Party Saree Blouse Designs
Find the most exclusive collection of party saree blouse designs in this post.
While buying a gorgeous saree may be easy, the thought of designing your own perfect blouse or choli can lead to many sleepless nights for many women. We all know that a saree is incomplete without the right saree blouse and the right attitude. This article can definitely help with the former.
This article can definitely help you find the right design. Here, find party saree blouse designs that can be worn at house parties, weddings, birthdays, and generally all kinds of gatherings where the ladies want to get a little dolled up. Below, find over 40 gorgeous and exquisite blouse photographs that you can run, not walk, to your tailor with!
This first collection of party saree blouses will give you an idea of what type of choli pattern to work with.
Types of Party Saree Blouse Styles:
There are many different types of blouse designs for sari to choose from. Consider the following:
- Confidence is key. Short tops can be very revealing and sexy as well as very demure and elegant, depending on the look the lady wants to go for when wearing a sari. A skimpy blouse isn't required if you want to look good. Remember, it's all about how you carry yourself and the confidence you exude.
- Various sleeve types. Blouses can have full sleeves, three-quarter sleeves, capped sleeves (3-4 inches of sleeves tightly sewn to the measurement of the lady's arm), puffed sleeves, or be sleeveless.
- Neck design. Saree blouses can also have various different types of neck patterns both at the front and back. The neck design can be anything from a collared, high neck to being backless. Depending on the wearer's taste and how she wants to display her outfit, she can choose.
There are also so many different and unique designs to choose from that no two saree blouse in the closet need ever be the same. There is room for a lot of creativity when it comes to sewing the blouse.
- Materials. Party saree blouses can also be made with a variety of of lovely materials. Fabrics like tissue, silk, brocade, lace, and net can be used to stitch. The material depends on whether you want a more traditional or trendy look.
- Traditional looks. For traditional sarees like benarasi, kataan, kanjibaran, silk, and so forth, brocade, silk, velvet, and kataan blouse materials are more ideal. It's best to avoid making your blouse with tissue, net, or chiffon if you want a more traditional saree.
- Trendier looks. For a trendy and chic look however, you can use nets, tissue, chiffon, and georgettes to make a weightless, crepe type of saree. You can also make a blouse with transparent, translucent and flimsy materials like tissue, nets, and so forth. Velvet and brocade can also be made for more contemporary sarees.
- Simple vs embellishments. Blouses can be kept simple with designer neck patterns or can have embellishments like thread embroidery, pearl setting, stone work, zardozi work, ribbons, and specific cuts.
Photographs of Gorgeous Party Sari and Designer Blouse Designs
Sexy Party Saree Blouse Photographs:
How to Look Sexy in a Saree at a Party:
- Plunging necklines. If you want to look especially sizzling in a saree at a party, consider a blouse with a deep plunging neck with an embellished border around the neckline. For deep plunging sari blouse neck pattern, it is best to make the blouse choli type with padded cups attached at the front part of the blouse. This way, the blouse can have very deep back neck or be backless without needing any bra underneath, as the straps usually peep out of big necklines.
- Choose your tailor carefully. However, to look hot and sexy in a party saree, the blouse must be stitched well and must appear like a second skin. Therefore, choose a tailor with a good reputation. Even if the fee is a bit high, it'll be worth it.
- Sleeves. Despite the assumption that the more skin being shown, the sexier, a sexy party saree blouse can have sleeves. In any event, any sleeve-length can be used, including not using any as well as wearing a tube top-like blouse.
Sometimes keeping the blouse design simple is the sexiest! See below for a variety of sexy saree design ideas for a party.
How to Look Sophisticated in a Party Saree:
- High-neck designs. To achieve an elegant and sophisticated look, the high neck designs is widely used in the media. The necklines are kept more demure with exquisite embellishments around the neck. Recently, the Sabyaasachi high neck designer blouse (the Maharani neck blouse worn by Sridevi) has heavily impacted the fashion world, and many replicas of the original blouse have since then been made in India and Bangladesh.
- The transparent sleeve look. Long transparent or translucent sleeves are also used. Wearing a sleeveless or translucent blouse with the high band-type neck can look very classy on a lady wearing a simple chiffon one toned saree.
Elegant Party Saree Blouse Patterns:
Bollywood Actresses in Sexy Designer Saree Blouse
Related Hubs on Saree Blouse Designs:
- Latest Saree Blouse Designs
- Saree Blouse Designs: Part 2 (for Women of Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi Backgrounds)
- Saree Blouse Designs 3: Sleeveless Blouse Designs
Buy Ready made Saree Blouse here:
Latest Saree Blouse Design Update:
There is one party saree blouse design that has recently taken the ladies by storm. So what is the latest saree blouse trend? It is the feminine cold shoulder blouse. Celebrities and fashion divas can't get enough of this style of blouse. It is girly and fashionable. It can even be worn by ladies who feel shy to wear sleeveless blouse due to their flabby arms.
