Anifar is a beauty Lover and she would like to share some natural facial remedies that will improve and stimulate a glowing skin .
Do you desire to have naturally glowing and smooth skin without much cost? Natural home remedies are the best when it comes to investing as little as possible. Even though they may take a long to show the results, trust me the results are 100%.Only exercise patience and consistency and everything will work as you wish. Let’s look at some of the home remedies that you have come across but you know less about them in making your skin smooth and shiny as you admire.
"INVEST IN YOUR
IT IS GOING TO
FOR A VERY LONG TIME."
— Linden Tyler
1. Use of Banana
Bananas are almost part of every home fruit but are also helpful for your skin. They contain potassium, vitamin A and B. Bananas have powerful anti-aging factors, hydrate and moisturize your skin, help in treating pimples and acne, treat acne scars and pigmentation and keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
"GOOD SKIN CARE IS A
— Georgia Louise
- Mash a ripe banana.
- Apply it on a clean face and leave for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, make a facemask using 1 ripe banana,1 tablespoon of honey, and lemon juice.
- You can also use banana peels to help in lightening your skin tone and dark circles. Rub banana peels on your skin gently and leave for 10 to 15 minutes, wash and pat your face dry.
2. Use of Coconut oil
Coconut oil is very helpful in dry skin types. It is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that aid in reducing inflammation almost in all skin types. It moisturizes and cleanses your skin keeping acne at bay.
- Apply coconut oil to your skin and massage it gently to give you glowing and smooth healthy skin.
3. Use of Oats
Oats are an excellent anti- tanning factor that helps in skin lightening. They are exfoliators and also rich in zinc which is vital in fighting pimples.
The beta-glucans present in oats helps in fighting dry and itchy skin. They are also good for excess oil absorbers and treatment of acne.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oats and 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Add a half lemon and mix well.
- Apply it to your skin and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
4. Use of Almonds
Almonds are very beneficial for all skin types. They contain vitamin E and antioxidants which are vital for your skin. Regular application of almonds helps in preventing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing stretch marks, moisturizing your skin keeping acne at bay.
- Crush-soaked almonds in milk.
- Blend well to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- You can also decide to massage your skin with almond oil for about 5 to 10 minutes daily, for fresh and younger-looking skin.
5. Use of Lemon
It is very helpful in oily and acne-prone skin. Lemons are very rich in vitamin C and citric acid which are very vital for your skin. The vitamin C present in lemon is a strong antioxidant that helps in boosting collagen production for skin elasticity, lightening the darkened areas of the skin, moisturizing the skin, preventing skin infections such as acne, and also good in detoxing our bodies.
- For application on the skin, Blend lemon to remove the juice.
- Perform a patch before applying it to the skin since it can be irritating.
- Mix lemon and water and apply it to your skin using cotton wool.
- Leave for around 10 minutes and wash with cool water and pat dry.
- You can also drink a glass of lemonade daily to help boost your immunity, detoxify and keep your skin glowing and hydrated.
6. Use of Yoghurt
Have you ever known that yogurt can be very good for your skin? well, yogurt is rich in lactic acid which is good for your skin. Yogurt moisturizes, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin elasticity, soothes sunburns, helps in decreasing tan and dark circles, and helps in keeping acne at bay.
- Apply it directly on your skin using cotton wool and leave for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
- You can also make various face packs using ingredients such as lemon, honey, and oats, and can also be used to make face packs with yogurt.
- You can also consume yogurt to help in improving your skin.
7. Use of Aloe vera
Aloe vera has been in use for treating skin conditions such as acne for a long time. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which are good for the skin. Aloe vera prevents acne, helps in quick healing of sunburns, gives hydrated skin, improves skin elasticity, and prevents wrinkles from forming. For healthy glowing skin aloe vera is the best.
- Make aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel and apply it to your skin.
- Leave for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- You can also add aloe vera juice or gel to drinks and smoothies.
8. Use of Papaya
Useful for dry skin types. It contains papain a powerful ingredient for beautiful skin. Papain can do miracles on your skin apart from being beneficial to your liver. Surprisingly, papain has skin lighting characteristics that help in lightening dark areas on your skin and also scars when used on them. It exfoliates your skin by doing away with dormant protein cells plus dead skin cells and keeps the skin amazingly glowing, beautiful, and young looking.
- Grind papaya to make a paste and apply it on your skin then wash and then pat dry.
