them up on youtube )
- Never harshly rub your face after you exfoliate or wash your face. It causes unnecessary damage to your skin.
- Use products according to your skin type in order to not have a negative side effect.
- The water neither has to be boiling hot or freezing cold but using Tepid Water is the best.
Links To Related Products
Now that you know about the basics of a skincare routine, here are the links to some of the recommended products that can get you started
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash with Vitamin C and Turmeric for Skin Illumination - 100ml -https://amzn.to/2RsQI4j
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash with Foaming Silicone Cleanser Brush Powered by Vitamin C & Turmeric - 150ml- https://amzn.to/3ciFg2z
- Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face With Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Prone Skin, 80 ml- https://amzn.to/3cn1Ua4
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Scrub for Glowing Skin, With Vitamin C and Walnut For Skin Illumination – 100 g- https://amzn.to/3x2conc
- Mamaearth HydraGel Indian Sunscreen SPF 50, With Aloe Vera & Raspberry, for Sun Protection - 50g- https://amzn.to/3fTuNwB
- Good Vibes Wide Spectrum Sunscreen With SPF 30 - 50 g - Sun Protection for All Skin Types - Hydrate and Moisturize Dull Damaged Skin - Cruelty-Free - https://amzn.to/3fZUDiK