I like doing crafts because my creations make me smile. I love the fact that I can create something that is useful and decorative.
Improving positive energy around you is obviously desired by all. A way to do this is by wearing a chakra bracelet sporting the chakra colors red, orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet.
Fortunately, you can easily make one for yourself! Any beginner in jewelry-making can make this. The skilled ones, of course, can up the ante and add more elements like a charm.
Benefits of Wearing a Bracelet Following the Chakra Colors
- Beads and spacers
- Different crystals/semi precious stones following the chakra colors
- Crimp beads
- Snap hook lock
- Jewelry cable wire
- Jewelry pliers
- Bead tray
Structure of the Bracelet
I followed the structure below for this chakra bracelet. You can have your own design or structure. However, it's important to sequence your crystals/semi-precious stones according the chakra color sequence i.e. red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.
For this bracelet, I used semi-precious stones for its look and healing powers. Avoid using plastic beads not only the environment, but also for the 'look' and quality of the bracelet. Furthermore, I used gold-filled beads, crimp tubes, wire and spacers for durability. Moreover, gold-filled items maintain their luster for a long-time.
I used pearls for this bracelet because they pair well with the different chakra colors. They also make this bracelet perfect for summer wear. With these colors, I found that this bracelet is ideal for everyday use because it matches all my outfits.
- Assemble your bracelet on a bead tray.
- Cut off 12 inches of jewelry wire.
- Attach one end of the cable wire to the jump ring by using a crimp bead. Watch the video below on how to crimp like a pro.
- Follow the crimp bead with a gold round bead.
- String the pearls and crystals/semi precious stones. Sequence the semi precious stones according to the chakra colors. Alternate the pearls and the semiprecious stones. For the green semi precious stone, flank both sides with gold spacer beads.
- Add a gold round bead.
- Secure the cable wire to the snap hook with a crimp bead.
Correct Way of Crimping a Bead
How to String a Bracelet
1. Add a bracelet charm. Following the energy theme of this bracelet, I added an evil-eye charm. Evil-eye charms guard a person against misfortunes. You may also use feng-shui good luck charms like Chinese coins for wealth, laughing buddha for happiness, rose quartz for love, etc. Just remember to make your charm proportionate in size to your beads.
2. Use semi-precious stones for longevity and expensive look.
3. Use quality metal findings and beads that can keep its sheen for a long time.
Variation: Pearl Bracelet with Wulo Charm
A variation I did to this bracelet is swapping the green stone with a green Burmese Jade Wulo (bottle gourd) which is a symbol for longevity and good health.