Just an enthusiastic girl who wants to help others by sharing her experiences with haircare, makeup, skincare, etc.
Why Night skincare routine matters?
At night, your skin gets a lot of time to repair. You don't have the powerful sun-rays to damage your skin. Exposure to dust and pollution is the least, and skin repairs the most.
A person with oily and acne-prone skin should have a proper night skincare routine for reducing acne or oil from the skin. It doesn't mean that miracle will happen overnight, but if you are consistent with your night skincare routine, you will get good results.
- Take 3 to 4 ice cubes, wrap in a cotton cloth and rub on your skin.
- Then use your face wash to cleanse your skin. Don't forget to massage the facewash circularly on your face for 1 min.
- Wash your face gently.
- Use any Face mask on your face at least once a week.
- Aloe vera, tea tree, mud, neem, etc face masks are recommended.
Toner is supposed to be used after washing your face with facewash. Whether it is day or night, do use toners.
These are the few steps to apply toner on your face:
- Take a cotton ball and pour some toner on it.
- Rub it on your skin gently.
- Don't rub too hard, your pimples can burst.
- Use cucumber, tea tree, or any pore tightening toner.
Anti Acne Cream or Serum:
Applying anti-acne cream or serum for overnight has prolonged benefits. Just after using a face wash or face mask and toning your face, apply anti-acne cream or serum on the affected areas. Leave it overnight and wash with cold water in the morning.
Mostly anti-acne creams have that burning sensation while application. It might frighten you but this is normal. After 10 minutes, the sensation vanishes.
Before using any anti-acne cream or serum, I do recommend a patch test. It is a must to do a patch test.
How to do a patch test:
- Take a little amount of the cream or serum on your finger, and apply on any one of the acne or pimple.
- You will experience a burning sensation which is normal until 10 minutes.
- If your skin still burns after 10 minutes, wash it with a mild facewash as soon as possible.
- Do not miss this step, else you will fall in trouble.
Products I use:
- Biotique neem face wash
- Biotique pore tightening cucumber toner
- Fuller's Earth face mask(Multani mitti)
- Biotique Bio Winter Green Spot Correcting Anti Acne Cream
So, this was my night skincare routine for acne-prone and oily skin. You can check for the morning skincare routine as well on HubPages.
Do try the weird hack which I shared and do let me know whether it worked for you or not.
Hope you liked this series for acne and oily skin. Comment and do let me know if you want me to write on some specific topic.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shilpi Ghosal