© 2014 K Kiss
Idnumati on September 26, 2018:
Hey I have got a beautiful orange and pink silk kanchipuram saree...can you please give me suggestions for the blouse...I have broad shoulders and flabby arms...I'm kinda plum...so any suggestions for young girls like me wearing saree for the first time
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on April 12, 2016:
Which picture dear?
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on January 24, 2016:
Hi Anjushree, so nice to hear from you. It was a pleasure to help you with your saree blouse design and I just checked the photo of the blouse you had tailor made according to my advice on my facebook page and I must say it looks very pretty. the Sweetheart neckline with the curtained back and front with the magenta piping looks great. I am sure you will rock in this saree and knock me anytime for new saree blouse designs.
Anjushree Jain on January 24, 2016:
With ur expert advice & very helpful suggestions finally got my blouse done & have shared its picture with u.Plz. let me know ur opinion about it.Got two more tailored keeping ur suggestions in mind for other sarees.Thank u for ur help (:
Anju Jain on December 11, 2015:
Hey ! Forgot to thank u fir ur compliment on my sarees.U indeed made me feel good (:
Anju Jain on December 11, 2015:
Thank u so very much for taking out time from ur busy schedule & helping me out with ur valuable suggestions Kiss ! Now I'm literally out of dilemma (: I'm a bit kind of perfectionist so u know don't settle down easily (: Will love to share the blouse pics. with my designer, once they get tailored. For now off to in search of the fabric. Bbye.Take care.
Bye the way, wanted u to know, have read all ur articles & bring in practice all ur advices.
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on December 09, 2015:
Hi Anju Jain, sorry for the delay. Was a bit preoccupied with work and a very close friend's wedding dance rehearsals.
Well I have seen the pictures of the sarees which you posted on my facebook page k Kiss. I must say the sea-green and magenta saree is very pretty. I am sorry the magenta blouse back top narrow part hurts you. If it really bothers you you can easily get the neck design changes by cutting off the top part. It won't be a window neck anymore but you can attach fabric strings at the back to tie up. That would look great. No need to change the shape of the neck design though.
Regarding the other blouse, it is best to make the front part's lining be a bit curved rather than as the pic which i have posted which has a straight line. And yes, now that i have seen your saree colour in the pics, it would look great if you make the curtain part sea-green as the saree colour and the bottom part magenta. You can always improvise on the neck shape depending on the type of jewellery you will be wearing. Hope that helped. Do post pics of the blouse. It is always very exciting to see the end result of the blouse which is based on my tips.
Anju Jain on December 09, 2015:
Sorry for troubling u with my ifs & buts.Plz. take ur time. Kindly also let me know can the tailor change my magenta blouse-back into a V or U?
Anju Jain on December 07, 2015:
Hi Kiss!Thank u so much for clearing my confusion about the green piping & helping me with such detailed explanation about the designs.I really loved the cutain black n beige net combo blouse.I'm just too tempted to get it done for my sea green half n half one.But I think the black lining used in the front under the round-cutting of the neck is straight. Shall I make it exactly that way or I can go for a boat shape or v.Plz.keep in mind that I have to wear jewellery-a necklace or chokar.My second query...Would it look good if I make blouse with rani pink & use sea green for sleeves & to curtain, ( in this case not using skin colour or golden net) or vice versa.Plz.let me know for curtain, shall I use rani, sea-green or skin-gold.With the saree I got twin colour golden lama bloue piece with saree border attached.
For the magenta-gold saree blouse, there is no further confusion.The design u suggested is simple yet trendy & will definitely enhance the beauty of my saree. Thanx once again. :-) Earnestly waiting to hear from u.
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on December 05, 2015:
Hi there Anju Jain! Nothing to worry about, I enjoy giving saree blouse design advice as I am quite obsessed with them myself :)
From your description I can imagine the saree to be very beautiful. Since the piping is green please do not make the blouse green as it will completely camouflage the beautiful green piping against the chest/neck area. Rather you want the green to pop against Magenta blouse and you can still incorporate green on your blouse by again bringing in green as piping around the neckline and sleeve helm. That way you have a win-win and you can have both green and magenta on your saree blouse. If you have time then you can add golden drop shaped stones (tiny ones) scattered all over the blouse back. This blouse would look so beautiful with a round window back tied with a cloth string (see image above with caption “A multi-colored pattern from the back”and you can make the entire neck have green piping and end off with a green string tying back. But if you want high neck you can have that too but keep the front neck slightly open like a narrow V.
