Makeup for black hair and green eyes should focus mostly on bringing the exoticness of your look through. This hub features the best eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick colors for black hair and green eyes, as well as tips on how to make your eyes stand out. These suggestions will work whether your skin is fair, olive, or dark.
Makeup for Black Hair and Green Eyes
How to Make Your Eyes Stand Out:
Although your beautiful green eyes are one of the first things people will notice about you, here are tips on how to best accentuate them.
- Wear black lengthening mascara or black false eyelashes for nights you want to really show your eyes off.
- Wear black eyeliner around your entire eye (as in photo above). Wear a thinner line during the day, and a thicker line in the evening. For a look that says "all eyes," forgo blush and wear just a hint of lip gloss.
- Dark green or purple eyeliner are good for a party makeup routine where the idea is just to have fun with your looks.
- Wear two different colors of vibrant eyeshadow at the same time, like violet and green.
Daytime Eye Makeup:
Even though you look best in more intense colors, at work or at school wear more subtle colors. For variety, a full palette of soft eye shadows will ensure you are never bored.
Focus on beigey or light brown colors and subtle pink hues. This will keep people more focused on your professional or scholarly contributions rather solely on your looks!
Best Eyeshadow, Lipstick, and Blush Colors for Black Hair and Green Eyes:
You will notice that most of your ideal makeup colors are either darker or more intense than for women with other features. This is because your hair and eyes have intense natural coloring to them, and you want makeup that will measure up to your natural beauty.
Note: If you have darker skin, choose darker shades of the colors below.
- Medium pink
- Violet or purples
- Deep orange
- Fuschia (Example is MAC Lipstick in Impassioned -- photo right)
- Light pink
- Deep orange (Example is MAC Lipstick in So Chaud -- photo below right)
- Beigey browns
- Medium pink
- Light brown
- Light orange
- Light brick