The mineral contents of Orange fruit makes it beneficial for skin care. Read and learn how to use orange in making skin and facial oil care
Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty...
— Coco Chanel
Homemade Orange Skin Oil for Face and Body Treatment
Taking care of the skin is an important aspect of skin care, and life style . There are several skin care products out there in cosmetic stores, and easily purchased over the counter. However, the natural skin care products are seemingly competing with synthetic skin care products.
Outstanding among the natural skin care products is the homemade orange skin oil for face and body treatment. It is so very beneficial and have the advantages in ease of preparation, affordability, cost savings, practically zero side effects, and absence of harmful chemicals; it's a strong competitor in the cosmetic industry.
Interestingly, the natural vitamins, and minerals contained in orange is neither harmful nor toxic, except ingesting over a liter of the oil which is never reported for adults.
In this article, preparation of a natural homemade oil using orange was discussed. As I will further explain, the oil is without artificial coloring, contains skin friendly vitamins, and minerals found in orange which are beneficial for face and body care treatment.
- $1.5 three ripe oranges
- $15 1 liter of grapeseed oil or olive oil, fresh
- chopping board or slicer, plastic or wooden
- kitchen knife, cooking knife
- fine mesh or sieve, plastic or metallc
- frying pan, non stick pot
- cooking or steam pot, aluminum or pan
- 20 mL or 20 g transparent glass jar container, glass or plastic
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
About 300 mL of orange skin oil is produced
- How to Use the Wet Method: Take one ripe orange and wash it with clean water using a sponge to scrub the surface. Dry the Orange, and proceed to chop the whole orange into smaller pieces like the grain of rice. Add the chopped pieces of oranges up to ¾ quarter into a clean transparent jar. Afterwards add 300 mL grapeseed oil or olive oils into the same jar up until it covers the chopped pieces inside the container. Cover the jar using the lid and make it airtight. Allow it to stand for 7 days undisturbed. Shake the jar vigorously for 5 minutes every day and leave it undisturbed for the rest of the day. The vigorous shaking ensures that the oranges absorb the oil which dissolves the essential nutrients and vitamins to form a homogenous solution. Use a micro-sieve to separate the oil from the chopped oranges after 7 days and transfer the filtered oil into a clean jar and close the lid. The oil is now homemade orange skin oil and can be used for skin and face care treatment
- How to use the Dry Method: Pick-up one orange and rinse it thoroughly after scrubbing off dirt and dust particles off the orange skin. Use a chopping board or slicer and cut the whole orange into smaller pieces like the size of rice grains. Add 300 mL grapeseed oil or olive oils into the frying pan sufficiently enough to fry the sliced pieces or oranges and add the pieces of orange into the oil. Put on fire and fry the mixture using a gentle blue flame. Fry the mixture and keep stirring continuously for 10 minutes until the oranges changes from bright–yellow to dark–brown discoloration. Put-off the flame and allow the mixture to cool before sieving. Sieve the oil into a clean glass jar and tightly cover the lid. The Oil is now ready for body and facial treatment
- How to Use the Steam Method: The steam method is similar to the aforementioned processes of preparation above but requires the steam. Bring out one orange, and thoroughly wash off any dirt or dust particles in the water. Dry the orange with a clean cloth, and slice the oranges into smaller pieces. Put the sliced pieces into a Pyrex glass jar or very small cooking pot containing 300 mL of grapeseed oil. Add water into a large pot, and introduce the glass jar to sit on the boiling water, but do not cover the pot. Allow the steam to cook the mixture for 20 minutes, and turn off the fire. Let the container stand undisturbed until it cools, and sieve the oil into a clean glass jar, and tightly close the lid. The oil is now ready for skin care and body treatment.
The use of the peel, white pulp, and the Juice during the orange oil skin care preparation makes it more bioactive.
Interestingly, most of the essential nutrients and minerals are found in the peel and the inner white pulp of the orange, which makes this homemade orange skin oil for face, and body treatment very efficacious.....
How to Use Homemade Orange Skin Oil
The orange skin oil is generously applied in the morning on the face and the body (neck and chest), and also at night, using a cotton wool. Allow the orange skin oil for 10 minutes on the body and face after application.
Use a face exfoliating brush or face scrubbing brush, and brush all over the face or body for 5 minutes. Wash off the oil with your regular soap and dry your face.
A regular application of orange skincare oil for 7 days will open up the pores of your skin to breathe well, dissolve the dirt’s/clogs in the skin pores, improve the skin pH and make the skin uninhabitable for germs and bacteria. The usage of the oil will give you an improved skin and overall healthy face.
Why is Homemade Orange Skin Oil Recommended
- The presence of vitamin C aids the proper functioning of the skin immune system to give that glowing appearance.
- Vitamin C is a potent anti-oxidant that supports the production of collagen, and elastin for the skin. It promotes healing of wounds, and strengthening of skin and neutralizes free radicals that are harmful to the skin
- The presence of choline renews youthful vigor by rejuvenating the muscles of the face and body.
- Zeaxanthin found in Oranges belongs to the type of carotenoid that functions as antioxidants, reduces skin inflammation, and growth of acne.
- Zeaxanthin is also reported in journals to aid the smoothening of eye bags, and other skin areas.
- Folic acid is found in little concentrations in oranges which fights wrinkles, fine lines, and premature aging on the face.
- Calcium, Copper and Potassium are precious minerals found in oranges that are beneficial to stabilization of skin cells, sagging, and firmness.
- The presence of vitamin in grapeseed and olive oils protects the skin against UV radiation and skin discoloration.
- Finally, the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research), studies has shown that phytonutrients in oranges have healing powers, and possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Watch this amazing video reveal the nutritious and health benefits of Orange Fruit
This article shows how you can make homemade orange skin oil for face and body treatment and how to use them at home on the body and face. Regular usage like I know, have corrected skin discoloration, acne reduction and prevented blackheads. orange skin oil treatment contains non–toxic natural vitamins, organic minerals, and very unlikely to cause irritation, skin damage or inflammation. However, It is important to mention that few persons with skin disorders or allergic skin reactions should consult dermatologist before application
Skin care is like dieting. You have to invest time and effort. There is no instant miracle cure...
— Karen Grant
Rate this article
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2020 Amarachi Nkwoada
Hi Hubbers, your comments are welcomed
Amarachi Nkwoada (author) from Nigerian on December 19, 2020:
Hello Hubbers, I would like to have your comments regarding this article.