Grace Burgess' Hair Style:
Grace Burgess' hair style in series 1 is very pretty and feminine set in contrast to her mildly ruthless persona! The style is very natural, not too 'done up' or overly neat but with plenty of movement and bounce.
To get the complete Grace Burgess hair style make sure you have a blunt, one-level cut (no layers) just below your collar bone. This kind of cut is flattering for the vast majority of hair types but is especially great for thin, fine hair as it gives the illusion of chunkier and therefore thicker hair. The key is to avoid wispy looking ends. If you already have blonde or at least very light brown hair buy some honey blonde highlights that you can apply easily at home. Make sure you have some toner nearby to tone down any orange or yellow undertones. I'm a bottle blonde and I use the 'BLEACH' Silver Shampoo because of its good quality and the brilliant natural looking blonde I get after using it.
Grace's Hair Style with heat:
- Start by blowdrying clean hair with a thickening mousse or spray of your choice. I use 'John Frieda' or 'Bumble and Bumble' as they literally double the thickness of my hair.
- When dry I use my 'Babyliss Curl Secret Styler' and take fairly large chunks of hair and place in the secret styler on the lower setting. This gives a far more natural, looser look. You place your hair in the ceramic curl chamber where it is gently held and heated in different directions to form a perfect looking curl. You could use curling tongs as you usually would to create these loose curls but i'm completely useless at using curling tongs and find the Babyliss Curl Secret Styler so much easier to use. It takes me about 15 minutes to do the whole of my head and because of its alternating curl direction creates very natural looking results which is near impossible for me to achieve with a set of tongs. If this is too pricey you could always use a curling wand which would give you the same effect but the curls wouldn't last as long. Comb your curls through gently. Brushing them through will make them go fluffy.
- Finish up by using a tiny amount of the brilliant 'OSIS Dust it powder' along your parting and at your crown to avoid a flat looking top. Be careful you don't use too much because just a small bit is VERY effective. It is best used to create some height at the top of your head and balance out your loose curls. Also great for lifting and teasing hair generally as well as covering up any greasy roots!
Babyliss Secret Curler:
How to use The Secret Curl Babyliss:
OSIS Dust it Powder:
Grace's Hair Style without heat:
- Wash and condition your hair as normal and apply a thickening mousse or spray of your choice. I use the 'John Frieda' or 'Bumble and Bumble' thickening spray as they literally double the thickness of my hair. Comb hair through. Do not blow dry.
- You can create Grace's loose curls without heat in a number of different ways but I would suggest the most effective way would be to use Curlformers. These are cheap, last forever, save your hair from any heat damage and are able to create varying types of curl depending on your preference. For Grace's hair style use the extra wide and long curlformers. The curlformers come with hooks. To prepare your heat free curler slide the hook into the curler from the base into the tip. Taking a section of damp hair of about 4/5 cm place the top section of hair onto the hook and pull the hook through the curl former and let it fall. Apply all over head. When hair has dried gently remove. There curlformers are VERY easy to use but if your unsure take a look at the viedo below which breaks it down.
- If Curlformers aren't your thing you could always use Small Sleep In Rollers. Take 4/5 cm of hair and wrap around the small rollers. Spray all over using your favourite hair spray to hold. Gently remove the next morning. This type of curl will be much looser but would still be ideal if you want to re-create Grace's style daily.
- Finish up by using a tiny amount of the brilliant 'OSIS Dust it powder' along your parting and at your crown to avoid a flat looking top. Be careful you don't use too much because just a small bit is VERY effective. It is best used to create some height at the top of your head and balance out your loose curls. Also great for lifting and teasing hair generally as well as covering up any greasy roots! See the link above to buy now or take a look at some of its reviews.
How to use Curlformers:
Small Sleep In Rollers:
Other articles/links you may find useful:
- Guide to thicken thin, fine hair:
- Tips on looking after blonde hair:
- Dress like a Peaky Blinder: