The Daytime Look, the Party Look, and the Smokey Eye Look
Nothing says passion and excitement quite like the color purple does. Incorporate this color into your makeup routine easily with our suggestions.
In this hub we'll show you some of the best purple eyeshadow looks and also recommend the best purple eyeshadow palettes -- for both low-cost and price-is-no-object budgets.
Whether you are looking for a purple smokey eye look, a party look, or a daytime look, you are sure to be able to wear this fabulous color almost everywhere!
Best Brands Overall
The brands we thought had the best qualities for the palettes were Yves Saint Laurent, Estee Lauder, and Cover Girl. They were all long-lasting and the powder stuck to the applicators without flaking off and wasting.
The Best Purple Eyeshadow Palettes
Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres, Indian Pink Set
- What I like about this set is that it comes with shadow colors with a small color gradient change in each one. This makes it ideal for days you want an all-over purple look to your eyes.
- This palette's colors are bright, which might make it more suitable to Spring.
- Comes with black applicators which I'm not too fond of. (I explain why in the Cover Girl kit review further down.)
- Yves Saint Laurent uses high-quality, rich pigments
- This set retails for $58.00 (ouch), but it's worth it! Mirror included in compact.
Estee Lauder Surreal Violet Pure Color Palette
- This is my favorite set of the three because it actually comes with a dark gray shadow you can use to line your lid or use as the base for a smoky purple eye.
- A very dark purple shadow is included (perfect for night-time wear)
- Comes with white applicators and a small brush.
- This set is $48.00 and comes with a handy mirror for touch-ups.
Covergirl Eye Enhancers, Ice Princess
- If you want to add a streak of light blue in with your purple look, this kit has it.
- I am not too crazy about black applicators because it makes the makeup color more difficult to see. I find when I store the makeup away, I sometimes can't tell what color I left on the applicator.
- You really can't complain about this great basic kit because you get a lot of bang for your buck. This set retails for $5.99 -- a budgeting girl's best friend.