Regarding your second saree, it appears that the saree itself is very gorgeous and has beautiful intricate design. Keeping in mind that you may perhaps prefer a more demure and sophisticated look, you can consider wearing the very trendy yet very sophisticated saree blouse design which has sheer back or also as I call it the curtained back blouse. To make this design you would need to use two types of material one material would be transparent (colour should be skin colour or golden or pale beige) or at least slightly thin like chiffon or 60 gram georgette material and the other material can be opaque (the rani pink colour from the saree). I have included a few pictures that you can take reference to on my fb page just for you so do check it out https://www.facebook.com/trendysareeblouse/
Anju Jain on December 04, 2015:
What a pleasant surprise to hear from u Kiss!I am really elated to know that it really works.U really reply & so quickly ! Thank u so much for answering my query.The best thing is that I got the reply when I was sending u my next question.Now that I have sent u my body stats. plz plz.let me know which necklines I should go for& high neck with a v open is preferable or not? Will look forward for ur valuable suggestions .Kindly consider my 2nd question too where I have asked ur help for golden-magenta & seagreen saree.I have truly become ur ardent fan.Thank u & Take care.
Anju jain on December 04, 2015:
Hi! I desperately need ur expert advice Kiss as I'll b wearing sarees for family wedding functions in Jan. I'm 5"2 with 36-32-36 vital stats. Plz. suggest blouse design for a half & half saree which is dull gold georgette in aanchal & magenta khaddi georgette with golden drop shape booti in the body.Saree has a bright magenta border which is covered with golden embroidery & pearl-work.The border has 1/4" green piping facing upward & 1/4"lace of silver-golden colour. Here arises the confusion! What color should b used for the blouse-magenta or green or both? &how & where they should b used?This green piping is giving me some signal! Plz.suggest design to incorporate these colours beautifully. I am 45 yrs.old & want a blouse with sleeve.Saree's border is of 3".
The 2nd saree is sea green half n half.Its aanchal is of chifffon with small golden stone butis.The body, pleating part is of net where kashmiri type light sea green thread & golden thread embroidery is done.Border is of 3" golden coloured with both side piping of rani pink colour. Kindly suggest the blouse colour & design to compliment this saree too.Eagerly waiting for ur reply Kiss.Thank u for being there & helping out.
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on December 04, 2015:
Hi Anju Jain, thanks for stopping by my hub on party saree blouse designs. High necks and collared blouses can be worn with broad shoulders. However, if you are on the bulky side I would suggest to avoid round neck high necks (like the blouse neck sridevi is wearing in the picture above the green Sabyasachi blouse). The reason behind that is that if you are chubby then this neck design on blouse will make you appear more chubby as the neck is hidden. Best option is to wear a high neck with a front opening gap revealing some skin and neck that way you will look fine.
Anju Jain on December 03, 2015:
Lovely designs! Thanks a lot for updating us with the new trend. Indeed a great help! Plz.suggest can high neck & collared blouses b a choice for broad shoulder?
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on November 03, 2015:
Hi all, thanks a lot for dropping by here for the latest trend in party saree blouse designs. Very excited that you all liked the blouse designs.
kumari on November 03, 2015:
super super super.
Vidhya booma on November 01, 2015:
Very nice design
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on October 21, 2015:
Hi Agnes thanks a lot for stopping at my article on party saree blouse designs. I try to help my readers be informed about the latest sari blouse styles and to do so I give photographs.
Agnes charles on October 21, 2015:
Very nice and it will be very useful to all the girls who see this good
M.Renuka on October 06, 2015:
Anita on September 30, 2015:
Nice designs I loved it.
mohini on September 24, 2015:
Very nice design
Ramya muneeswaran on September 04, 2015:
very nice design
Ranjeeta Mahajan on August 29, 2015:
Very nice disings
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on August 13, 2015:
Thank you very much to all of you ladies for checking out this article on party saree blouse designs. It really makes me very happy to help women with their saree blouse wearing experience by sharing various tips on sari blouse styles to look stylish at parties.
niraj agrawal on July 26, 2015:
theju on July 24, 2015:
Supar designer .
roopali patil on July 16, 2015:
Very nice. .designer collection.
pooja on July 11, 2015:
Very Nice ..
pratima on July 07, 2015:
So very nice dision
vaishnavi rai on July 05, 2015:
Verry nice desing
K Kiss (author) from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK on June 20, 2015:
Thank you lovkesh for liking the hub on party saree blouse designs. Stay tuned to my posts for more articles on saree blouse with all the latest photographs
anu on May 06, 2015:
Very nice design
guddu on May 06, 2015:
Very nice and useful...
chandra dev on March 13, 2015:
Very nice and so good
nikita on March 10, 2015:
The designs were nice
But i want to know that i'vea saree having cream paloo and dark green saree.....what kind of design u suggest for that combination???
Pooja Mehta on February 25, 2015:
Design of blouses are very nice.
sonam shinde on January 29, 2015:
Designs is the very nice.
parishmita phukon on December 23, 2014:
Very nice designs
parul jain on May 24, 2014: