Rebecca loves sharing what she knows about alternative medicine, health, frugal living, fun, animals, and how to live a better life!
Sea salt is made when water from the ocean evaporates. Its been around since prehistoric times. It seems silly to state that but nature knows what nature needs. Everything here has a purpose regardless of how minuscule that may be. Nature created an amazing thing here. Sea salt is often used for skincare, cosmetics, seasoning, healing recipes, and cooking.
Don't get sea salt mixed up with table salt. Table salt is mined from underground and trace minerals are heavily processed and removed.
There is something about the sea that naturally draws humans to it. A deep connection and knowing we are part of something greater. When going for a midnight dip in the ocean isn't possible you can always set up a nice relaxing soak in the tub.
Types of Sea Salt used for bathing
These types of sea salt are basically named after the ocean in which they are mined from. Is one better than the other? Probably in trace amounts but they are all really great so just pick one and use it.
Minera Dead Sea Salts
Sea salt bathtime!
Why you should start having Sea salt baths (not to be confused with table salt).
- Sea salt is alkaline, therefore while soaking in it you help reduce the acidity of your body. Disease and infections cannot thrive in an alkaline environment, so this is good!
- Your skin is your largest organ (yes it is an organ), and while you soak, the Sea salt becomes adsorbed through your skin and into your bloodstream, where it promptly helps remove excess lactic acid. Lactic acid is popular in dancers, people that work out or have strenuous jobs. Lactic acid is what makes your muscles sore and painful. When it accumulates in your muscles they will start to feel tight, stiff, and achy. Sea salt will help remove this. Goodbye muscle cramps!
- Sea salt corrects electrolyte imbalance and strengthens the immune system.
- Sea salt also relieves irritation from skin disorders, especially for those who suffer from psoriasis.
- Relieves arthritis.
- Sea salt baths help improve circulatory function and help open pores.
- Sea salt is a natural antihistamine.
- Sea salts help regulate blood sugar levels.
- For spiritual purposes, Sea salt is very cleansing and excellent at removing negativity and clearing the Aura/energy field. Next time you have a high-stress day, or feel burdened by negative emotions from others, take a Sea salt bath. A soak for 30-40 minutes will quickly neutralize your mood! Don't believe me? Try it.
- Sea salt baths are relaxing, pampering, and easily give you that "spa" day at home.
- Health benefits of MSM or Sulfur Supplements and why...
Sulfur is a nutrient found in every living organism. Sulfur is absolutely necessary for good health, but we usually fail to get enough of it, even when eating healthy.
Sea salt is also packed full of minerals that your body will benefit from.
- Sodium and Chloride-benefits nerve function and nutrient absorption.
- Potassium-regulates acid levels in your body.
- Magnesium-assists with energy production.
- Calcium-provides assistance with teeth and bone growth, as well as helps nerve function and regulating the beating heart.
- Sulfur-boosts immune function and detoxification. Sulfur is the 8th most common element in the human body! Every cell contains it.
Trace elements are also typically found in Sea salt, although minute in concentration these work with other minerals to maintain optimal body functioning. Trace minerals include phosphorus, bromine, boron, zinc, iron, manganese, copper and silicon.
- Bulk Bath Salts & Wholesale Bath Salt
SaltWorks offers the widest variety of wholesale and bulk bath salts available. We source our therapeutic bath salt from around the globe to ensure that we have the absolute highest quality bath salts and the lowest prices.
Sea salt bath
- Draw a bath-warm/hot water to eliminate/detox, lukewarm water to absorb. Choose the temperature of your water based on the purpose of your soak.
- Add 1-2 cups fine or coarsely ground Sea salt (coarse makes a great body polish too) to running water.
- Add essential oils (optional)
- Soak for as long as you like.
- Enjoy your refreshed body and mind!
Repeat weekly, monthly or as often as you like. This is a very pampering soak!
© 2014 Rebecca
Carol Morris on July 09, 2016:
Very interesting - thanks!
FlourishAnyway from USA on June 21, 2014:
This seems like a good idea. You have convinced me!
travmaj from australia on June 20, 2014:
what a product, I didn't know sea salt was so versatile. Will definitely treat myself.
Rebecca (author) from USA on June 20, 2014:
Hey everyone! Thanks for the comments. You owe it to yourself to try a sea salt bath. :)
torrilynn on June 19, 2014:
I never new seal salt had such benefits. It's always good to relieve yourself of soreness and any possible infections. Voted up and useful.
Jennifer Kessner from Pennsylvania on June 19, 2014:
I didn't know sea salt could do so much for you! I will definitely be adding this to my routine; thanks for the tips!
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on June 19, 2014:
i too never thought that there were so much minerals in sea salt.. thank you for the
Maren Elizabeth Morgan from Pennsylvania on June 18, 2014:
I had no idea that all those minerals existed in sea salts!
Rebecca (author) from USA on June 18, 2014:
Thanks DDE, your comments are always so kind!
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on June 18, 2014:
Great tips here. A soothing way of life and so meaningful to all. A perfect way to benefit a relaxed mind.