Women with red hair and green eyes have a distinct beauty that only requires subtle makeup enhancement to bring out the best in their rare features.
Red hair is the rarest hair color in human beings, and whether your hair is naturally red or enhanced by the bottle, it is also the most head-turning color.
Celebrities like Julianne Moore and Florence Welch share your distinctly beautiful features.
This hub will give you makeup tips for fair skin, red hair, and green eyes.
We will focus on eyebrows, foundation and concealer, eye makeup, and blush and lip colors.
- If your red eyebrows are the same color as the hair on your head, try applying a slightly darker red or very soft brown eyebrow pencil to your brows. Be careful with the color, though. You want your brows to define your face, but not overpower it.
Foundation and Concealer
- Women with red hair and fair skin often have blue or purple coloration under their eyes. This is genetic and usually does not completely go away. But you can greatly reduce their appearance with a good concealer. The right concealer for you often includes the terms "ivory" or "lightest" in its color name.
- Apply concealer under your eyes, between the inner corners of your eyes and nose (often blue and purple coloration is in this area as well), on any blemishes, and around your outer nostrils if you have tiny veins showing in this area.
- If you have problems with skin that is too pink, keep yourself hydrated, eat a balanced diet, and stay out of the sun, but also look for a foundation that is more of a neutral pale than a pinkish pale. When you are at the beauty counters you will see that different brands of foundation have different undertones to them. Simply stay away from the pink ones as you want to downplay the pink on your skin and show off your ivory skin.
- Stick to brown mascara. Apply extra coats of it in the evening for nights out on the town.
- Brown eyeliner will also suit you well. Apply a thin coat of it as too much very quickly makes you look overly made up.
- Your best eyeshadow colors will be light brown, pink, peach, and soft green.
- The best colors of blush for you will be very light pink, light peach, and light-brown infused shades.
- Since you have pale skin, you can double your blush as eyeshadow as well. Some redheads do not like to purchase eyeshadow because the colors are often too dark for their features. Since blush comes in very light colors, this cancels out the problem.
- Your best lipstick colors will be light to medium pinks, light browns, cinnamon, and peach-infused colors. If you have bright red hair, hot pink will be very flattering on you as well.
- On days you want a softer, more sophisticated look, try to copy Julianne Moore's makeup look above. She is solidly neutral in her blush, eyeshadow, and lip colors all at once.