I like to come up with fun things to do and pranks to play on people.
If you're wanting to go with a more tomboyish style, then you'll want to check out these 15 tomboy outfit ideas. From boyish dresses to ripped jeans, there are plenty of ways that you can style yourself in a more masculine way.
1. Ripped Jeans and Graphics Tee
A super simple tomboy outfit idea is to just pair some ripped jeans with a graphic tee. This is a comfortable and easy outfit that you can wear for everyday activities. Chuck on a pair of Converse or Vans to complete the Tomboy outfit idea.
2. Oversized Shirt Dress
For a tomboyish take on the classic shirt dress, opt for an oversized style. This will give you plenty of room to move and breathe, and you can pair it with some sneakers or loafers for a relaxed look.
I really, really dig this look. Overalls are a key piece in any tomboy wardrobe. They can be styled up or down, depending on the occasion. For a casual look, pair your overalls with a tee and sneakers. You could also dress them up with a button-down shirt and some loafers or loafers.
4. Khaki Trousers and Shirt
This is a great outfit for when you want to look put-together, but still feel comfortable. The key to nailing the tomboy look is in the fit of your clothing. Make sure that your trousers and shirt are a little bit baggy, so you don't look too polished.
5. Blackwash Jeans and White Tee
This is a really classic tomboy outfit that you can never go wrong with. The blackwash jeans add a little bit of edge, while the white tee keeps it clean and simple. You could wear this outfit with some sneakers or loafers.
6. Flannel Shirt With Jeans
Flannel shirts are a key piece in any tomboy wardrobe. They can be worn so many different ways, and they're just so comfortable. In this outfit, I've teamed a flannel shirt with some ripped jeans and sneakers. This is a great outfit for running errands or hanging out with friends.
Dungarees are the epitome of tomboy style. They're comfortable, easy to wear, and they look great with just about anything. In this outfit, I've teamed my dungarees with a tee and some low-top Converse. This is a great everyday outfit that you can easily dress up or down.
8. Boyfriend Jeans and Top
This is a super cool summer outfit for when you want to be comfortable but still look put-together. There are a whole range of combos you can use here. Boyfriend jeans tend to be not as tight fitting as typically jeans.
9. Buttoned Down Shirts With Combat Boots
This is an outfit for when you want to look a little bit more edgy. The combat boots add an element of toughness, while the buttoned-down shirt keeps it classy. You could wear this outfit with some skinny jeans or ripped jeans.
10. Leather Jacket With Jeans
This is a terrific fall outfit for when you want to look put-together but still feel comfortable. I love some of the All Saints leather jackets personally. They're just so classic and will never go out of style.
11. Ripped Jeans, Blazer and Beanie
I love this overall look. It's just so cool and effortless. The ripped jeans add a bit of edge, while the blazer keeps it sophisticated. The beanie is just the icing on the cake. You could wear this outfit with some sneakers or loafers.
12. Oversized Cardigan With Jeans and Pullback Baseball Cap
This is a superb winter outfit for when you want to be comfortable but still look put-together. The key to nailing the tomboy look is in the fit of your clothing. Make sure that your cardigan is a little bit baggy, so you don't look too polished. The baseball cap will keep you warm, while the jeans add a little bit of edge.
13. Hoodie With Jeans and Shades
Again, a super casual look that is perfect for those lazy days. The key to nailing the tomboy look is in the fit of your clothing. Make sure that your hoodie and jeans are a little bit baggy, so you don't look too polished. The shades add a touch of cool, while the sneakers keep it casual.
14. Cropped Jeans and Crop Top
With this outfit you can team up some cropped jeans with a crop top and some low-top Converse. Throw on some shades and you're good to go! This is a great summer outfit for when you want to be comfortable but still look put-together.
15. Skater Skirt With Snapback and Vans
The skater skirt will keep you cool, while the snapback and vans add a little bit of edge. This is a great summer outfit that you can easily dress up or down.
What Are Some Great Tomboy Accessories?
There are a few key accessories that can give you that boyish dress sense, here are some of my all time favorites to complete a Tomboy outfit.
These look effortlessly cool and can be worn with just about anything. Wear them back to front to give a finished look.
- Aviator Style Sunglasses
Sunglasses are the perfect accessory for those lazy days when you don't want to wear much else. They also add a touch of cool to any outfit.
- Baseball Jackets
Baseball jackets are another great option for those lazy days. They're also great for transitioning between seasons
Beanies are another great option for those cold days. They also add a bit of edge to any outfitT-shirts
- Air Force 1s
There's just something about Nike's Air Force 1s that make them the perfect tomboy shoe. They're comfortable, stylish, and they go with just about anything.
Think About Your Hairstyle
Your hairstyle is also a key component of nailing the tomboy look. If you have long hair, consider wearing it in a low ponytail or bun. If you have short hair, consider adding some gel to give it a more boyish look. either way, make sure that your hair is out of your face so you can focus on your outfit.
How to Put Together a Tomboy Outfit?
Start with the basics and work from the bottom up - begin with a great pair of jeans, then add a simple top and layer on from there. If you're unsure about how to put together an outfit, always remember that less is more. You don't want to overdo it and look like you're trying too hard. A few key pieces are all you need to nail the tomboy look.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when putting together a tomboy outfit
- Choose comfortable, relaxed-fit clothing. You want your clothes to be comfortable so you can move around freely
- Stick to a neutral color palette. Black, white, grey, and denim are your best friend when it comes to nailing the tomboy look
- Choose pieces that are functional and practical. You want to be able to move around freely in your clothes, so make sure they're not too restrictive
- Keep it simple. You don't want to overdo it and look like you're trying too hard. A few key pieces are all you need
- Have fun with it! The best part about the tomboy look is that there are no rules. You can mix and match different pieces to create your own unique style.
How Do You Make the Tomboy Outfit Look Cute?
While the tomboy outfit is primarily focused on comfort and functionality, there are a few ways you can make it look cute
- Add a pop of color: A great way to add a touch of femininity to your tomboy outfit is by adding a pop of color. Choose one key piece, like your shoes or your top, and make that your statement piece. This is why I think graphic tees work so well. Think old school Rock bank merchandise.
- Play with proportion: Tomboy outfits tend to be more relaxed and oversized. To make your outfit look cute, try playing with proportion. Choose a fitted bottom, like skinny jeans or a mini skirt, and pair it with an oversized top.
- Add some girly details: Another great way to make your tomboy outfit look cute is by adding some girly details. This could be anything from a pair of dangly earrings to a flowy scarf.
What Makes a Tomboy Outfit?
Basically, a Tomboy outfit just leans more on the masculine sense of dress , favoring comfort, simplicity, and functionality over everything else. It's the kind of outfit you can wear when you just want to throw something on and go. So it's all about finding the right balance of tomboy and girl for you. And have fun with it! There are no rules when it comes to nailing the tomboy look.
Here are a few key pieces that every tomboy should have in her closet:
- A great pair of jeans: Jeans are the foundation of any tomboy outfit. They're comfortable, stylish, and they go with just about anything
- A simple top: A basic tee or tank is the perfect top for a tomboy outfit. Choose a neutral color like black, white, or grey
- A cozy sweater: A cozy sweater is the perfect piece for when you want to be comfortable but still look put together. And it's great for layering in the colder months
- A denim jacket: A denim jacket is a tomboy staple. It's the perfect piece for when you need an extra layer but don't want to sacrifice style
- Sneakers: A good pair of sneakers is essential for any tomboy outfit. They're comfortable and practical, and they go with just about anything. Choose a classic style like Converse or Vans.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Elin Beck