Am a singer and have sang many bhajans.I find music has a healing power.Earlier have written a hub on how Music heals.
Secret tips for Younger Glowing skin
Very few of us are blessed with a perfect glowing skin. All you need to do is, adopt a few natural skin care remedies to get rid of blackheads, dark circles, pigmentation and spots. A healthy diet always helps for that perfect skin so avoid fried and oily food.
- Start your day with a glass of warm water. You can also add lemon juice to it. Avoid drinking very cold water if you can.
- Soak Almonds overnight in water. Eat 4-5 almonds everyday. It is rich in Vitamin E which is beneficial for both your skin as well as your hair. Almond enhances your beauty by making your skin smooth, soft and giving you a cream complexion.
- Now we start with face wash. Replace your face wash with homemade face wash. Soaps and face wash use chemicals which strips you of all natural oils.
- For oily skin use gram flour or besan mixed with turmeric powder and apply the paste. Use circular motion to rub the paste on your face. Wash it after 10 minutes. You can use tomato juice also along with lemon juice in equal quantity.
- For normal skin make a paste of Besan, clotted cream and turmeric powder. Then, apply it on your face. Rub the paste in a circular manner gently. This way it removes all dirt and grime from your face. Wash your face after 10 minutes and see the glow.
- The juice of lemon mixed with sugar granules can be used as a natural scrub for glowing skin. Rub ice cube for proper blood circulation. Raw milk can be massaged on face to make it soft and supple.
Top 5 Tips for normal skin care and get instant glow
Fruit packs are very effective in adding radiance to your skin. You can apply them regularly. They don't have any side effect. You can select from Papaya, apple, banana .You can even mix all the three and add Yogurt or lemon juice to the mixture. Apply it on your face and leave it on for half an hour. Wash off with cold water. It will not only add a glow, but remove the tan also. Your skin will feel baby soft. Some more tips using fruit juices are as follows :
- Take the juice of half an orange or tomato mixed with two teaspoon of yogurt. Massage your face with the mixture in a circular manner. Wash your face with cold water after it dries up. It will give your skin a nice glow.
- Rub papaya pulp on your face. Leave it to dry. Wash it after 15 minutes. You can also mix turmeric powder to the pulp. It will help you get rid of blackheads and will give you an instant glow.
- Carrot juice also can be applied on your face. It helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- Pomegranate juice also can be applied on face and left to dry.
- Apple skin can be used as a skin cleanser. Also helps in skin tightening.
- Easy Facial Scrubs and Their Benefits: 4 Recipes
A homemade facial scrub has many great benefits. They are also very easy to make with just a couple ingredients.
- 10 Steps to Perfect Skin Care and Face Care for Dry Skin
Secret beauty Tips for Oily skin care
Oily skin causes blackheads, acne, enlarged pores. There are many causes for oily skin. Common causes are improper diet(oily and spicy food), too much make-up, not proper cleansing, thick moisturizing lotions and foundations. You can get rid of Oily skin if you try using these herbal remedies.
- Cucumber juice can be applied on face for those who have Oily skin. You can also add Lemon juice to cucumber.
- Multani mitti mixed with sandalwood and turmeric powder along with lemon juice applied on the face is very effective for oily skin and adds glow to your face.
- Honey can be used for oily skin also.
- Apply rosewater on your face. It also acts as a toner. You can mix rosewater to sandalwood and apply it on your face. It removes excess oil as it has a drying as well as cooling effect on skin. Sandalwood is also known to have calming effect on nerves which helps in relaxing. It removes blemishes and heals various type of skin inflammation.
- Add lemon juice to tomato juice and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash with cold water. Effective tip for skin whitening. You can improve your skin complexion using this tip.
- Juice of pineapple also helps to get rid of open pores. Wash with cold water after applying the juice.
- Papaya pulp can be applied on face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
- Multani mitti also is effective for open pores. Mix rose water to multani mitti or fuller's earth and leave it to dry. Spray your face with cold water and slowly wash the paste. Be careful while washing your face do not rub it.
Steaming opens the pores. After cleansing splash cold water. Cold water closes open pores. You can rub ice cube also. Make it a habit of washing your face with cold water at least 3-4 times in a day.
Top 5 Beauty Tips for Dry Skin
- Soak almond in milk and leave it overnight. Make a paste the next morning and apply it on your face. Almond is rich in Vitamin E. It moisturizes your face and adds a glow to your skin.
- Extra virgin Olive oil is also rich in vitamin E. Massage your face and neck with Extra virgin oil everyday for 10- 15 minutes. It removes fine lines and rejuvenates your skin besides adding a glow to your skin.
- For dry skin you can use mashed banana mixed with honey on your face.This not only gives a glow to your skin but also tightens it.
- Clotted cream mixed with honey also can be applied on face. Wash it with cold water and pat dry.
- Desi ghee is known for its moisturizing effect and good for dry skin.
- To remove scar apply aloe vera juice and leave it for 15 -20 minutes. Wash and pat dry.
- Coconut water also helps to remove scars.
- Another effective tip to remove scars is castor oil. Massage it in a circular manner and wash after 15 minutes. Castor oil is sticky so you need patience for good results but it is worthwhile. Try it regularly for a month for the scar to go off completely.
How to get baby soft skin?
- Cleansing followed with exfoliating . To exfoliate you can use Lemon juice mixed with sugar granules. Rub the mixture on the skin in circular manner. It will remove dead skin.
- 2 tablespoon of Johnson baby oil mixed with two tablespoon of sugar when rubbed on face, neck, hand, feet makes the skin baby soft and supple.
- Glycerine mixed with honey acts as a natural bleach. 2 teaspoon glycerine, 2 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon honey should be mixed and left for half an hour.
- Another trick for beautiful feet is add a few drops of Johnson baby shampoo in lukewarm water. You can add a few drops more depending on the quantity of water in your bucket, ideally half a bucket is enough. Use a scrub or loofah to remove dead skin.
- Always keep your skin moisturized and drink plenty of water. Drinking water will improve circulation, flush toxins from your body and will give you a radiant complexion.
- Eat almonds regularly. 4-5 daily are enough. Have already mentioned its benefits. Besides Vitamin E it also has an enzyme, catalase that slows down aging.
- Strawberry is rich in Vitamin C. It helps to lighten dark spots. Ellagic acid is found in strawberries which is essential for collagen production and antioxidants. Your skin remains young and wrinkle free.
- Avocado is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. It helps to make your skin soft and smooth.
- Drink Green tea which is again rich in antioxidants.
- Yogurt is not only rich in calcium and phosphorus but also high in protein. Protein essential for collagen production.
Avoid heavy makeup as this harms your skin in the long run. Nothing looks more beautiful than a flawless skin with a natural glow. Make-up is usually used to hide the flaws. You will be blessed with a natural glowing skin so will not need any makeup to cover them.
For more tips to get an instant glow and fairer skin
Secret tips for Anti aging
- Secret tips for Anti aging -How to reduce wrinkles & fine lines
Aging is inevitable but most of us want to look younger than our age The skin tends to become shabby and dry losing its elasticity making us look old and worn out. Why not age gracefully and delay this aging process. Ideally we cannot get our baby s
Sign up for new users
Want to share some tips with others then join Hubpages.
Tips to remove Blackheads
- Blackheads removal Tips - Home remedy
Everyone wants a natural glowing skin,which is clear of blackheads,acne,pigmentation and dark circles.Is your skin Oily? Then you may also be suffering from blackheads as well as whiteheads. Blackheads if left untreated gets aggravated to form
Tips to remove dark circles
- Tips to Remove Dark Circles permanently
Dark circles are a common sight these days. They make us look aged as well as pale and haggard. There are many causes for dark circles. Heredity,stress,anaemia are some common factors. There are some herbal remedies which can eliminate dark circles
Beware of harmful Skin care products
- Skin care facts/Go natural
The skin care market is a multi million dollar industry. Most of us are willing to shell out extra money if it guarantees beautiful and young skin. Many manufacturers of skin products know that.
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 23, 2017:
Thanks Nell.Glad you liked it
Nell Rose from England on February 23, 2017:
Great advice and ideas, thanks!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on December 09, 2013:
thanks fateocmmkr. Sorry for such a late response .Was not very active on hubpages so could not reply soon. You can always check my profile for any new hub. Will post a new hub soon .
Sush on October 28, 2013:
pls tell me for glowing face,
fateocmmkr on May 12, 2013:
Thanks for the article on snigdha-s.hubpages.com. How can I make is so that I receive an email whenever you write a fresh post so I can forward it to my aunt to
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on March 26, 2013:
Thanks Markie. Do give your feedback after trying these simple tips.
Markie W on March 25, 2013:
Wow, what an informative and well written hub! I haven't heard of many of these tips and I'll definitely have to try several of them. Thanks!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 27, 2013:
Apply aloevera juice regularly. Applying coconut water is also very effective. Face packs have tightening effect on the skin and should be regularly applied for those who have oily skin. Dry skin needs to be moisturized regularly. So, depending on your skin type choose your herbal packs. Fruits packs are best and recommended for all skin types.
kapil on February 18, 2013:
please suggest me a face mask for acne scars...
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 09, 2013:
Kapil for oily skin sandalwood mixed with rosewater is pretty effective . To remove scars you can apply Coconut water as well as aloevera juice. Raw coconut water if applied religiously helps remove scars completely.
kapil on February 09, 2013:
please suggest me a home remedy to heal acne scars? I have oily skin. which home remedy is best for scars : paste of sandalwood & turmeric or paste of sandalwood & fullers earth. or shall I use other home remedy.
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on January 12, 2013:
Thanks studentsage . Glad you liked my hub. Almonds are rich source of Vitamin E . It even helps to reduce dark circles. It has many benefits. Have strawberries as well.
Ashley from USA on December 21, 2012:
Wow, I'm going to go to BJ's and buy almonds in bulk. I had no idea they were good for skin. This is a really awesome hub, super informative!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on December 20, 2012:
Thanks Vibesites for voting. Am glad you found these tips useful.
vibesites from United States on December 20, 2012:
Thanks for sharing the natural skin care tips. Voted up and useful. :)
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on December 08, 2012:
Hello sona ,You don't need to worry try out the simple tips I have mentioned in the hub .You just need to be careful not to add lemon juice or orange juice. Anything acidic may cause irritation to your skin.For fair skin home remedies you may check another hub wherein I have mentioned some simple tips for fair and glowing complexion. Do let me know the results after you tried these tips after 10 days.
sona on November 15, 2012:
i hv dry plus sensitive skin...mah skin has big pores tooo...dnt knw wat 2 do??????????? plz suggest me some home made remedy 4 fair n glowing skin......plz help me out!!!!!!!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on July 31, 2012:
You are right vedicmonk. Neem leaves also help remove scars . Some people start their day eating 5 neem leaves and 5 basil leaves. It not only gives a glowing and healthy skin but purifies blood. Neem leaves are very bitter so very few can continue with that habit for long but nevertheless it does help give you a healthy skin.
vedicmonk on July 31, 2012:
Great Hub, I found Neem leaves paste diluted in water to be very helpful for a glowing skin
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on June 14, 2012:
Thanks Shanique. Glad you found the tips useful. One word of precaution though, do not use cucumbers in excess. It can cause dryness.
Shanique E on June 13, 2012:
Great tips i have learnt a lot! I knew about Aloe Vera i use it on my face quite often.Cucumbers is also great on the skin:)
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on June 12, 2012:
Thanks Alex. Hope your wife finds these tips useful .More than a fair skin most of us want a glowing skin.
Thanks beingwell. Try lemon next time and do give your feedback when you notice the difference in your skin.
beingwell from Bangkok on June 12, 2012:
I love these tips! I always forget to add lemon in my water, though. I got to make it a habit.
Alex Jose from Cleveland, Ohio on May 29, 2012:
Lovely advice's you have got on this hub that i will tell my wife to follow, even though she is fair but all these will enhance her beauty more so thanks a lot for this lovely hub, voted up for this hub.
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on May 14, 2012:
Peter Geekie from Sittingbourne on May 14, 2012:
Well written and useful hub - thank you
Kind regards Peter
foogoofish101 on February 15, 2012:
a page worth saving for, nice tips!!!!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 15, 2012:
Angel,Give your skin some time to recover. Most of Johnson baby's products are good for sensitive skins as they do not have harsh chemicals. You can apply aloe vera juice to help the skin heal first. Steaming will help initially.Don't scrub your skin hard to remove dead skin. Don't worry Angel your skin will become healthy and will start glowing if you follow a strict regime. Follow the steps which i mentioned in the above Hub. Do give your feed back.
Angel on February 14, 2012:
i have up to 3dead skin layers on my face, i have tried a lot of things to peel it but to no avail, it even make it worst and damaged and my face look horrible, can i just be applying Johnson's baby oil on it everyday, who know..may be with time it wld peel off by its self or what can i do...its so sad
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 08, 2012:
Angela,I have already written recently on hair care as well. You can check that hub,Hope it helps you. One tip,try using Johnson baby shampoo.It is gentle, no harsh chemicals. It will make your hair soft.Check my hub for other tips.Thanks
Angela Biggs from United Kingdom on February 07, 2012:
I am eager to try this. All of them sounds wonderful and cheap too :P Can you do one for hair as well. I really have rough hair with lots of dandruf :(
Cynthia Calhoun from Western NC on February 07, 2012:
Great hub! Perfect timing, too - I'll be linking to this when I finish a hub about dish soap and hand wash this evening. :D Voted up!
Aurelio Locsin from Orange County, CA on February 07, 2012:
Some new tips for me here. Voting this Up and Useful. Thanks for SHARING.
Moria on February 05, 2012:
Awesome hub this has been.Some useful tips .It is worth trying..I appreciate your work.Beautifully complied hub with some vital information.Great to see such wonderful hubs.Thanks a lot for sharing this...
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 04, 2012:
I am not aware of that, maybe some trick to reduce weight but Hot water mixed with lemon helps ind digestion of fat and burns fat easily. It has other advantages also like it soothes throat, cleanses bladder and flushes toxins.
Cold water has advantages like it quenches thirst, relieves fatigue and giddiness. For someone suffering from headache will prefer cold water.
But inspite of all these advantages starting your day with warm water is advisable.Those who want to lose weight can add honey to lemon in warm water.
Tara Carbery from Cheshire, UK on February 04, 2012:
Good hub! I read that drinking very cold water was good for you as the body reacts to the shock of the coldness and works harder. Nice tips. I'm going to try some!
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 04, 2012:
thank you L.L Woodard
L.L. Woodard from Oklahoma City on February 04, 2012:
Lots of good options here for all skin types. Voted up and SHARED.
Snigdha Shahi (author) from India,mumbai on February 04, 2012:
Thanks SmartyPens. Appreciate your gesture. Agree with you, Skin care products have actually become skin scare products. It becomes really difficult to restore our normal skin after the damage.
SmartyPens on February 04, 2012:
Great tips on NATURAL skin care. So tired of all of those bottled chemicals on the market. Voted up!