If you are looking for a fun new color to try out you might want to think about orange. It may be unusual and uncommon out it can be really pretty! The best part about this hair color is that you can get it at home without using harsh chemicals. You can use semi permanent dyes made from things you may already have lying around the house. They cause little to no damage to your hair. It is really easy and cost almost nothing at all to try.
Hair chalk can be used for many different colors not just orange but orange is one of the colors you can try with this awesome temporary hair coloring method. All you need is hair chalk and if you don't have hair chalk especially for your hair you can actually use pastel chalks.
What to do option one
- Dampen hair with water.
- Comb and untangle hair.
- Tightly hold a small section of hair.
- Color on the section of hair using the chalk.
- Repeat to all sections you want colored.
- Let the hair air dry.
What to do option two
- Put orange chalk in a bowl with warm water.
- Let the chalk dissolve creating the orange dye.
- Brush hair and get rid of tangles.
- Paint the dye onto small sections of hair.
- Let the hair air dry.
Drink mixes can do more than stain your counter tops and create tasty beverages. They have dyes in them already. These dyes are safe enough to eat and drink and won't damage your hair. Just like your counter tops they can change the color of your hair too. All you need is orange drink mix to get orange hair. You can use Kool Aid, Crystal light, Gatoraid or any other powdered drink mix you can find that is orange.
What to do
- Put the orange drink mix into a bowl.
- Add a cup of conditioner.
- Stir the two ingredients together mixing well.
- Brush out hair getting rid of tangles.
- Put in your hair just like shampoo.
- Let it sit for a few hours.
- Rinse with cold water no shampoo.
- Let your hair air dry.
Food coloring can be used as hair dye too. You can either mix orange and yellow dyes until you get the right shade or buy orange food coloring that has been mixed already. This method is temporary only lasting a week or two tops.
What to do
- Fill a bowl up with a cup or two of your regular conditioner.
- Add food coloring to the conditioner and mix well.
- Shampoo the dye into your hair.
- Leave the dye in your hair for four hours at least.
- Wash out with water.
- Air dry your hair.
Get creative the best part of bright colors is you can get away with all kinds of different styles. You don't have to do all over color you can do streaks all over or just in the front. You can do the dip dye style or just framing your face. Coloring your hair bright colors like orange gives you the opportunity to really use your imagination. Here are some pictures for inspiration.
Would you ever dye your hair orange?
Some more of my work
- How to Darken your hair color naturally at home
How to darken your hair color with natural products at home. Use ingredients like cocoa and sage.
- How to dye your hair blue without chemical dyes at h...
How to color your hair blue without harsh chemicals. These are some fun easy ways to get blue hair. All of the dyes are semi permanent and will fade out over time. These techniques are safe and will not cause much damage to your hair.
- How to dye your hair pastel colors at home with chal...
Learn how to dye your hair pastel colors at home. It is an easy fast and inexpensive way to add a splash of color without harsh chemicals and salon prices.
Some related pages
- How to Use Temporary Hair Colour
Audrey Kitching with her trademark pink hair. Temporary or deposit-only hair colour is a simple and effective way to colour your hair. Containing no harsh chemicals such as peroxide or ammonia which are in permanent hair dyes, temporary colour is...
- Color Your Hair Without Hair Dye
Many people look to color their hair, but can’t afford an expensive beauty salon visit or are allergic to chemical lighteners and hair coloring products. Coloring hair can enhance your eyes or bring out other facial features. It may make you feel...
- How To Dye Wool and Kool Aid Dyed Hair
If you have never tried to dye things before, this is a perfect opportunity. Dying with Kool Aid is the quickest, safest, and easiest way to introduce you to dyeing hair, fabrics and yarns than anything I have seen on the market.