9. Use of Turmeric
It works best for both dry and oily skin types. Turmeric has very powerful anti-bacterial properties that are very helpful to your skin. It is an antioxidant that has curcumin an anti-inflammatory agent that Is responsible for keeping skin puffiness at bay. It helps in skin rejuvenation and keeping your skin glowing. Moreover, it removes free radicals that damage your skin and boost collagen production for skin elasticity.
- Mix a half teaspoon of turmeric powder with a cup of gram flour.
- Add milk and mix well for a paste.
- Add drops of rose water.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
10. Use of Honey
Honey is very helpful for oily, acne-prone skin and combinations.It has antibacterial characteristics that help in preventing infections and also help reduce damages caused by skin conditions such as acne. It hydrates the skin, provides a spotless skin and its bleaching factors help in clearing pigmentation and scars.
- On a clean and wet face, apply honey up to the neck area.
- Massage your face and leave it for a few minutes for more efficient absorption.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
11. Use of Milk
Milk is useful for oily skin, and dry and acne-prone skin. Milk is essential in controlling Tyrosine, the melanin-controlling hormone which leads to skin darkening. Milk helps in getting glowing skin when applied to your skin.
- You can apply raw milk to your skin and leave it for some minutes before you wash it.
- You can combine it with other ingredients to form a paste for naturally healthy and glowing skin.
12. Use of Olive oil
Helpful for dry skin type. Olive oil is an antioxidant that helps in delaying of skin aging, helps in fighting cancerous cells, repairs damaged skin and gives an excellent shiny skin glow
- Before going to bed, take a few drops of olive oil and apply it to your face and neck.
- Massage well for about 5 minutes.
- Dip a towel in warm water, and squeeze out excess water.
- Place it on your neck and face for about 2 minutes.
- Dip it again in warm water and use it to remove excess oil from your skin.
- Take another clean towel and dry your face and neck area.
13. Use of Orange juice
Just like lemon, orange juice is good for all skin types and it has vitamin C which is essential in skin detoxification. Taking a glass of orange juice daily helps in a clean skin complexion and rejuvenation in a short time. The vitamin C and citric acid present in it help in fighting acne and makes the skin tight.
- Take a few oranges and squeeze the juice.
- Add a few drops of rose water and mix it well.
- Apply it to your face and rinse it off with cool water after 15 minutes.
- You can decide to squeeze a few oranges each morning.
- Add a little salt and black pepper to the freshly made juice.
- Then drink it.
14. Use of Cucumber
Cucumber is very helpful for acne-prone, dry and sensitive skin. Apart from consuming it in your diet, you can also include it in your daily skincare routine since it has the same pH level as that of your skin. It helps in hydrating your skin and also boosting the skin's protective layer.
- Put a cucumber in a mixer grinder and apply the juice to your skin.
15. Use of Besan(gram flour)
Besan is good for all skin types. It has been used for many years for getting healthier and glowing skin at home. It automatically works as a natural exfoliator for removing dead skin cells for young glowing skin by bringing new cells to the surface.
- Mix it with water or milk or any other applicable ingredient.
- It is used as a pack on the skin and sugar can also be added to help in the exfoliation process.
Good for sensitive and oily skin types. Saffron has many benefits on our skin which are: lightening the skin, especially dark areas, helping in the treatment of acne and its blemishes, and smoothening your skin.
“ NATURE GIVES YOU THE FACE YOU HAVE AT TWENTY; IT IS UP TO YOU TO MERIT THE FACE YOU HAVE AT FIFTY."
— Coco Chanel
- Put a few drops of saffron in water.
- Leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the water to milk or honey or turmeric for different face masks.
- Apply it to the skin for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
17. Use of Tomato Juice
Tomatoes are also healthy for your skin since they contain vitamin C and antioxidants which are very helpful to your immune system. Tomato generally can help decrease the risk of skin cancer, reduce the risk of sunburns, promotes wound healing, may stimulate collagen production essential for your skin, and may help in removing dead skin cells and soothing inflammatory issues. Tomatoes can also be a remedy for acne-prone skin.
- Take a few tomatoes and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Use a clean cloth to apply the juice to the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave for about 1o minutes and wash using lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this daily for wonderful results.
All in all, our facial skin is very important and needs to be taken care of. However, this doesn't mean that you apply everything that you come across to your face. Remember your facial skin is very delicate and whenever you stuff it with different products, it may end up disappointing you. If your skin does not respond to any natural remedy and you see that your conditions persist, please seek medical help instead of applying many different products and ingredients that may make it worse. Not every product or ingredient will work for you. So, choose wisely.